What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

:lmao:

This is so true. Went to Port Aransas today with some friends who are in town. Apparently, it was the Jeep clubs get together and have various circle jerks on the beach day. Unless you have a name on your Jeep, or a flag for your club, you were probably left out. Friend an I joked about how many would struggle to figure out how to use their winch If someone asked to get pulled out.

Like this ghey shit?...... :laughing:

20190518_162236(1).jpg
Resized_20190518_162220.jpg

:barf::barf::barf:

I don't understand.

Wanna seize 1/2 the jeep market? Sfa and literally any engine that will fit. Do the 2004 concept or the new "mini" bodystyle, doesn't matter... just make the fucking thing rear wheel drive base with a goddam frame with a dana whatthefuckever up front.

No... no... we make Festiva with cool body. :confused:

Did you miss the body on frame version? Solid rear, ifs front.

God damnit, this shit again :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I still believe that if the JK was independent, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now. I think the 15% or whatever that actually wheel them are what a lot of the grocery getters are trying to emulate.

I still believe that Ford fucked up with ifs, but at least they got the remove able top and looks right, unlike the God awful FJ cruiser.

I literally just walked in from talking to a couple with a Gladiator. It was this Safety Orange color and I remarked it was kind of cool, they corrected me and said it was Red 🤣

I started talking to them about it, and they really made a big deal about the bed latch tie-down system and how convenient it was for their bikes. I was like "Yeah and it still has the solid front axle and the rear overhang isn't that bad...." blah blah 4x4 talk.

They just gave me puzzled looks. I'm 100% positive they had no idea what a solid front axle is.

:Like: the creative winch cover on the limey-green Jeep....

Those were from May? of last year. I was on a work trip down there and had a free weekend, so the wife came down with the Jeep and dogs. We drove out to the beach Saturday morning not realizing it was Go Topless Day. I could not get off that beach and out of town fast enough, the ghey was everywhere!

Haha, for sure drove by stuff like that. Are those off of Facebook? I failed at taking photos b/c I was driving. I know there were OSB jeepers, new braunfels trail crew maybe, and a few others I don’t recall.

Eh, it's like having a deck boat. Yeah it's not the greatest performing thing and more cosmetic, but it's super convenient and still pulls wake-boarders. Jeep has 4 removable doors and an open top, it goes on the beach just fine. It's a good social vehicle.

The removable doors are still the killer app of Jeeps. Out innawoods and bonfires and stuff, Jeeps are still going to be more cool meanwhile people in the Bronco will be behind a sensible 3-beam side-impact door.

Eh, it's like having a deck boat. Yeah it's not the greatest performing thing and more cosmetic, but it's super convenient and still pulls wake-boarders. Jeep has 4 removable doors and an open top, it goes on the beach just fine. It's a good social vehicle.

The removable doors are still the killer app of Jeeps. Out innawoods and bonfires and stuff, Jeeps are still going to be more cool meanwhile people in the Bronco will be behind a sensible 3-beam side-impact door.

I hear ya. Even though I've had several Jeeps im not a fan of driving around or wheeling with no doors. Not like they are going to be much better protection, but its still a lot better than nothing.

Those were from May? of last year. I was on a work trip down there and had a free weekend, so the wife came down with the Jeep and dogs. We drove out to the beach Saturday morning not realizing it was Go Topless Day. I could not get off that beach and out of town fast enough, the ghey was everywhere!

Those pics could have been from today. Plenty of angry grills and hood mounted high lift jacks to go around.

I hear ya. Even though I've had several Jeeps im not a fan of driving around or wheeling with no doors. Not like they are going to be much better protection, but its still a lot better than nothing.

I've always liked half doors, mostly for dust. No doors and a windshield makes for a fuck ton of dust swirling off the front tire. Half door helps, but the best is ditching the windshield :flipoff2:

That's been my theory as well.

I believe thats the same reason the big tire companies push sponsorship on their new Mt tire when it first comes out, then back off once everyone sees them on a big cool off road rig.

your theory sucks :flipoff2: they could build an IFS jeep do a bunch of ads comparing it to ultra 4 ifs rigs and it would then be "cool" meaning the masses dont give a fawk or even know what a sfa is

your theory sucks :flipoff2: they could build an IFS jeep do a bunch of ads comparing it to ultra 4 ifs rigs and it would then be "cool" meaning the masses dont give a fawk or even know what a sfa is

Nope, seeing the rigs out there who actually wheel them is 100 times more advertisement than any ad.

