What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

I was thinking about this the last few days.. Yes $5 diesel sucks ass but I remember in '07-08 when it went to $5 here as well. I was making 1/2 what I do now and my truck sat parked 98% of the time..

When you compare 2008 dollars to 2022 dollars isn't the '08 diesel more expensive?

But yeah the high fuel prices wrecked the economy then as well.

I've been meaning to post this exact same thing.

$5 diesel is manipulated higher than it should be through artificial supply restrictions, cutting off drilling, permitting for new refineries, bullshit wars, cutting off pipelines, etc, but it is "cheap" compared to 2008 $5 diesel.

As for people talking about a crash, I think its more related to interest rate increases than rising fuel costs

2007 gas was $4gal, trucks were expensive and people were working like crazy. I could find a clean 4cyl car with a bad engine, fix it, and get $4500 in cash asap RFN, from some middle class family with a new truck and a new SUV, the commuter eased their monthly load, trucks were still sky high

2009 gas was still $4 and trucks were 40-50 cents on the dollar, the housing market crashed, fuel prices stayed the same. Those commuter cars crashed too, $4500 wasn't HELOC or cash advance or quarterly bonus or fat side job money anymore

Today's mortgage rates in Texas​

5.625%Rate
5.704%APR1

as of 05/04/2022

ah, numbers I had hoped to see nearly a decade ago!

I was thinking about this the last few days.. Yes $5 diesel sucks ass but I remember in '07-08 when it went to $5 here as well. I was making 1/2 what I do now and my truck sat parked 98% of the time..

When you compare 2008 dollars to 2022 dollars isn't the '08 diesel more expensive?

But yeah the high fuel prices wrecked the economy then as well.
$5 in 2008 = $6.68 in 2022

33.5% :lmao: :lmao: whooooo-weeeeee!!

interest.PNG

We have a way to go before some historical rates. But we didnt have the federal debt at that time. Raising rates to that level down will blow everything apart.

interest.PNG

We have a way to go before some historical rates. But we didnt have the federal debt at that time. Raising rates to that level down will blow everything apart.

fun website with charts and stuff for federal debt and revenues

fun website with charts and stuff for federal debt and revenues

Hmm. Still crediting Clinton for the "budget surplus" that he did everything possible he could do to derail it, then jumped up a crowed about it.

Depressing to explore: https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Hmm. Still crediting Clinton for the "budget surplus" that he did everything possible he could do to derail it, then jumped up a crowed about it.

Depressing to explore: https://www.usdebtclock.org/
yup yup, shifting burdens from one pot to another and massive destabilizing defense cutbacks sure had an impact on the shell game.

sad thing is, every debt increase since then plays by those same rules :laughing:

remember the good ol days of "oh noes, they must vote to raise the debt ceiling! Shitters full, just raise the roof and move to the second floor!" well, that was about 1/3 of the current debt :rasta:

yup yup, shifting burdens from one pot to another and massive destabilizing defense cutbacks sure had an impact on the shell game.

sad thing is, every debt increase since then plays by those same rules :laughing:

remember the good ol days of "oh noes, they must vote to raise the debt ceiling! Shitters full, just raise the roof and move to the second floor!" well, that was about 1/3 of the current debt :rasta:
Yeah and Obama got mad because the republicans voted against raising the debt ceiling , when he himself voted against raising it when he was a senator and a republican was president .
Party politics as usual but he got mad about it when he was president

FJB two years ago oil was trading close to negative $1 now Europe is going to rubes Legardless of sanctions

So, it looks like we are in the beginning stages of the burst or collapse or whatever you want to call it. The indicators I’m seeing are, homes for sale. Days to turn are going up, the cash offerings over listed price are going away. Homes are sitting on the market long enough that people are panic lowering list prices. Inventory is starting to go up for both trucks and homes. I can’t seem to find anything to read or listen to that isn’t click bait bull shit. What are you seeing?

Last edited:
So, it looks like we are in the beginning stages of the burst or collapse or whatever you want to call it. The indicators I’m seeing are, homes for sale. Days to turn are going up, the cash offerings over listed price are going away. Homes are sitting on the market long enough that people are panic lowering list prices. Inventory is starting to go up for both trucks and homes. I can’t seem to find anything to read or listen to that isn’t click bait bull shit. What are you seeing?

All indicators I've been watching since 2006or so, then add in how fast people jump on $400 Craigslist deals, cash in hand is different than credit card mall traffic

As for housing, we're still WFO here. Raleigh is ranked #1 in the nation for the housing market as of right now. Predicted 3 years before anything starts to slow. Our 3'rd straight record year as a 55 yo company and turning work away for first time ever. I couldn't have picked a better place for my profession. Article is a month old.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Housing is still wide open in my area. Housing is very location dependent though.

Its plateaued here, but still steady.

what's the difference between all of those?
they all say june 1 2022

ETA: is it the received date stamp slowly walking up the price increase?

The area/market and I guess the demand/COL in the area.

I still haven't seen any price decrease letters for shit that the cost has come down like lumber.:flipoff:. Same old shit goes up then not back down.

I thought i remember seeing more of those posted back some pages. How much has it gone up per yard from june 1 2019 to june 1 2022?

Off the top of my head here in the atlanta market about $55-60 per CY adding in all the bullshit fees. Was about $110-120 in 2019 with less bullshit fees.

Not taking into account 6/1 increases.

Off the top of my head here in the atlanta market about $55-60 per CY adding in all the bullshit fees. Was about $110-120 in 2019 with less bullshit fees.

Not taking into account 6/1 increases.
Lol not really bullshit just passing the costs on. Concrete is the lowest profit margin construction material in the country. @120 a yard the input costs was about $80-90 a yard to make it before trucking. This is between the powder and aggregates.

Everyone thinks concrete should be damn near free.

Lol not really bullshit just passing the costs on. Concrete is the lowest profit margin construction material in the country. @120 a yard the input costs was about $80-90 a yard to make it before trucking. This is between the powder and aggregates.

Portland cement is up to $16 per 94LB retail, I'm guessing $10-$12 bulk wholesale per 94LB. That's $50-$60 a yard just in cement cost, then add in sand and gravel :eek:.

Producing cement takes a log of energy to dry and cook mostly nat gas, so that's where most of the added cost is.

I call them bullshit because it makes it harder to figure the actual cost per yard depending on how its in the quoted, and how easily obtainable/recognizable it is in the actual quote. Just give me the flat cost with an escalation clause. Like from a particular day labor company I'm still getting ACA surcharges? come on..

I get everyone has to covers themselves. Another reason I hate this business more and more, it gets more and more miserable with each passing year

$1 says gov'ts make as much as the MFG's in fees, taxes, etc.

Top Back Refresh