What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

People were saying that 2009/2010 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 2019 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 'Rona building/housing bubble would be the norm forever.

While the nominal prices will never go back down once the inflation thing eases wages will catch up and prices will drop relatively speaking. No telling when that will be though.
I'll give that a solid "maybe."

We have ~300% more fed debt than we did in 08... and the printing machines are running faster than ever.

It's not taking a beating now?
This year has cost me three years of gains so far. I just pulled it out last week to borrow for a real estate purchase and will reallocate the total in 60 days when I put it back. FJB
As long as I don't sell I won't have any realized losses. My issue is I was planning on semi-retiring on July 1st, though I'm not sure if my mindset is ever going to let me fully retire. I'm quitting one of three jobs at the end of the month but going to filling part of the gap with the volunteer fire department. I'd like to pick up a few toys and play some before I'm too old and beat up to do it but with my current 401k status and the coming recession (probably already here) I'm hesitant. Besides, I get free money in a couple of years at age 62 :laughing:

If I had started investing earlier in life this whole thing would be a nothing burger.

People were saying that 2009/2010 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 2019 conditions would be the norm forever. People were saying that the 'Rona building/housing bubble would be the norm forever.

While the nominal prices will never go back down once the inflation thing eases wages will catch up and prices will drop relatively speaking. No telling when that will be though.

Potato tomato. I’m just saying the number on the shelf at the grocery store isn’t going to go down. As mentioned before, we’re just going to move the decimal place.

This year inflation has FAR outpaced the standard annual income increases in our household. Without any correction from our employers, it will take a couple of years to catch up if the inflation rate stopped right here right now, which it won’t.

:homer:
fdgh.jpg

fdgh_1.jpg

Paid $23 for one large pizza from a chain joint (Jet's). Want to say it was $18 pre-Biden.

Paid $23 for one large pizza from a chain joint (Jet's). Want to say it was $18 pre-Biden.
My inlaws do pizza and subs all the time. last time pizzas were something like $25 each and subs were $18. Deli ham was $9 a pound at the grocery store last week.

My inlaws do pizza and subs all the time. last time pizzas were something like $25 each and subs were $18. Deli ham was $9 a pound at the grocery store last week.

was shocked when a wrap "meal" at subway ran $14 w/ tax a number of weeks ago.
Obviously should have doublechecked the prices before ordering.

Three fuckingArbys smoke house brisket sandwichs $23 OUCH! Three pizzas $45!
Fucking rented a mini-van for a fast trip to Las Vegas... Gas was $20 more then the rental. :eek:

I can cook a NY steak, baked potato, and make a salad for about $10 a plate. ( 1/2 LB steak @ 7.99 LB, baker potato's $13/50 LB so maybe $1, Salad ~$3, drink $1 ). :eek:

Must be a standard cut off the shit side of a t bone :barf:

holy shit that pizza better be fucking life changing or the size of a Torino hood. :flipoff2:
Neither but they did deliver into the heart of the local offroad park right to my kids Birthday party which was cool. Tipped the guy $20 wich made the pizzas almost $50 each.

Must be a standard cut off the shit side of a t bone :barf:
I was just about to give you shit because last winter I bought 2 whole NY strips for $6.99/ lb. Now they are 8.99. Who knows what they will be next week.

Three fuckingArbys smoke house brisket sandwichs $23 OUCH! Three pizzas $45!
Fucking rented a mini-van for a fast trip to Las Vegas... Gas was $20 more then the rental. :eek:
If you ever need an suv or truck to run to vegas just stop by and grab one!

Miller keeps raising their prices about every three months.
Cyberweld.com.
New 252’s are $4200.
280DX Tig Runner wireless pedal pkge is $13,570 (paid $8570 in June 2020)
*Free Freight on either.

Miller keeps raising their prices about every three months.
Cyberweld.com.
New 252’s are $4200.
280DX Tig Runner wireless pedal pkge is $13,570 (paid $8570 in June 2020)
*Free Freight on either.

It's becoming insane. I'm pretty sure people are going broke just to keep the doors open.

I was just about to give you shit because last winter I bought 2 whole NY strips for $6.99/ lb. Now they are 8.99. Who knows what they will be next week.

Choice ribeye has been $12.99

was shocked when a wrap "meal" at subway ran $14 w/ tax a number of weeks ago.
Obviously should have doublechecked the prices before ordering.
I've been walking back out of a lot of fast food places

mcdouble is $3? yup, nope, you can keep that trash for that kinda scratch

A 50 lb bag of flower has almost tripled in price in 12-18 months.
doesn't really affect us much, but those filthy foreigners are sure gonna be starving soon what with how global grain markets work and shit

Reactions: DMG
I can't remember the last time I even ate out around here. Restaurant prices were already stupid here and now every asshole from Northern VA and the Northeast has moved here making it worse since no one's losing business jacking prices up. Nevermind the city's bullshit 7.5% meals tax on top of the regular sales tax. You're looking at an extra 32.8% on top of food for tax and tip here now. Can't eat anywhere in the city for under $30 a person anymore, it's fucking insane.

Only place I'll bother with now is this El Salvadorian place on the other side of town. Giant burrito with real steak, 2 papusas, and horchata is like $9 out the door still. I dunno how the hell they do it. Foods amazing though and not over run with hipster faggots because they're too afraid of that side of town.

I can't remember the last time I even ate out around here. Restaurant prices were already stupid here and now every asshole from Northern VA and the Northeast has moved here making it worse since no one's losing business jacking prices up. Nevermind the city's bullshit 7.5% meals tax on top of the regular sales tax. You're looking at an extra 32.8% on top of food for tax and tip here now. Can't eat anywhere in the city for under $30 a person anymore, it's fucking insane.

Only place I'll bother with now is this El Salvadorian place on the other side of town. Giant burrito with real steak, 2 papusas, and horchata is like $9 out the door still. I dunno how the hell they do it. Foods amazing though and not over run with hipster faggots because they're too afraid of that side of town.
It's not cow, that's how.:lmao:

Top Back Refresh