What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

If you don't pay $7.50 for owning a dog, we lien your house. :flipoff2:
I’m sorry I would refuse to put a lein on a house for a dog license.

I laughed at our town yearly open books. According to the ledger we have like 7 dogs in the town that are licensed. That in a town of 800+ people :lmao:.

Even my bulldog is a god damn outlaw :lmao:

Last edited:
I’m sorry I would refuse to put a lein on a house for a dog license.

I laughed at our town yearly open books. According to the ledger we have like 7 dogs in the town that are licensed. That in a town of 800+ people :lmao:.
its in the tariff or whatever to do so. I think its only happened once or twice. Usually after a cop knocks on your door (queue I want my two dollars meme), they pay up.

Yep.

I just want slap the shit outta someone whenever they say "the government needs to... "

The only thing .gov needs to do is fuck off.
So what about corporations?

Corporations are a group of individuals. Government recognition and protections allow them to act as if it’s it’s own person or entity.

When we tell the government to fuck off, can we hold each person accountable for the choices made within the context of the business???

I haven’t fully thought this out yet, i'm just throwing it out there.

Last edited:
So what about corporations?

Corporations are a group of individuals, government recognition and protections allow them to act as if it’s it’s own person or entity?

When we tell the government to fuck off, can we hold each person accountable for the choices made within the context of the business???

I haven’t fully thought this out yet, im just throwing it out there.

Fun fact
Corporations were never intended to be used in the current capacity, they were supposed to be temporary to complete a project, building a dam, a bridge, a ship, etc

Fun fact
Corporations were never intended to be used in the current capacity, they were supposed to be temporary to complete a project, building a dam, a bridge, a ship, etc
I agree, but I think this country has morphed into some form of corporatism government, and THAT isn't understood, studied, educated, explored or discussed.

people seem to think corporatism is the same as capitalism, and I'm not sure that is totally correct but it is such a nuanced discussion that people don't seem to be capable of rational debate.

its in the tariff or whatever to do so. I think its only happened once or twice. Usually after a cop knocks on your door (queue I want my two dollars meme), they pay up.
So I trade that for constitutional carry? Even though my state is a liberal tax payers paradise we've got way less bullshit laws like these. :flipoff2:

Quality use of law enforcement officers for tax enforcement. Money well spent.
81c3c9e7-770c-46de-bc33-0f66478e7c2e_text.gif

Not blaming you. The town is tripping over dollars picking up dimes. How much per hour is spent employing a trained police officer to expend his (or her) time visiting residences to inquire about $7.50 pet fees. Government is so incredibly backward and wasteful.
oh you don't know the start of it. :laughing:

Speaking of bullshit fees...they didn’t even bother sending a letter, just tack more delivery fees on every month or so. We’re locked in on gas prices, the only thing they can change is fees I guess. That’s $141 in stupid fees tacked on. They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore, just add another line item with the same name, fuck em, what are they gonna do about it?
7D74B9CB-1C66-4BC7-B05F-5366B02EA4BC.jpeg

Speaking of bullshit fees...they didn’t even bother sending a letter, just tack more delivery fees on every month or so. We’re locked in on gas prices, the only thing they can change is fees I guess. That’s $141 in stupid fees tacked on. They aren’t even trying to hide it anymore, just add another line item with the same name, fuck em, what are they gonna do about it?
Driver availability charge $55 :confused: , that's a new one.

I wouldn't either. We pass-through shipping costs with zero markup. Unfortunately it's a take-it or leave-it kind of world these days.

I wouldn't either. We pass-through shipping costs with zero markup. Unfortunately it's a take-it or leave-it kind of world these days.
It's a clown world, is what it is. What good is a locked in contract when they can make up bullshit on the fly? We get the driver availability charge no matter the name on the truck or uniform. They send a lot of contract trucks. They also send their truck. It's just another passed through cost that's proven to be profitable, why not leave it off when it's not needed? You know why. I know why. That doesn't make it less bullshit.

We have the system on telemetry so it sends a notification to their dispatch when we're below 40%. In the past, I've let them dump tanks when we were higher than that, back when the delivery charge was $35. But now, if it's a tick over 40, I turn them around at the gate. We pay for the fucking telemetry too. I don't mind them dumping some gas, but don't charge us $140 to do it.

It's a clown world, is what it is. What good is a locked in contract when they can make up bullshit on the fly? We get the driver availability charge no matter the name on the truck or uniform. They send a lot of contract trucks. They also send their truck. It's just another passed through cost that's proven to be profitable, why not leave it off when it's not needed? You know why. I know why. That doesn't make it less bullshit.

We have the system on telemetry so it sends a notification to their dispatch when we're below 40%. In the past, I've let them dump tanks when we were higher than that, back when the delivery charge was $35. But now, if it's a tick over 40, I turn them around at the gate. We pay for the fucking telemetry too. I don't mind them dumping some gas, but don't charge us $140 to do it.

I'd tell that rep to send some KY with the next bill if he want's to fuck you that bad, but then again I'm kinda an asshole. :laughing:

I work for a manufacturer and we have various carrier contracts around the country with the primary ones being with XPO and UPS. Early on in the Scamdemic, UPS along with a bunch of other carriers sent out letters saying they were no longer guaranteeing delivery dates, sure you can pay for NDA, and maybe it will show up the next day, maybe not [shrug]. Then XPO had to shut down several of their terminals due to a Covid outbreak, clean the whole fucking facility, test the workers, etc., and some of them that got sent home never came back, so their yards started to fill up with 53'rs. "Where's my shit?" "Out there." (Warehouse dude points to yard full of trailers).

So we looked for other carriers and most said, "We're too fucking busy to take on new accounts", except Saia and they were very expensive compared to XPO, so not only did we raise our MSRP but also FFA level, then Saia started adding "Accessorial fees", for pipe over 8', knowing damn well that pipe comes in 10', 15' or 20' lengths. Guess who gets stuck with that BS, hint, it's not us.

I actually feel kinda bad for the trucking companies, it's not like they're fucking up on purpose. All of my contacts at both XPO and Saia are gone, I'm sure they got tired of getting yelled at.

When a supplier incurs a cost savings, does that get passed on to the customer?

How much concrete, steel, glass, electricity, etc. do you think this place will consume? You're looking at Fab1, and there will ultimately be 6. Price tag is up to $44b now, and I fully expect that number to go up.

If you don't pay $7.50 for owning a dog, we lien your house. :flipoff2:
And issue arrest warrants

The local
Cops near the Atlanta airport drive through all The hotel parking lots with the license plate scanners and
Few years back they got a hit on the owner of a car having a warrant .
The cops got the room
Number and arrested the woman for the outstanding warrant for an unpaid dog license .
The night before they were flying out to go
On a cruise .

Off the top of my head here in the atlanta market about $55-60 per CY adding in all the bullshit fees. Was about $110-120 in 2019 with less bullshit fees.

Not taking into account 6/1 increases.
Worse than the price is the three week waiting list

It was torrential rain the day the GC had scheduled to pour the walls for
My garage .

If you don’t use your concrete at your appointment time , you get bumped to the bottom of the list , and the list is currently 3 weeks long .
It’s like making a dentist appointment ,
You call and they tell
You when it’s going to be available .

When a supplier incurs a cost savings, does that get passed on to the customer?
Yes they drop their price to get more business. However in todays time where things are up and down quickly I wouldn’t count on it

Top Back Refresh