What's new

Welding fixture table

Duc

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
ABQ NM
Might be time to buy a fixture table for welding. Space is a little limited in my garage due to cnc machines so it will need to serve double duty as a computer desk and under table storage for drill index and gauge pins. Not sure if Im missing anyone that builds them. Hopefully I can make it to fabtech this year but unsure yet.

I like the idea of a table with holes down the side so I can build or buy extensions to increase surface area. Limited to around a 30in x 60in table size

Fireball table. Table is in stock by legs are sold out for now
~$5,250
Fireball table assembly
or just the table top for
~$4,800
Cast Iron Table Tops

1665418382284.png

Arcflat modular fixture table from Langmuir Systems
Seems alot thinner but not sure
~$800 but would need two tables
1665418713290.png

Baileigh
To big of a table for my garage
~$9,709 Does is come with a woman I can bend over the table also for that price.
Welding Jig Table | Industrial Welding Table | Baileigh Industrial
1665419094185.png

Siegmund table
System 16 36"x48"
1665419974037.png

or System 32 but to big for my area.

Buildpro welding tables
$5,400 for alpha 5/8
Alpha 5/8
1665420464674.png

I just built a 4'x12' 'table' to hold fixtures that hold tacked assemblies....to be welded
(if you are still tracking)

I don't know what rocket science things you are making that requires a tolerance that is >< close
I just used plate and made a hole pattern that worked for me

mag drill, and turn up the music

We have a Texas Metal Works fixture table, 50"x100"x41". Very happy with it and its actually flat!

20211213_120414.jpg

We tried one of the little Langmuir tables. Great quality and flat. Just not enough room to work and its short.

If you call some of the sellers, ask how flat their tables are(n't).

Last edited:
We have a Texas Metal Works fixture table, 50"x100"x41". Very happy with it and its actually flat!

20211213_120414.jpg

We tried one of the little Langmuir tables. Great quality and flat. Just not enough room to work and its short.
that is not actually how to make a table top jump

For the bling table fireball seems like top shit.
You never want to be first to the market with something because it's easy to improve on your product.

The laser style plate tables would be nice probably not super flat and aggressive clamping could easily un flatten or bend it.
Much better than nothing and cheaper than the cast tables.

I will gleefully watch you spend your money. :laughing:

If I needed something that big and that flat I would try the fireball table. I think the large fixture hole size along keeping the 2" grid is sweet but you are locking yourself in as far as tooling goes.

A lot of good info in this video

What is best for you depends on your use case. How will you be using it? What tolerances do you need? How often are you doing production/multiple parts? How big and heavy?

I have used BlueCo, Siegmund, Certflat and homemade. They all have there place.
We just got 6 new 4x8 Siegmund system 28 tables at work with a bunch of tooling kits. So nice! Fireball is super innovative, love his stuff. At home, I have one I made myself. Just a copy of the Certiflat with 3/8 top, 1/4 ribbing underneath and 5/8 holes. The 3/8 is NOT thick enough to really clamp down on stuff or pull it into position, but it's great for holding in place to weld.

The finish/quality of the Siegmund will blow the other ones out of the water, IMO. We have the System 28 imperial. Also their accessories are awesome. It's tool steel and not cast iron.

I hear BlueCo is better...I've never seen one in person but I've also heard they are double the price of Siegmund. Not sure how true that is.

Another option:

This is probably not too risky :eek: , but also not for everyone. I had them quote me one back in 2018 and they were responsive and my quote included shipping/duties. I met a guy who had a couple he ordered from a US show. I found them on instagram a long time ago.

The table was a game changer for my shop. I can't really express how much better/faster it makes fabbing stuff.

I just built a 4'x12' 'table' to hold fixtures that hold tacked assemblies....to be welded
(if you are still tracking)

I don't know what rocket science things you are making that requires a tolerance that is >< close
I just used plate and made a hole pattern that worked for me

mag drill, and turn up the music

More of a invest into tooling. This would last me into retirement aka 20+ years. Buy once, cry once

If you call some of the sellers, ask how flat their tables are(n't).

