What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

What you guys are forgetting is the blasting increase(diesel), loading crushing pileing(diesel), hauling it to the concrete plant(diesel), finally the mixer itself. When the fuel price increases all these costs to make the aggregate increase. They need to be passed along to the concrete price.

A mixer hauls like 20 ton of material, that material has about a gallon of diesel in each ton between everything I mentioned. So 22.5 gallon per load is just about right.

Fwiw concrete is by far the lowest profit margin construction material in the world. You think the concrete guys are making bank but they are not. Trust me I have ran the numbers many many times. Not enough money for me to get into it. You need to have 50-60 mixers to make it worth the work.
this makes more sense. but why call it delivery fee and not a price/yard increase? unless I guess they assume a full truck and maybe figured the math that way?

i'm still convinced Joe Concrete decided he liked $2.25 for every $0.10 and ran with it, without doing any math to make sure it made sense:flipoff2:

i tried thinking about it that way. not a single place I know in my area delivers 100 miles away (assuming 5mpg). So that doesn't make sense either:confused:
Wouldnt there be more fuep involved then just the delivery? Making it, moving it around, ect?

i tried thinking about it that way. not a single place I know in my area delivers 100 miles away (assuming 5mpg). So that doesn't make sense either:confused:

Well 50 miles, 100 round trip...but even then, the other fuel used in the process? More used on the trip to the gas station too? Shit adds up, but at least there's a formula behind what they did and it wasn't random numbers...even if those numbers don't suss out.

Wondering what is going to happen when this hits a wall. Restaurant owner was just here, and paid a bill for ground beef at $17 a pound.

This isn't sustainable.

Coworker just paid $6.49 for home heating oil. :laughing:
place I drive by on the way home gave up with their price sign. last I saw it was $5. now it just says CALL :laughing::shaking:
Wouldnt there be more fuep involved then just the delivery? Making it, moving it around, ect?
yep, Panzer made that good point. If I read it as a overall mfg surcharge it makes sense, but as a delivery fee not so much. Probably looking at it wrong

Wondering what is going to happen when this hits a wall. Restaurant owner was just here, and paid a bill for ground beef at $17 a pound.

This isn't sustainable.
Lol...nope, its not, for some.

For those that can afford $24,000 freezer full of $12 a pint ice cream, just a blip on the radar.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wait. Why did the fed change its position?

FDs4ABMWEAUuqZQ.jpg

Wait. Why did the fed change its position?
Because they were faced with overwhelming evidence that they had to.

Now they're going to try to thread the needle and engineer a soft landing by reaching neutral rates. Which, if you can translate from bullshit, means they're gonna plow this sucker into the ground. :smokin:

Because they were faced with overwhelming evidence that they had to.

Now they're going to try to thread the needle and engineer a soft landing by reaching neutral rates. Which, if you can translate from bullshit, means they're gonna plow this sucker into the ground. :smokin:
Hasn't that been the plan all along?

We are so fucked. Biden is gonna go down as the worst president in modern history. Diesel is at 5.20 in town. If fuel stays this high for any length of time we are gonna crater so fucking hard.
I was thinking about this the last few days.. Yes $5 diesel sucks ass but I remember in '07-08 when it went to $5 here as well. I was making 1/2 what I do now and my truck sat parked 98% of the time..

When you compare 2008 dollars to 2022 dollars isn't the '08 diesel more expensive?

But yeah the high fuel prices wrecked the economy then as well.

Which, if you can translate from bullshit, means they're gonna plow this sucker into the ground. :smokin:

Without a doubt. I was tiptoeing mid '20 - mid '21. Realized I was missing out on money and went balls deep around sept '21 and it paid off.

Now I'm starting to rethink my position and dont want to be caught holding the bag.

When you compare 2008 dollars to 2022 dollars isn't the '08 diesel more expensive?

But yeah the high fuel prices wrecked the economy then as well.

Everything else was still modest in price. Fuel is just twistng the knife in today's world.

Everything else was still modest in price. Fuel is just twistng the knife in today's world.
valid point

especially when diesel jumped $1+ in the last month but gas has stayed within $.25 here.. :flipoff:

Hasn't that been the plan all along?
They were fully in denial that they would have to do anything to stop inflation until 6 months ago. It's only been the last 4 months they've really started to admit it's a problem that won't just go away.

Before the they were worried about deflation. Which expanding their balance sheet and printing.

They're fucking incompetent, but no point worrying about it.

They were fully in denial that they would have to do anything to stop inflation until 6 months ago. It's only been the last 4 months they've really started to admit it's a problem that won't just go away.

Before the they were worried about deflation. Which expanding their balance sheet and printing.

They're fucking incompetent, but no point worrying about it.

"they" can stop inflation by stopping the printing press.
"they" cannot stop it through other legislative means.

Listening to the news readers explaining the fed increase is depressing. None of them have an inkling of what they are talking about. They keep telling people that prices will go back to normal once the fed increase solves the inflation problem. Huh? Just silliness.

Top Back Refresh