Not to mention, there are a shit ton of them on the trail, I don't know what the percentage is compared to the jeeps who never see dirt, but I'm sure it's more than 5% maybe 20%?

Nope, seeing the rigs out there who actually wheel them is 100 times more advertisement than any ad.

Not to mention, there are a shit ton of them on the trail, I don't know what the percentage is compared to the jeeps who never see dirt, but I'm sure it's more than 5% maybe 20%?

Maybe I have a skewed demographic that I'm exposed to, but on base I see tons of new Wranglers and not a single newer one I've seen has a scratch on it. Maybe they are such great drivers nothing on even the undercarriage gets dirt or scratches on it? Most are lifted, with tons of bolt ons and factor 55 ( or whatever it is) uber expensive crap, RTT's etc. But none of them are ever dirty. Around town it's about the same, new Wranglers with bolts on and a fresh coat of wax. That would led me to believe most of those drivers couldn't say what a SFA is. Older Jeeps, yeah I'd agree those people probably know since most of the older Jeeps I see look like they have actually been put in 4 low.

The new Bronco has removable doors and top so the same new Wrangler drivers can buy one and cruise the mall with their foot out the door and sipping a latte while listening to Taylor Swift:flipoff2:

Well , Jeep. :lmao:

So what you're actually saying is you made a lot of new freinds :flipoff2:

yea because all the soccer moms that make up most of the jeep owners totally see whos on the trail wheelin and thats why they bought the jeep :lmao: keep dreamin bud, the vast majority of jeep owners dont have a clue or care what a sfa is. its just a matter of time before all new jeeps have ifs, fuck chevy hasnt offered a solid axle in how long? 25yrs?

Maybe I have a skewed demographic that I'm exposed to, but on base I see tons of new Wranglers and not a single newer one I've seen has a scratch on it. Maybe they are such great drivers nothing on even the undercarriage gets dirt or scratches on it? Most are lifted, with tons of bolt ons and factor 55 ( or whatever it is) uber expensive crap, RTT's etc. But none of them are ever dirty. Around town it's about the same, new Wranglers with bolts on and a fresh coat of wax. That would led me to believe most of those drivers couldn't say what a SFA is. Older Jeeps, yeah I'd agree those people probably know since most of the older Jeeps I see look like they have actually been put in 4 low.

The new Bronco has removable doors and top so the same new Wrangler drivers can buy one and cruise the mall with their foot out the door and sipping a latte while listening to Taylor Swift:flipoff2:

90% of new jeep owners dont wheel, dont give a fawk if it has ifs or sfa, they care that its a jeep. same reason why they make 2wd jeeps

the new bronco not having a sfa will change nothing for 90% of the people that would actually buy one, which is who they built the thing for

yea because all the soccer moms that make up most of the jeep owners totally see whos on the trail wheelin and thats why they bought the jeep :lmao: keep dreamin bud, the vast majority of jeep owners dont have a clue or care what a sfa is. its just a matter of time before all new jeeps have ifs, fuck chevy hasnt offered a solid axle in how long? 25yrs?

'91 was the last year, so it's been 30 years.

Because most folks would have made the doors/jams inoperable from trail damage.

But it's a jeep, the objective is to see how heavy you can make it with as much gay shit as possible on the "trail" :flipoff2:

My dad was really looking forward to the new Bronco since his first vehicle was a 68 with a 289. He is just as disappointed as me.

We were talking about it being ifs. The thing is Ford thinks they will sell more catering to the soccer moms and fag bois that want a smooth ride. Those type of people do not know or care if it is ifs or not like said above they dont know the difference, they will buy it anyway. So in actuality they will sell less because the people that want sfa will not buy it.

So why lose a certain percent of buyers if you are not going to gain any on the other end either way?

I would like a solid axle, having it as an option is not out of the realm of a eventual possibility.

But these things are bad ass and don't need them. Or a solid rear for that matter.

Drive a new ranger with trail control. That system, geared/dialed to 37s is impressive.

Using a Humvee style setup would get ground clearance and huge tires.... especially with an electric version.

Watching them brake test here locally.. I want one.

Maybe since I'm a few hours from the Rubicon and other similar trails, I see more of the ones that get at least some use? I'm not saying the majority aren't stock or street queens with lifts. I was just wondering what the actual percentage is.

You're missing the point.

If the JK had been ifs on release, they would have lost a lot of the original buyers who actually wanted to go off road. I'm not saying they wouldn't have sold, but I'd bet they would have been significantly less popular.