Table top is too thin. Needs to be at least 3/4 or 1 inch.

I will gleefully watch you spend your money. :laughing:

If I needed something that big and that flat I would try the fireball table. I think the large fixture hole size along keeping the 2" grid is sweet but you are locking yourself in as far as tooling goes.

Glad someone is willing to help with that. Wife is on board with the purchase soo.....

A lot of good info in this video

What is best for you depends on your use case. How will you be using it? What tolerances do you need? How often are you doing production/multiple parts? How big and heavy?

I have used BlueCo, Siegmund, Certflat and homemade. They all have there place.
We just got 6 new 4x8 Siegmund system 28 tables at work with a bunch of tooling kits. So nice! Fireball is super innovative, love his stuff. At home, I have one I made myself. Just a copy of the Certiflat with 3/8 top, 1/4 ribbing underneath and 5/8 holes. The 3/8 is NOT thick enough to really clamp down on stuff or pull it into position, but it's great for holding in place to weld.

Why cant the Fireball 28mm table be released yet? The Siegmund in 28mm is a little painful but my buddy loves his table. They accidently sent the 28mm instead of 16mm but he still had to pay for the difference. Might need to buy the FA75 table since 30x60 fits perfect into the area. Would be tempted to put electric trailer jack legs on the sucker to adjust the height up and down for different setups.

Off to send Fireball a email about the new table since its probably coming out during Fabtech.

No holes in the sides like you're after but in a 750sf shop/garage I really like my rhino cart for the portability and storage space. We've ended up with several at work in the fab shop since they're easy to wheel around the shop to different jobs.

No holes in the sides like you're after but in a 750sf shop/garage I really like my rhino cart for the portability and storage space. We've ended up with several at work in the fab shop since they're easy to wheel around the shop to different jobs.
Thought about that. I'm going to build storage under any of the systems I purchase. Need a place to stash the hout drill cabinet and gage pin set.

Right now fireball is out of all the fixtures for the 3/4in system. I could machine them but is it worth the effort versus waiting for them to be in stock. Maybe use the cnc lathe to make the quick release pins and such.

Fireball did respond to the email about the 28mm system with no ETA on release date.

Has any found fixtures for 3/4 hole tables?

Thought about that. I'm going to build storage under any of the systems I purchase. Need a place to stash the hout drill cabinet and gage pin set.

Right now fireball is out of all the fixtures for the 3/4in system. I could machine them but is it worth the effort versus waiting for them to be in stock. Maybe use the cnc lathe to make the quick release pins and such.

Fireball did respond to the email about the 28mm system with no ETA on release date.

Has any found fixtures for 3/4 hole tables?

Duc, you have a Fadal don't you?

For the guys in our shop, I built a bunch of fixture welding tables using 1" x 6" hot rolled flatbar, that I machined and drilled on our Fadal 4020 using an carbide insert 5/8" drill. Used all of the 40" of travel to get a 42" wide table slat drilled on a 2" grid pattern, then spaced the slats 2" apart so the pattern lined up. Counter bored mounting holes to bolt it to a rectangle tube steel frame the guys in the shop built. The spacing between slats allows for conventual clamps to also be used all over the table. Replaceable slats when needed or removable for odd shaped work. Used same slats on each end to bolt multiple tables together, and I have a small pallet of extra slats for making fancier fixture add on's.

Not as fancy as a big ground table but much cheaper, and IMO with some care fabricating the table or some addon of adjuster bolts for the slats just as accurate.

Guys have some sacrificial aluminum plates they drop on top for production mig welding and grinding work to keep the table clean.

That

For the guys in our shop, I built a bunch of fixture welding tables using 1" x 6" hot rolled flatbar, that I machined and drilled on our Fadal 4020 using an carbide insert 5/8" drill. Used all of the 40" of travel to get a 42" wide table slat drilled on a 2" grid pattern, then spaced the slats 2" apart so the pattern lined up. Counter bored mounting holes to bolt it to a rectangle tube steel frame the guys in the shop built. The spacing between slats allows for conventual clamps to also be used all over the table. Replaceable slats when needed or removable for odd shaped work. Used same slats on each end to bolt multiple tables together, and I have a small pallet of extra slats for making fancier fixture add on's.

