What's new

How hard is inflation going to hit, or has hit?

Who knows

The state is giving them $1.5 Billion taxpayer dollars

1.5 billion free fiat fun bucks.

As fuel to plant and harvest food, and move goods gets to $6 a gallon...

Solving problems we didn't know existed?
Making friends rich?
Saving polar bears.

I was noticing a good 95% of the gas stations around here are not set up for double dollar digit fuel prices.

Will be an amusing conundrum to witness when we get there, I'm sure. :laughing:
the ones I see look like they could replace the dollar sign with a one

I was noticing a good 95% of the gas stations around here are not set up for double dollar digit fuel prices.

It’s easier to just make it say 10.3 and do 10 cent increases at that point.

226243cf63c1c02ef2799ea79334067cadc16543&rid=giphy.gif

Remember when they weren’t setup to handle anything other than a “1”? Big scramble.

Just put $97 of 87 in the work truck, Jacksonville FL...shit is insane

How is this for a perspective. While Maverik is making a killing $ wise, come in and slave away for $13/hr.

Each day one shows up for work they lose money, what with costs of everything else. Lets go team Brandon…

Attachments

• A476970B-05BA-4001-AB10-2C7BE763C0CB.jpeg
    A476970B-05BA-4001-AB10-2C7BE763C0CB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
How is this for a perspective. While Maverik is making a killing $ wise, come in and slave away for $13/hr.

Each day one shows up for work they lose money, what with costs of everything else. Lets go team Brandon…

It's so hard to find employees... when you have 'tards running the show.

Old golf station back in York Pennsylvania had that problem in 08 they started selling it by the half gallon until they got new pumps.

I went to a Hannafords about a part time job. Something for payroll or administration. Not bagging groceries. "behind the scenes" position. $12 an hour. I explained to them I have two degrees and ~15 years in a public office, not some high school kid. $12 an hour to start. But you get double points on our reward program. :shaking:

I went to a Hannafords about a part time job. Something for payroll or administration. Not bagging groceries. "behind the scenes" position. $12 an hour. I explained to them I have two degrees and ~15 years in a public office, not some high school kid. $12 an hour to start. But you get double points on our reward program. :shaking:
To be fair. If the position they are filling is an entry level spot, it doesnt matter how many PhDs you have, it pays entry level. If you really have a slew of creds and can hold a job, why would you want an entry level position?

fuzzy math for ya, while inflation is supposed to be around 8%, construction inflation costs on a large project we are working on were 20% from last year. :rasta::jester:

how do you figure they are making a killing? Secrets pipe line of free gas? I mean I'm sure they are making a profit company wise.

To be fair. If the position they are filling is an entry level spot, it doesnt matter how many PhDs you have, it pays entry level. If you really have a slew of creds and can hold a job, why would you want an entry level position?
Naw, there were a bunch of positions for payroll, ordering, etc. not entry level. $12/hr. across the board.

Naw, there were a bunch of positions for payroll, ordering, etc. not entry level. $12/hr. across the board.

That is the choice of the company, to be stupid. When no one applies, or they only get crap applicants, they will either raise the rate or continue to work staff harder. Free market is an amazing thing.

how do you figure they are making a killing? Secrets pipe line of free gas? I mean I'm sure they are making a profit company wise.
There's a common misconception that the gasoline retailers make more with higher prices. They generally don't. Retailing gasoline is an operation of very thin margins, as there is huge competition and very limited brand loyalty. The retailer either survives by selling massive quantities with as few staff as possible (card locks and commercial sales), or by encouraging other sales (chips, drinks, tobacco, etc) from an associated convenience store (your typical gas station).

I have access to rack pricing here, and when comparing it to tax adjusted retail pricing, the typical gas station is only marking up between $0.02 and $0.10 a liter, which expressed as a percentage is 1-5% markup. Absolute shit margins given the amount of infrastructure they need to retail.

fuzzy math for ya, while inflation is supposed to be around 8%, construction inflation costs on a large project we are working on were 20% from last year. :rasta::jester:
And probably 50% from the year before.

Neighbor was building a house in '20, normal single story 2200ft. heated. Got locked in on the builder package, had he been a week later it would have gone up $20k.

That is the choice of the company, to be stupid. When no one applies, or they only get crap applicants, they will either raise the rate or continue to work staff harder. Free market is an amazing thing.
Oh, I know. But I was trying to figure out if they were seriously trying to hire someone at $12 an hour and expect serious results.

Oh, I know. But I was trying to figure out if they were seriously trying to hire someone at $12 an hour and expect serious results.
They wouldn't have been middle eastern by chance would they?

I was running the gas side for my moms store after she had a stroke years ago. I was pricing things 8-15 cents over rack, and that is partly because it was located in a place of convenience for summer vacationers. During the summer it was probably going through 20k gallons of gas a month. Not a lot of profit. State was mandating double lined tanks and other upgrade in the next couple years to the tune of 180k. She dumped the place shortly after getting quotes.

Top Back Refresh