What's new

Carnivore diet?

fuck a cold plunge. making your body think its about to die from hypothermia regularly cant be good.

moderatly stressing your body makes sense to me, but putting your body in shock that often has to have downsides.

sauna and a cold-ish shower 3-4 times a week does help me keep aches and pains away.

i dont thing i'm carnivore, but do try to get at least a 1/2lb of meat and a protien shake in me everyday.
it's not for everyone but I enjoy the cold plunge.

I also use the sauna after every workout but the sauna at the gym is too hot I can only stand it for about 5 or 6 minutes.

fuck a cold plunge. making your body think its about to die from hypothermia regularly cant be good.

moderatly stressing your body makes sense to me, but putting your body in shock that often has to have downsides.
Your body gets used to it.
Should look into to benefits before knocking it, tons of research on the benefits.

Been on it 27? Days. Only cheat has been some popcorn. Feel great but man do I miss some foods. 🤣

Been strict meat and some dairy. Cut back a lot of the milk which is a bummer.

Your body gets used to it.
Should look into to benefits before knocking it, tons of research on the benefits.

I don't know if I get any of the health benefits from it I do it bedside it's part of my cultural tradition.

looked into it when i got a sauna, but
i haven;t done a deep dive on the research. from what i have.... looks like a fad

i'm not knocking putting ice on it, or cold therapy type things. i use cold packs often, mostly on my knees. this current 'ice bath' trendy stuff is tarded. someone just said 11min is ideal???

the salt water round here is warmer than those baths, and 11min will kill has killed many people. there is no way i can imagine that anyone could have a long term benefit from taxing their body in that way. all things will self sabotage to live, our flesh is the same.

the rule of life is moderation, the extremes are always fads.

whats the cultural tradition?

looked into it when i got a sauna, but
i haven;t done a deep dive on the research. from what i have.... looks like a fad

i'm not knocking putting ice on it, or cold therapy type things. i use cold packs often, mostly on my knees. this current 'ice bath' trendy stuff is tarded. someone just said 11min is ideal???

the salt water round here is warmer than those baths, and 11min will kill has killed many people. there is no way i can imagine that anyone could have a long term benefit from taxing their body in that way. all things will self sabotage to live, our flesh is the same.

the rule of life is moderation, the extremes are always fads.

whats the cultural tradition?
11 minutes total per week is what was said. Which is 2.20 a day 5 days a week.

Finnish ice swimming has been a thing for 100s of years.

Lmnt, Redmond Relyte/Ultima are the best tasting electrolytes in order. Everything else I've tried tastes bad or weird. :laughing:
Ultima is definitely the least offensively fake tasting mix I have tried thus far, thanks for the recommendation.

Was down 28 lbs at 1 month in before going on a long weekend trip with the fellas and basically gave myself a full cheat pass with airports and travel meals. I definitely felt the aftermath of the carbs re-introduced into diet, weighed in the morning after my return +15 lbs from departure, but was back down to departing weight 4 days later

Last edited:
I've been on it since just after Thanksgiving. I've dropped 10-12lbs. I only do a couple cheat meals on the weekends. Started going to the gym more and I've retained my strength. Pretty happy with it and as stated above, I do miss some foods

I've been on it since just after Thanksgiving. I've dropped 10-12lbs. I only do a couple cheat meals on the weekends. Started going to the gym more and I've retained my strength. Pretty happy with it and as stated above, I do miss some foods

I found that it's easier to stay on the wagon skipping the cheat meals. Cutting carbs really suppresses appetite.

I found that it's easier to stay on the wagon skipping the cheat meals. Cutting carbs really suppresses appetite.
yeah, cheat meals with an eye towards keto diet seem to help stay in/ near ketosis and maintain weight shedding momentum.

Back when I was younger and was trying to impress more people I dieted very similar to this just with carbs. Cheat meals help with my sanity and cravings. Luckily, I'm not too overweight so this has been a reset for me and this is easier than weighing the food and counting the calories and all the supplements

90 days today.
Lost about 1.5" on all measurements. Started at 207lb, dropped to 183lb, back up to 193lb now. Feeling pretty damn good, and still off of all RA meds.
PXL_20230315_020236882~2.jpg
PXL_20230613_021813560.MP~2.jpg
Day 365
I've gained 1/2" in biceps, gained back my chest diameter, and am at 190lbs (207 start).
The flu in Feb kicked my dick in the dirt, I lost 10-15lbs and a ton of muscle so I feel great to be back where I'm at. I do some sort of calisthenics 4-5 times a week, plus arial circus.
1000003280.jpg
1000003276.jpg
1000003275.jpg

Checking back in; My scale broke a few weeks ago so I went 3-4 weeks without a weight check in.

Finally got the new one out of the box and I’m down 40 lbs or so since New Year’s Day which I’m quite satisfied with. I never took measurements but I’m swimming in the 3x shirts that used to fit reasonably, and my pants won’t stay on without a belt.
The Last month or so my energy levels have been noticeably improved.

I’m definitely not very militant on the carnivore element of the diet since the end of month 1. My days start off right with eggs and bacon or sausage with coffee with butter and heavy cream, but lunch can be a crapshoot when we go out but I generally try to keep carbs/ bread to a minimum. And as long as I eat a good lunch, I might have a snack of some cheese or pork rinds in the evening to stall any hunger, and an electrolyte pack (ultima is my top pick; lmnt is like a salt lick :barf: ) in water in the evenings as well, and that’s all til morning.