Not as fancy as a big ground table but much cheaper, and IMO with some care fabricating the table or some addon of adjuster bolts for the slats just as accurate.

Guys have some sacrificial aluminum plates they drop on top for production mig welding and grinding work to keep the table clean.
Fireball has a similar table with a bunch of those cast fixture plates upside down.

Alignment would suck of all those bars but that might be desirable long term as you really couldn't trash it beyond repair.

That

Fireball has a similar table with a bunch of those cast fixture plates upside down.

Alignment would suck of all those bars but that might be desirable long term as you really couldn't trash it beyond repair.

We actually used some of the extra slats to bolt across the other slats to line it all up using the same 5/8' bolts we were using for fixturing. pattern worked out perfect.

I will try and dig up some photos. I work remotely now, so can't just walk into the shop for some photo's.

Here is a pic of one of the finished tables. I drilled and tapped stand offs for the slats that where welded to the tube frame. Height adjustable legs.

Shelves and clamp storage spots where added after these pics were taken.

Attachments

• IMG_3964.jpg
    IMG_3964.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
I don't think I ever saw this video but the piano wire continuity tester grid is pretty fucking brilliant I think.

Here is a pic of one of the finished tables. I drilled and tapped stand offs for the slats that where welded to the tube frame. Height adjustable legs.

:grinpimp::beer:

nice

Yep I own a fadal 4020. Thought really had crossed my mind for building the table myself. I should see how much the metal cost since prices are thru the roof. My floor is not level enough for welding up the frame without having it out by 1/16 at the minimum.

That table looks pretty good. Wish still lived in AL since I had a place I could have sent the frame structure for stress relieve and blanchard grinding for cheap. Bought a 24in x 48in x 1in stress relieved and blanchard plate from the place for a fixture plate for my fadal.

I did a thing today. Fucking painful but should be amazing and last for 20 years. My wife actually encourage the purchase instead of building the table to avoid me paying way more than the 4k for the table. Projects seem to get out of hand with me. My fadal is a example of that. Future tooling will be made on the mill instead of purchased.
1666910974151.png

1666911002832.png

I went with the series 22 table in metric since it comes out to 59in x 39in x .75in. The tooling bolts land inbetween the series 28 and series 16 size. roughly ~.86in in Diameter. The marking on the table would help if I was in the production environment but I can read a tape measure when needed. Extension will length the table by 31inches in any direction. The series 16 table was only 1/2 thick and my wife questioned if it would hold up to my abuse.

Last edited:
Still waiting for the dam table to ship. Turns out they were out of the prisms for screw clamps so they held the order while they air freight the pieces from Germany.

so hold up a $9,400 dollar order for $130 dollars. makes alot of since to me :confused:

Some experimenting with the lathe and mill to make some additional bolts for much cheaper than Siegmund. Th lathe still gives me a little bit of pucker factor since I have very little experience with a CNC lathe. Wish I had a tool changer on the lathe to reduce tool changes.

Designed a few changes into the bolt for part availability.
1. switched to 1/2-13 set screw at the end
2. 3/8-16 threads adjustment knob

1668307781838.png

Tomorrow I will post some more pictures of the setups. Using AL till I recieve in 1144 stress proof material from Mcmaster.

Lathe adjusted.jpg

The tapped holes and ball bearing holes were done on the mill due to tool changer and rotary axis.
Bolt.jpg

Made a few test bolts out of 1144 stress proof/ Stress relieved solid rods. Purchased 5 - 36in long rods for $35 each. Should be about to make 72 of the short bolts or less depending on how many different style bolts I machine down.

