What's new

Ford Bronco Release date set

I like it, Reminds me of my 1st gen 4runner in a way. Will definitely check them out.

If it does not have a V8, manual transmission and solid axles it is just going to be another gay hipster mobile.

THIS ^^^

Ford fucked the pooch with no 5.0L or solid front. The thing also looks HUGE based on the pictures of the prototypes on 35" tires.

I have been following the Bronco saga since the 2004 concept, and I was genuinely considering buying one new. My requirements in order of importance were solid front axle, manual transmission, V8, removable top and doors, and I was hoping for a body width under 70" (the originals were ~68" wide and a JL is ~65" wide at the tub). Of course that is assuming body on frame construction with a longitudinal engine, and two speed transfer case were a given.

It looks like we are getting a removable top and doors as well as a 7 speed manual with a granny, but they screwed up the rest :shaking: The styling isn't absolutely hideous, but it really doesn't get me excited either. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep wheeling my pieces of shit and live with the extra money sitting in my accounts.

Like i was really excited it was gonna come back but i feel like its going to be a dumbed down plastic mobile. Like i was real excited for the jeep pickup that just came out..it sucked so bad i forgot the name.

Are you still driving that shit honda from cary's place like 5 years ago?

Id have miled that bitch out by now ( i did 78k miles in 2 years)

Yeah. I'm doing about 15-20 a year on it. Plan is to sell it at 300K :smokin:

I'm expecting a flaming pile of plastic bullshit, just like the ranger. I want electric windows, manual everything else, and a basic fucking cd player with bluetooth.:rolleyes:

Eh, fuck it, I think it's kinda cool. I'm sure they're up against some regulation having a V8 in a midsized SUV. You'd think jeep would have done it a long time ago.

I think they should have done solid axle front as well. But I'm sure there will be a SAS kit available in no time. Some competition for the JL is good:flipoff2:

grand cherokee isnt mid size suv? id rather have IFS so i can have a smoother ride down rough dirt roads :laughing:

I'm starting to realize that everything looks pretty terrible on 31" p metric highway tires. I'll bet it'll actually look decent with some 37s, real wheels and bumpers. For a new plastic electronic mobile at least.

Looks like every other overpriced, computer laden plastic bubble mom mobile out there. Hopefully it succeeds and we can have a "new broncos, the ricers of the future" thread

I’ve been waiting on a new bronco. Always said if they came out with a small or midsize, and not full-size, I’d be all over it. This was with the assumption it would be a Jeep competitor (utilitarian, solid axles, removable top/doors, etc)... it finally happened, and at least based on the pictures, it looks pretty boring. Guess I’ll wait to see one I’m person.

Solid rear, IFS front with selectable lockers available in both. Same 2.4? turbo 4cyl as the Ranger. Body on frame. Available 7 speed manual with a compound/granny low. No idea on T case, probably same as Ranger. Removable top, not sure on fold down windshield.

No idea on the baby bronco since I really DGAF about that one. Probably unibody based on the escape???

Two completely different platforms running the same name? That seems odd.

July 9th is also OJ Simpsons birthday. Serious.

LOL.... Ford moved the release date because of OJ's birthday.... :laughing:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-moves-bronco-reveal-oj-simpson-birthday

Ford has decided to move the upcoming reveal of its new Bronco SUV due to concerns that it was scheduled for O.J. Simpson’s birthday on July 9.

Ford said in a statement Friday, “We are sensitive and respectful to some concerns raised previously about the date, which was purely coincidental." The SUV will now be revealed on July 13.

I don't understand.

Wanna seize 1/2 the jeep market? Sfa and literally any engine that will fit. Do the 2004 concept or the new "mini" bodystyle, doesn't matter... just make the fucking thing rear wheel drive base with a goddam frame with a dana whatthefuckever up front.

No... no... we make Festiva with cool body. :confused:

I don't understand.

