What's new

Harbor Freight Fixture Table

He's got ~$850 in just the 5 HF tables.

For about the same you can get a 1/4" 24x48" Fab Block Ceriflat. I'm sure shipping sucks, but they want too much info for me to get a quote.

Closer apples to apples is the 3/16" 24x48" table top for only $345.

I'm no pro, but if you're going to put together a fab table to weld, why not weld together a fab table that's at least on paper objectively better for less to the same price. I've owned plenty of HF tools and tossed plenty of them, you'll have a hard time convincing me that the clamps included with the HF table adds much value.

I'm not picking on you or HF, I read what I wrote and it comes across harsher than I intended. I'm glad HF is doing this, hopefully competition drives the price of Certiflat and Fireball down some.

Not hating on the value. I also appreciate that HF has local stores, luckily not that local for me.

That being said, I don't think this is any different than the Klutch one that Northern Tool has been selling for years.

Now on Amazon for $170, like the HF one.

I have the Klutch and the HF one looks identical. For the money, it's hard to beat if you want something that size. It's small for most projects I'd assume people here are building but I've found it useful for smaller stuff and. I got it back when it was sold for $160 regular price and you could get it for ~$125 with a coupon.

The clamps and fixtures that come with it would cost almost $100 separately so it really is a decent deal, especially if you can catch it on sale.

The Amazon one already jumped to $200....they must have seen the extra traffic from your link. :laughing:

He's got ~$850 in just the 5 HF tables.

I totally agree that building the big table makes less (or no) sense, but I could see starting with one table and adding a second one - like he talks about with being able to connect them or separate them for storage. You're not going to be building a full chassis on it - and linking enough to do so would only compound the accuracy. However, the 3/16" ProTop you link is already about twice the price and another $200 for the legs and then there's shipping, so you're approaching 3x the price. I could get two of these for that cost and it would be good enough for sliders and bumpers and such.

As you say, it isn't the same quality, but I could see it being a starting point or something for someone who doesn't do enough to justify the coin on something more.

That being said, I don't think this is any different than the Klutch one that Northern Tool has been selling for years.

This is a better comparison. I remember seeing the Klutch one online, but I don't have a Northern local to me and would prefer to see it in person instead of just having it mailed to me. I trust what this guy is saying, but would still want to lay hands on it before putting my money down. Also, I think the last I had looked (admittedly, many years ago) Northern was still charging shipping. As such I never really considered Northern being an option for me.

The clamps and fixtures that come with it would cost almost $100 separately so it really is a decent deal, especially if you can catch it on sale.

That's what I'm thinking. It would be a starting point. Add a second one and upgrade stuff over time. The other week they had a ITC sale with a 20% coupon for any single welder or plasma product. I'm not sure if this would qualify? Then they had 10% off anything over $50 this past weekend. Titanium is a brand I don't remember them excluding, although they do typically exclude welders (the other week I saw a guy buy a plasma with a discount and he was remarking that the exclusion was for welders and didn't say anything about plasma - they had no issue giving it to him). They're already having coupons for the Gen3 72" boxes, so I could see this having a lower price in the near future.

I have a 4x8 table that is general purpose, but I do think something like this would be handy for some fitups. Making it hang off the side of the table or even just sitting on my big table would be handy at times. Seems the price is reasonable, especially if you grab on a coupon.

Interestingly, despite the video saying "officially launched" this has been about the only thing I've been able to find on it. HF's "new tools" doesn't mention it: New Tools - Harbor Freight Tools

And there is a reddit post on it, but the poster seems to have deleted their posts:

He has some more video on his Instagram:

HF's marketing is getting good about sending shit out to the "influencers" early and building hype of new product launches. Look at the offroad jack....they were sold out before the hit the shelve when the first launched. Took a good 6 months before you could actually just walk in a store and find them. My local store now has a pallet of them on display. :laughing:

Only skipped through the video. Did they say how much they're going to cost at HF?

They really are too thin to use for heavy work so linking them together like that is just asking for problems. Only 4mm thick....so between 1/8" and 3/16".

Not sure if anyone's offering anything like it yet, but seems like a good market would be making just the top in a reasonable thickness (minimum 3/8" maybe?) and letting the end user build their own table for as many as you need.

That is a lot too thin for a fab table, even laminating 2 tops is too thin for my liking.

You could use it for light fab as mentioned but you could also use a heavy table for light fab so maybe just spend the money once and build your own?

I would consider buying it for a satellite grinding table or something if it didn’t have all the holes that make an already weak table top even weaker. I would only consider that as an option now that I have a decent size shop.

Only skipped through the video. Did they say how much they're going to cost at HF?

As the splash screen says, $169.99, but he mentioned < $200 so that might not be a final price?

You could use it for light fab as mentioned but you could also use a heavy table for light fab so maybe just spend the money once and build your own? I would consider buying it for a satellite grinding table or something if it didn’t have all the holes that make an already weak table top even weaker.

With the size and the included clamps, I see this primarily for tube work. As he says, you're not going to throw and axle or transmission up there. As I said, I could see it for fixturing something like sliders, bumpers, or other accessory tube work. And not having the holes sort of defeats the purpose of the clamps and other hardware. I could put together a cheaper grinding table.

And I'm not trying to be a Harbor Freight fanboi... I buy from Harbor Freight along with the tool trucks, Amazon, Trick Tools, MSC, wherever...

To me, the advantages of Harbor Freight are being local - both for returns as well as to "put hands on" something versus dealing with online issues - and not paying an arm and a leg for something that I might not be using constantly. Sure, if you're fixturing stuff day in and day out I'd be looking for something more than this.