I did make a small mistake on the VPS programming. Wasnt sure if data points were in radius or diameter at first. I'll let you guess what it was.
Opps.jpg

All drill and tapping was done in the mill since I have a tool changer on there. Yes Im that lazy
Mill fixture.jpg

Using the rotary fixture to circular mill the ball bearing holes. I have a new 5c step collet on the way to change the setup.
Pocket milling.jpg

Smacking the ball bearing holes with a transfer punch to lock the balls in
Dimples.jpg

95% finished.
Test bolt.jpg

Tables is suppose to arrive Tuesday so Im holding off making to many bolts till I can test fit them.

So, 3 holes with ball bearings, a bolt to lock them out and I assume a tapered slug that the bolt pushes down? Neat setup.

Aaron Z

So, 3 holes with ball bearings, a bolt to lock them out and I assume a tapered slug that the bolt pushes down? Neat setup.

Aaron Z
Uses a 4th ball bearing to push them apart. Simple design that doesn't require a machine screw in. Fireball uses the machine screw style

Uses a 4th ball bearing to push them apart. Simple design that doesn't require a machine screw in. Fireball uses the machine screw style
Ah, the KISS principle...
Very nice.
Our Kubota has a similar system, but with a spring instead of the bolt for the detent for loader float.

Aaron Z

Finally got the table in after the fuckery at Fedex. Took yesterday off since it was suppose to be delivered but only received a phone call asking if it was a residential place. No shit dump bitch, says on the ticket. So scheduled for drop off today between noon and 5pm. No problem I will just leave work at 11 to make sure Im home. I received a phone call from my wife as Im pulling out of the parking lot that fedex was at the house. Wish I could have been home to talk to driver. I was scheduled for the last stop but someone put it at the door of the truck. He was just hoping someone was home to take delivery. He agreed the lady at the depot was a stupid bitch to my wife. At least he was nice to leave it where I suggested till I could get home in 15 mins.

One hell of a crate. 1300 lbs of joy
Pallet.JPG

Dam nice legs and wheels
Packing 1.jpg

The 800mm table extensions are heavy as fuck. 56.5 lbs each Drill for size.
Packing 2.jpg

Table wrapped really well.
Table packing.jpg

Sexy
Table packing 2.jpg

Homemade lifting bracket. Knocked this out last night on the mill to use the adjustable bolts I bought with the kit. I had to use a poor mans forklift to install the legs. Wish I had more than a cherry picker and pallet jack but they work.
Homemade liftring.jpg

Whole package I bought.
Complete package.jpg

I will have some picturing showing the setup for welding storage container for under the fadal enclosure.

One hell of a crate. 1300 lbs of joy
Pallet.JPG
With that table top in there they could have just stuck all the hardware in the middle, cribbed the perimeter, slapped the table plate on top and stuck a "stack all you want, we dare you" sign on it. :laughing:

With that table top in there they could have just stuck all the hardware in the middle, cribbed the perimeter, slapped the table plate on top and stuck a "stack all you want, we dare you" sign on it. :laughing:
It was a very impressive crate for sure.

Assembling the first layer of the storage container. Used the edges of the table to make every square. I added some 1/4 plate under the tubes to avoid welding onto the table.
First layout.jpg

Similar setup
Second layout.jpg

Little more challenging for the fixture setup but worked well. Set the spacing 12inches apart for adding the vertical braces.
3rd layout.jpg

Vertical bars all welded in
Vertical bars.jpg

Combining the fireball minion square and spacers with the table. Much easier this time then the last time.
Fireball setup.jpg

Finished till casters come in
Finished.jpg

I should have bought something like this years ago. Makes a huge different in the time to square things up and space apart. Plus my back and knees appreciate it. The system 16 kit would have worked fine but overall I have no regrets buying the table for the few times a month I will be using it for welding. The table is a game changer for me.

Notes
1. Always need more fucking clamps and extensions.
2. Need to build a clamp that works with the fireball square and the table.

I will be machining new flat extensions and bolts but the large extensions are worth purchasing. Even the clamps are worth purchasing versus building.

Top Back Refresh