Wanna seize 1/2 the jeep market? Sfa and literally any engine that will fit. Do the 2004 concept or the new "mini" bodystyle, doesn't matter... just make the fucking thing rear wheel drive base with a goddam frame with a dana whatthefuckever up front.

thats hilarious you think half the people buying jeeps do so because it has a solid front axle, i bet 70% dont even know what that is :laughing:

I don't understand.

Did you miss the body on frame version? Solid rear, ifs front.

thats hilarious you think half the people buying jeeps do so because it has a solid front axle, i bet 70% dont even know what that is :laughing:

God damnit, this shit again :flipoff2:​​​​​​

I still believe that if the JK was independent, it wouldn't be as popular as it is now. I think the 15% or whatever that actually wheel them are what a lot of the grocery getters are trying to emulate.

I still believe that Ford fucked up with ifs, but at least they got the remove able top and looks right, unlike the God awful FJ cruiser.

Yes, Sort of. In a very roundabout way.

70% of new jeep buyers don't know what a solid axle is and don't go off road. They're buying the thing because it looks "offroady" and has a removable top. They can buy one, put some big tire thingys on it, and cruise around in the summer with the top off blasting Florida Georgia Line. Or mumble rap. Or Katie Perry. They buy it because its cool.

The other 30% actually use it off road in some capacity, and are the reason the 70% think its cool. Ford could build this with a new bronco. Oh well. I'll wait till 2035 when nobody wants these, buy one dirt cheap and SAS it then completely destroy it offroad just like every other bronco I've had. :laughing:

70% of new jeep buyers don't know what a solid axle is and don't go off road. They're buying the thing because it looks "offroady" and has a removable top. They can buy one, put some big tire thingys on it, and cruise around in the summer with the top off blasting Florida Georgia Line. Or mumble rap. Or Katie Perry. They buy it because its cool.

The other 30% actually use it off road in some capacity, and are the reason the 70% think its cool. Ford could build this with a new bronco. Oh well. I'll wait till 2035 when nobody wants these, buy one dirt cheap and SAS it then completely destroy it offroad just like every other bronco I've had. :laughing:

That's been my theory as well.

I believe thats the same reason the big tire companies push sponsorship on their new Mt tire when it first comes out, then back off once everyone sees them on a big cool off road rig.

July 9th.

Anyone have anything concrete on it? There was bullshit over on the other board, but I don't remember (and I'm not gonna go look) what the take away was.

I'm presuming it's a bastardization of an explorer, with IFS/IRS and some sort of ghey bullshit AWD.

Expecting a complete pile of shit, after watching the Ranger launch.

I just got back home. My ol man is in testing/engineering....

He did not like the ranger...I did. He don't like this either....I really like it. But it's been a battle with the roof system and powertrain reqs.. They are out everywhere...but in camo. I will watch the fence yard when I can and see what goes. Can't have cam in facility...and would not risk a pic regardless prelaunch.

I don't understand.

I can't describe how well it will work, this new bronco. over time. Referring to the roof. The powertrain and trail control of the ranger is awesome. This bronco will be stupid and so far exceed Jeep on road by a good margin.

But price point is the key. And phone features for pussies.

Otherwise the defender 90 would have Been much bigger.

That said......yes they are looking at straight axle creations.... This in respect to it being a brand.

Its been shown that 100% of people that purchase Jeeps do so, so that they can wave at other people in Jeeps.

Well be getting one when they come out as long as the dealers aren't trying to sell them for more than msrp.

IFS or not really doesn't matter since it will be getting a 60 anyway.

Well be getting one when they come out as long as the dealers aren't trying to sell them for more than msrp.

IFS or not really doesn't matter since it will be getting a 60 anyway.

1tko0m.jpg

:lmao:

This is so true. Went to Port Aransas today with some friends who are in town. Apparently, it was the Jeep clubs get together and have various circle jerks on the beach day. Unless you have a name on your Jeep, or a flag for your club, you were probably left out. Friend an I joked about how many would struggle to figure out how to use their winch If someone asked to get pulled out.

Top Back Refresh