Since they kept solid axles, they are a popular trail rig. When the last time you've been on a trail and not seen at least a few JKs? I can't say I can recall myself.

My theory is that the soccer moms and tiny dick people see these jeeps and want to emulate them in one way or another. I'm not saying they know weather or not they know if it gets wheeled, they just see a jeep with big tires.

It's like lifted trucks 30-40 years ago, the first guy's probably lifted them to actually go over or through stuff a stock truck couldn't. Then posers saw them and copied, then after a while it's just posers trying to out do posers, but they guy who actually used his truck still started it.

Shit, even bro dozer types know it's easier to lift a solid axle truck. :laughing:

Like I said, it's a theory, I can't prove it, but I'll still argue it on the internet despite what any of you fawks say :flipoff2:

Maybe since I'm a few hours from the Rubicon and other similar trails, I see more of the ones that get at least some use? I'm not saying the majority aren't stock or street queens with lifts. I was just wondering what the actual percentage is.

You're missing the point.

If the JK had been ifs on release, they would have lost a lot of the original buyers who actually wanted to go off road. I'm not saying they wouldn't have sold, but I'd bet they would have been significantly less popular.

Since they kept solid axles, they are a popular trail rig. When the last time you've been on a trail and not seen at least a few JKs? I can't say I can recall myself.

My theory is that the soccer moms and tiny dick people see these jeeps and want to emulate them in one way or another. I'm not saying they know weather or not they know if it gets wheeled, they just see a jeep with big tires.

It's like lifted trucks 30-40 years ago, the first guy's probably lifted them to actually go over or through stuff a stock truck couldn't. Then posers saw them and copied, then after a while it's just posers trying to out do posers, but they guy who actually used his truck still started it.

Shit, even bro dozer types know it's easier to lift a solid axle truck. :laughing:

Like I said, it's a theory, I can't prove it, but I'll still argue it on the internet despite what any of you fawks say :flipoff2:

so they sold a bunch of jk's because some guys bought jk's and put big tires on them, i totally get it now :flipoff2:

was at the ranch for a week again.. I'm trying to catch up.. just now saw this post.. kinda disappointing with the lack of solid information..

hokay, so I've been thinking of waiting a year or two, and then getting a used gladiator.. a lot.. mostly cuz when you cross the toll road, heading north, the next 8 or 9 miles of Las Tiendas Rd is not paved.. and that's also the name of our ranch..

I have a dodge avenger right now,.. gets great gas mileage, great stereo, great A/C.. but when I move to the ranch, well that would suck on that unpaved part of the road.. never have tried to take it out there..

now I'm starting to think I'd rather get a used bronco in a couple of years.. but I don't know much about them yet, kinda wished this thread had lots more details..

yes there are some areas of the 950 or so acres, that most people on here, would not try.. I just wanna be able to venture on most of the terrain..

edit: and yes, I know they are trying to keep things secret, until the release date, I just figured someone in our world would have some juicy behind the scenes data...

Last edited:
I would like a solid axle, having it as an option is not out of the realm of a eventual possibility.

But these things are bad ass and don't need them. Or a solid rear for that matter.

Drive a new ranger with trail control. That system, geared/dialed to 37s is impressive.

Using a Humvee style setup would get ground clearance and huge tires.... especially with an electric version.

Watching them brake test here locally.. I want one.

So what exactly is the attraction of "trail control?" I can't think of a situation I've had where I wanted to go exactly 1, 2, or 3 MPH. It seems I am constantly modulating my speed when I wheel :confused:

Last edited:
This will kill the straight axle Jeep as a standard....or open a duel market for both independent and solid axles for both brands.

I can tell you for sure...."real" hard core Jeep guys on 40,s and 40,s are becoming more common here in the mall belt..

a Dana 30 is useless and the 44 is marginal. By the numbers if I am reading it right the ranger is stronger then a Jeep up front. Stock for stock.

and the shit they have on these prototypes I have been seeing is stronger not weaker.

This coming from a guy who has two personal vehicles. A sas Dana 60 daily ranger with a v8 diesel....and an 89 b2 with eb axles and a 4.0.

I am willing to bet this new bronco will outperform both at anything tire for tire.

This will kill the straight axle Jeep as a standard....or open a duel market for both independent and solid axles for both brands.

I can tell you for sure...."real" hard core Jeep guys on 40,s and 40,s are becoming more common here in the mall belt..

how will a person get 40's under a new bronco, though?

One reason jeeps are popular is because it's "easy" to get them to that point... not so much on IFS...

Top Back Refresh