I just feel that for what it is and for the price this could be of benefit to people as an entry point. I could see myself using it to jig up tube work better than some of the other options that I currently have. Sure, I'd love a Siegmund large enough to do a chassis on - but I have neither the space nor the money for that - nor would it get the use to warrant the price and space.

HF's marketing is getting good about sending shit out to the "influencers" early and building hype of new product launches. Look at the offroad jack....they were sold out before the hit the shelve when the first launched. Took a good 6 months before you could actually just walk in a store and find them. My local store now has a pallet of them on display. :laughing:
I agree on the influencer thing, but HF typically introduces something before it shows up elsewhere. The offroad jack was introduced at SEMA last fall. Influencers started getting them before they were in stores, but closer to the time they actually went on sale. Same with the Gen3 stuff. It was introduced at SEMA and then I started seeing it on YouTube and elsewhere about a month before it showed up for sale.

They look cool BUT with it only being 3/16" thick you can't use the standard 5/8" clamps that just slip in and bind. HF gives lots of products to YouTube people specifically to advertise for them and allow them to post it on their website to show people how good they are.

I would love to have a fixture table but I will wait for a thcker CAST and ground table so I can clamp stuff to it to prevent any warping.

They look cool BUT with it only being 3/16" thick you can't use the standard 5/8" clamps that just slip in and bind. HF gives lots of products to YouTube people specifically to advertise for them and allow them to post it on their website to show people how good they are.

I would love to have a fixture table but I will wait for a thcker CAST and ground table so I can clamp stuff to it to prevent any warping.
I have a weld it yourself 3/16 table. It's not ideal but I clamp stuff on it just fine. The clamp just gets canted.

Again, not ideal but for the amount of stuff I use it for, it's fine.

I was searching for "fixture table" on HF site and couldn't find it earlier....turns out it's a "welding table" :homer:

$170 regular price so you'll be able to get it for $150 or better (minimum 10% coupon when they do the "everything's on sale" sale). They branded it under Titanium so you can't use the "never expires" 20% Vulcan coupon. So cheaper than you can get it from Northern, even on sale.

1695775016357.png

But, HF is up to their old fuckery and I won't be surprised if they get sued again. Notice the "compare to Klutch" $ $249? Unless Northern just preemptively dropped their price because of HF coming out with the same item cheaper, their nomal price is $200.

1695775287521.png

Interesting. I started by searching "welding table" and only got the Chicago Electric "adjustable" table. Then I tried "fixture table" with no luck. I had even gone through the "Shop All Brands" to Titanium and it wasn't there - but that calls up anything with titanium in the description, like the drill bits. Now it is there: Harbor Freight Tools – Quality Tools at Discount Prices Since 1977

And their "New Tools" doesn't even have Titanium in the filters: New Tools - Harbor Freight Tools

Doing a Google on the Klutch does turn up one for $249.99. That's all they need...

Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 9.53.23 PM.png

This is a much sturdier option but a lot more money.

This is a much sturdier option but a lot more money.

Obviously...

Lots of options for a lot more money. I still say that for bang for the buck the HF option isn't bad.

Had the link open for the HF table last night but now it is a dead link. They showed a few as in stock in my general area but not at the 3 stores closest to me of course

Where tf was this 6 months ago? I bought a HF roll around cart and flipped the top to use it as a welding cart, my welder rides on the bottom, and I hung the bottle off the side.

I'll likely grab one of these and set it up as a welding cart. Big projects get done on the floor, but I'm always welding little bullshit and wanted a small tabletop for that. This will be perfect for my needs

Had the link open for the HF table last night but now it is a dead link. They showed a few as in stock in my general area but not at the 3 stores closest to me of course

Yep. Still shows up in my recently viewed items on HF but it's a dead link. Guessing they didn't mean to launch it this early.

1695825605500.png

Just saw this one too on a cart so it's mobile.

Not hating on the value. I also appreciate that HF has local stores, luckily not that local for me.

Now on Amazon for $170, like the HF one.

Says currently unavailable

That website shit for anyone else?

Takes minutes to load and even then a bunch of stuff just errors out.

For a while I figured the velor junk.was some sort of scam and they were stealing credit card info i something

That is a lot too thin for a fab table, even laminating 2 tops is too thin for my liking.

You could use it for light fab as mentioned but you could also use a heavy table for light fab so maybe just spend the money once and build your own?

I would consider buying it for a satellite grinding table or something if it didn’t have all the holes that make an already weak table top even weaker. I would only consider that as an option now that I have a decent size shop.
I got rid of mine, but was a 4x10ft 1" thick on an i beam and drill stem frame. Weighed probably 4000lbs.

Interesting. It needs a false table 6-8" under the fixture table so you can store a welder or two on the bottom without covering it with splatter and slag when you weld.

Looks like they have a version of the HF/Northern one too: VEVOR Welding Table, 36" x 24" Adjustable Workbench, 0.12" Thick Industrial Workbench, 600lb Load Capacity Metal Workbench, Heavy Duty Carbon Steel Welding Table, Gray Steel Work Table w/ Accessories | VEVOR US

L712V0%2Fgoods_img_big-v5%2Fwelding-table-m100-1.2.jpg

Funny that the clamps and "fixtures" that come with it don't actually make use of the holes in the table. :homer:

Also, nowhere does it say anything about the thickness of the top on either this one or the mobile one - unless I'm missing it.

Top Back Refresh