What's new

French Tickler Buggy

That was a fucking genius TCase.
I heard there was some still around, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could find a 3:1 unit.

Figured I'd try to not spam the vendors post anymore :laughing: but also wanted to talk about that lovell case more.

From what I remember it was 3.57:1 single speed.

Air shifted front or rear disconnects with toggle switches.

If you really wanted to

You're running 5.13s?

3.57x4.30 = 3x5.13

So 4.56s for a hair more bottom end, ot 4.10s for a hair more wheel speed.

Was it built to handle rock bouncer type abuse?

Was it built to handle rock bouncer type abuse?
Don't know 'till you try.
I remember them showing a video of locking the clutches with an engine at rev limiter as a show of strength.
Looked convincing enough to me.

I remember them showing a video of locking the clutches with an engine at rev limiter as a show of strength.

I remember seeing that video and it was pretty damn impressive especially for back then. Wasn't Dustin selling an extra one he had out of the Redbull buggy at the old place?

I'd reach out to Jesse Haines on the facespace and see if he knows of any. He's got enough connections, I'm guessing he'd know if they were out there.

I remember seeing that video and it was pretty damn impressive especially for back then. Wasn't Dustin selling an extra one he had out of the Redbull buggy at the old place?
Yes but wrong ratio for me.
Was 4.3:1 IIRC

I'd reach out to Jesse Haines on the facespace and see if he knows of any. He's got enough connections, I'm guessing he'd know if they were out there.
Good idea

Nice, I don't remember that one.

I mean I remember seeing them at werock, but those guys were 3k lbs and 250hp. But if they're doing shit like that, it would probably be legit.

Yes but wrong ratio for me.
Was 4.3:1 IIRC

Good idea

Did they offer different ratios? I thought it was just 3.57?

I also remember the video of either the Lovell or the Webster buggy getting towed between trails out at JV because it was too slow to drive between them. :laughing:

get your own gears made
I ain't got that kinda money.

I was looking at going 6 / 8 speed with an SCS.

357 case would be cooler but I ain't making a custom TCase... nope

Webster.

Not behind a 6 or 8 speed trans :smokin:

Ya, but what do you think the limits are on input rpm to the tcase?

Nerding around on the gear calculator. In order to run 45 mph with a 6l80e/43s/5.13s you have to run 4500 rpm, which is about 6700 rpm out the trans.

Which doesn't sound horrible?

Of course The other nice thing about the 6+ speed autos is the deep 1st, so you could always run a much taller r&p if you wanted. But it does seem like everything just points back to a taller tcase ratio. 2:1 fixed low would probably be totally manageable for a 6 or 8 speed auto.

Ya, but what do you think the limits are on input rpm to the tcase?

Nerding around on the gear calculator. In order to run 45 mph with a 6l80e/43s/5.13s you have to run 4500 rpm, which is about 6700 rpm out the trans.

Which doesn't sound horrible?

Of course The other nice thing about the 6+ speed autos is the deep 1st, so you could always run a much taller r&p if you wanted. But it does seem like everything just points back to a taller tcase ratio. 2:1 fixed low would probably be totally manageable for a 6 or 8 speed auto.
Yup.

That's why I want the Lovell 3:1 version or nothing under that.

If I went SCS I'd have more choice, but they don't have a rear disconnect and that's my biggest hold up.

I think if I was going to run a single speed case, I'd skip the 6spd trans and go with an 8spd. I know the GM 8spd doesn't have the greatest reputation, but it does have an external trans ecu unlike the 6L80s, and a better gear spread. I don't think the 10spds have any better ratios.

I think that's a neat idea with a single speed case if you don't mind a slightly tall crawl ratio and then pulling more rpms in the highspeed stuff.

I think if I was going to run a single speed case, I'd skip the 6spd trans and go with an 8spd. I know the GM 8spd doesn't have the greatest reputation, but it does have an external trans ecu unlike the 6L80s, and a better gear spread. I don't think the 10spds have any better ratios.

I think that's a neat idea with a single speed case if you don't mind a slightly tall crawl ratio and then pulling more rpms in the highspeed stuff.

Interesting, I didn't know about the external ecu.

You're right about the ratios. The 6l80e is basically just a th400 with a 4:1 1st and 2 OD's, the main gears still have the same gaps. Where the 8 speed actually tightens them up, and gives you even deeper 1st.

Yup.

That's why I want the Lovell 3:1 version or nothing under that.

If I went SCS I'd have more choice, but they don't have a rear disconnect and that's my biggest hold up.
do you want front disco too? They make a front output that can be disconnected. Wonder if you could get it for the rear instead?

do you want front disco too? They make a front output that can be disconnected. Wonder if you could get it for the rear instead?
I asked. You could if you wanted to pay for a custom housing but it's not something they offer as is at the moment.

Have you thought of the Maxdrive guy, Jeff Clibon? It looks like his unit is added onto the back of a D300 in his rig, might be adaptable to put on the back of an SCS case. Either way its a lot of custom stuff and lots of dollars.

Have you thought of the Maxdrive guy, Jeff Clibon? It looks like his unit is added onto the back of a D300 in his rig, might be adaptable to put on the back of an SCS case. Either way its a lot of custom stuff and lots of dollars.
Prob not as strong as I'd like it to be.

I pulled the trigger on this sweet blower the other day and we're gonna need all the help we can get, my right foot and I. :dustin:

Why the hell do you need front digs in a bouncer? And don't tell me it's going to be for "trail riding" because the new blower says that ain't happening anymore. :flipoff2:

Why the hell do you need front digs in a bouncer? And don't tell me it's going to be for "trail riding" because the new blower says that ain't happening anymore. :flipoff2:
I just trail ride really fast

Where can i find more information on the "maxdrive"? I just looked on Insta per this link but I didn't see anything on it.

Top Back Refresh