What's new

Harbor Freight Fixture Table

Looks like they have a version of the HF/Northern one too: VEVOR Welding Table, 36" x 24" Adjustable Workbench, 0.12" Thick Industrial Workbench, 600lb Load Capacity Metal Workbench, Heavy Duty Carbon Steel Welding Table, Gray Steel Work Table w/ Accessories | VEVOR US

L712V0%2Fgoods_img_big-v5%2Fwelding-table-m100-1.2.jpg

Funny that the clamps and "fixtures" that come with it don't actually make use of the holes in the table. :homer:

Also, nowhere does it say anything about the thickness of the top on either this one or the mobile one - unless I'm missing it.

Says .12" thick right in the title on the table. :homer: I'd be the cart is the same....probably us the same exact piece for the top.

I think the HF/Klutch is a better deal. The accessories that come with the Vevor one look like shit. Not even sure what those plate pieces are supposed to be. They don't actually show them in use in any of the pictures. The clamps and fixtures that come with the HF are pretty much knock-offs of the Strong Hands ones.

1696124685863.png

As I said, I could see it for fixturing something like sliders, bumpers

Go ahead and weld out some .250” wall sliders and let me know how straight your table & weldment is after. Also for something like sliders you’re either linking tables or hanging half the thing off the table which defeats the purpose of a “fixture” table. This thing has virtually no under structure reinforcement and the fact that the flea dick Chinese machine screws that mount the frame to the top throws it out of flat is a testament to the rigidity and build quality.

I could put together a cheaper grinding table.

Anybody could, the point was that the only use I could see for this in my shop is a grinding table I could easily move around.

It's a table. Stuck casters on it to be mobile. The factory leveling legs are metric just fyi.

Checked the thickness in a few spots and it is pretty even. I'll find a straight edge later and throw it on there.

PXL_20231001_134127702.jpg

PXL_20231001_134247886.jpg

Go ahead and weld out some .250” wall sliders and let me know how straight your table & weldment is after. Also for something like sliders you’re either linking tables or hanging half the thing off the table which defeats the purpose of a “fixture” table. This thing has virtually no under structure reinforcement and the fact that the flea dick Chinese machine screws that mount the frame to the top throws it out of flat is a testament to the rigidity and build quality.
So, how straight are they going to be if you weld them up on your garage floor, driveway, or the bed of your truck?

Also, fun fact, some people make small parts and don't need a 10' table that weighs a ton. Or have the room for such a thing.

A 2x3 table is perfect for most of my little dinky projects. I'm not building frames or bumpers, just little brackets here and there.

It's a table. Stuck casters on it to be mobile. The factory leveling legs are metric just fyi.

Checked the thickness in a few spots and it is pretty even. I'll find a straight edge later and throw it on there.

PXL_20231001_134247886.jpg

Another fun fact is that you can buy it for less than the price of those mitutoyo calipers.

If you're welding up pre-fab gas pipes with half a dozen indexed bends that need to be dead nuts on or shit won't fit where it's going yeah get something else but for sliders and general automotive fab shit the HF table will be fine. You're not gonna warp it because you're not actually heating it that much. Being thin and flexy will cause problems with clamping and overhanging work long before it causes problems from welding.

It looks like it's finally "official" - it shows up in the "new tools" page and also on its own page: 36 in. x 24 in. Modular Welding Table with Welding Fit-Up Kit

Curiously, the picture with the welder on the table, which then changed to the welder being greyed out, has now totally disappeared. There are pictures with the welder in the background, but none with it sitting on the table.

Seems be working fine for me so far. I've only done a little bit of tig welding on it but for the umpteenth time, it's great for those little projects.

Casters were a win and I will probably put a second shelf underneath to collect shit on :flipoff2:

Attachments

• PXL_20231001_210302853.jpg
    PXL_20231001_210302853.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20231006_001836731.jpg
    PXL_20231006_001836731.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
Pal, I spent the last 10 years welding small projects on the plastic top of a 3' step ladder, jigged with hose clamps and vice grips. Not everyone needs a 6x10 frame table :flipoff2:
Austin
Can we get a Arts and Crafts Sub Forum for this guy?
:laughing:

Austin
Can we get a Arts and Crafts Sub Forum for this guy?
:laughing:
:shaking:

Big stuff gets welded either on the equipment itself, or I've used a tractor bucket to jig shit.

Occasional small stuff like welding tabs onto nuts or making nut plates or countless other small stupid shit, no I don't need a big elaborate table for. I would dual purpose this table top with a cart for my mig welder, so no extra space is taken up.

Just got email and it's on there site now. Also it's titanium bread so they aren't always excluded from coupons or they have specific coupons for titanium products.

This hasn't been available for awhile - at least around me. I was kind of hoping to use one of the Christmas Sale coupons to get a few bucks off of one. I also see that they raised the price from $169.99 to $179.99.

Around here there was a limited supply before the middle of December. As soon as the stores would get a few, they'd sell out. The local stores do have display models. Since the middle of December the website has said not available online and checking nearby stores hasn't turned up any results. Just in the past few days it has changed to "back in stock soon" when I look at the local stores.

You should be able to preorder at the store and that'll at least guarantee you one when they do come in.

Northern still has the identical Klutch one for $200 now. Not sure if they're still sending out the $20 off $100 coupons, but you could potentially get it for the same price as HF with one of those.

I think it was $140 when I bought it about 3 years ago. :shaking:

Or VEVOR for $150, but it doesn't come with all the fixtures and shit

I think it would be perfect to use to layout a hole grid on a existing table...

Keep the liittle guy as a wing or some folding small table.

I had a similar thought. I'm currently building a woodworking bench, this would be a nice template for bench dog holes, then use as a welding table after for my little shit I do

other thought was you could screw this down onto a cheap wood countertop/ 2 layers of 3/4" ply / etc, use a spade bit to drill the holes thru, and have a lot more strength. At least with the shit I do, I'd never get it hot enough to set the wood on fire

I had a similar thought. I'm currently building a woodworking bench, this would be a nice template for bench dog holes, then use as a welding table after for my little shit I do

other thought was you could screw this down onto a cheap wood countertop/ 2 layers of 3/4" ply / etc, use a spade bit to drill the holes thru, and have a lot more strength. At least with the shit I do, I'd never get it hot enough to set the wood on fire
It's a lot cheaper than the fireball tool guide and I bet it's cheaper than having it cut locally and then it would not be ground.

If you made some indexing pins you should be able to expand the pattern as needed. Not sure how accurate it would stay but it would be good for clamping still.

It's a lot cheaper than the fireball tool guide and I bet it's cheaper than having it cut locally and then it would not be ground.

If you made some indexing pins you should be able to expand the pattern as needed. Not sure how accurate it would stay but it would be good for clamping still.
yep, that was my thought after seeing the FB tool template, then this one

not that it's all that critical on a woodworking bench. but it'd be another use for it for sure.

yep, that was my thought after seeing the FB tool template, then this one

not that it's all that critical on a woodworking bench. but it'd be another use for it for sure.
Have you seen the kit to layout the holes for the "parf" system.
If you aren't super worried about a precision grid I think this would be easy enough to make on your own with a drill press, tape measure.

I've done something similar with a sheet of peg board and a centering punch that was the correct diameter. i think peg-board holes are on 1" centers and fairly accurate.

Top Back Refresh