Travel days are tough so I allow myself some slack, having a protein heavy biscuit/sandwich for breakfast/ lunch, but skip the sugar drinks, and try to hold the bun and sub out fries/chips for veggies or a salad where possible/ feasible.

My ultimate goal is to drop another 40 lbs or so, so I’ll plant continue this course I’m on of relaxed carnivore/ keto carnivore eating.

Last edited:
really?

32oz water, lmnt (orange/lemonlime) and creatine are my morning hydration protocol.
I got the variety pack of about every flavor they make and tried several different flavors- I only use half to 1/3 of the powder in a full 32oz fake yeti tumbler with some ice cubes. They all taste ‘pucker your lips’ salty like you dumped the remnants of a large bag of pretzels into a cup of water. I can’t believe people pay what they do for a serving of that nasty shit.

I got the variety pack of about every flavor they make and tried several different flavors- I only use half to 1/3 of the powder in a full 32oz fake yeti tumbler with some ice cubes. They all taste ‘pucker your lips’ salty like you dumped the remnants of a large bag of pretzels into a cup of water. I can’t believe people pay what they do for a serving of that nasty shit.
You might need more salt in your diet if they take that salty to you. It's also possible I'm in taking way too much salt. :flipoff2:

You might need more salt in your diet if they take that salty to you. It's also possible I'm in taking way too much salt. :flipoff2:
I have no problem with salty foods/ snacks, and get a fair amount of salt in the diet. Either I got factory defect pouches or Anyone who says lmnt mixes don’t taste like half a cup of table salt salt dumped into 20 oz of water has nonfunctional tastebuds.

I have no problem with salty foods/ snacks, and get a fair amount of salt in the diet. Either I got factory defect pouches or Anyone who says lmnt mixes don’t taste like half a cup of table salt salt dumped into 20 oz of water has nonfunctional tastebuds.
That's really odd to me, I've been using lmnt for a year and really like it. Citrus salt daily, and I like the chocolate and mocha ones in coffee. I don't know anyone who gets that salt shock like you're describing. You may have ultra sensitive taste buds?

really?

32oz water, lmnt (orange/lemonlime) and creatine are my morning hydration protocol.

That's really odd to me, I've been using lmnt for a year and really like it. Citrus salt daily, and I like the chocolate and mocha ones in coffee. I don't know anyone who gets that salt shock like you're describing. You may have ultra sensitive taste buds?
all right, you all have convinced me i must have defective packets, i'm going to attempt to exchange/return as defective to amazon.

all right, you all have convinced me i must have defective packets, i'm going to attempt to exchange/return as defective to amazon.

i agree with Will12785, the packets are fine its you.

my suggestion is to suck it up butter cup and power through 3-5days of a full packet in the am in 32oz of water and re-evaluate.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who lost some 80lbs doing the carnivore diet so it clearly works for him too.
I am old, maybe not as old as Tyson here, I don't recall, I started taking it seriously.
I forget the name of the diet, but it's a one meal a day thing that I started doing.
I eat dinner only, pretty much starve all day, but after a few days I was no longer hungry and food cravings started to go away.
In the last 2 weeks, I dropped 15 lbs, I have about 85lbs to go :(.

The hardest thing for me is the social life and what the fuck do I do at lunch time at work. Sometimes I go for a walk, but boredom during the lunch hour is a thing if you're not going out to eat.

I like the LMNT packets. They are salty, not overly so, but after a workout where I sweat a good bit, I really crave one. The Chocolate ones are good as a "dessert" fix. I don't eat a lot of sweets, but one of those hits the spot when I kind of want a chocolate.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who lost some 80lbs doing the carnivore diet so it clearly works for him too.
I am old, maybe not as old as Tyson here, I don't recall, I started taking it seriously.
I forget the name of the diet, but it's a one meal a day thing that I started doing.
I eat dinner only, pretty much starve all day, but after a few days I was no longer hungry and food cravings started to go away.

The hardest thing for me is the social life and what the fuck do I do at lunch time at work. Sometimes I go for a walk, but boredom during the lunch hour is a thing if you're not going out to eat.
Go for a walk or read a book. I'm not strict carnivore so I just get something light if I go out but depending on where you go you can get steak and eggs and skip the toast or a tuna steak.

I'm sure it's not defective your most likely just more sensitive to the salt in it.

i agree with Will12785, the packets are fine its you.

my suggestion is to suck it up butter cup and power through 3-5days of a full packet in the am in 32oz of water and re-evaluate.

I’m out of my return period so I tried it again tonight- 1/3 packet of citrus salt in probably 24 oz of water and stirred well before adding ice. It was tolerable but not enjoyable, so I guess it’s just not for me.
It’s just hard for me to believe that it’s actually supposed to taste like that and that people pay as much for it as they cost.

Well done man :flipoff2:
I'll be 45 this summer. Old as balls too.
OMAD is definitely a good option, pretty much what my wife does. Only reason I don't is I'm trying to put weight on.
Can you do simple body weight exercise at lunch? