What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I'm guessing actual inflation is in the 30-40% range.
Overall, I'd say yes. Some of our commodities are up over 300% from late '19. Fire alarm devices have had a 15% increase every 6 months for the past 2 years. Some lighting manufactures have been bumping 10-15% every 6 months also.

They cleared a whole bunch of trees at work and left me all the firewood. Got a another good load yesterday. So I'm full on firewood. Glad I've got that covered because people are in for a drastic reality check come this heating season. Coworker paid $6something for heating oil about a month ago.

I'm guessing actual inflation is in the 30-40% range.
I agree. I was looking at some 2"x4"x.120 tubing to build a rear bumper for my sxs....:eek: oh hell no. I'll be piecing some scrap I have together.

I need to go ahead and get my 100lb propane tank filled this weekend. I'll probably shit at that price too.

They cleared a whole bunch of trees at work and left me all the firewood. Got a another good load yesterday. So I'm full on firewood. Glad I've got that covered because people are in for a drastic reality check come this heating season. Coworker paid $6something for heating oil about a month ago.

Yeah, I see it getting ugly this winter.. It's a good time to have a woodstove.

I agree. I was looking at some 2"x4"x.120 tubing to build a rear bumper for my sxs....:eek: oh hell no. I'll be piecing some scrap I have together.
Boy, if there's ever going to be some scraggly shit material to be used / done this year for personal project shit... Even the pallets shit comes on is going to be used somehow.

And every time I go to use something stupid I ask myself the question "Is this really that damn expensive to have to do this?" right before I go to do it full fledged wide open with no conscious...

And if it's not to be seen it can be absolutely anything that can be reused to serve the purpose. I'm eye balling anything that hasn't been used in the past 5 years that can be taken apart or cut apart is open game for material.

Boy, if there's ever going to be some scraggly shit material to be used / done this year for personal project shit... Even the pallets shit comes on is going to be used somehow.

And every time I go to use something stupid I ask myself the question "Is this really that damn expensive to have to do this?" right before I go to do it full fledged wide open with no conscious...

And if it's not to be seen it can be absolutely anything that can be reused to serve the purpose. I'm eye balling anything that hasn't been used in the past 5 years that can be taken apart or cut apart is open game for material.

I've become the stingiest mother fucker with saving scrap materials and repurposing just about everything these days :laughing:

I've got some sticks of 1-1/2" square tubing I'll weld together to make 1-1/2"x3". Once its done, you'll never know.....:flipoff2:

But yeah, I'm snatching shit up that 3 years ago I wouldn't have paid any attention to.

Grandpa used to spend hours straightening nails. I'm not sure I'll come to that but if things continue....:laughing:

I've become the stingiest mother fucker with saving scrap materials and repurposing just about everything these days :laughing:
I’m glad my dad grew up during the depression. He in turn taught me to be frugal. I hardly ever haul pieces to scrap yards. I’ll eventually find a use for em.

I've got 6 sticks of 1.75" dom under a shed out back, "stored in humidity" surface rusted all to shit. Been thinking it would take half a day with a belt sander to fix- and a couple of belts, but would be worth bank $$$. :laughing:

(No, there's really no circumstance where I would ever get rid of steel)

I need to go ahead and get my 100lb propane tank filled this weekend. I'll probably shit at that price too.
Location? I've got plenty drops you can have.

Location? I've got plenty drops you can have.
Screenshot_20220714-192300_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Where you got them drops?

Top Back Refresh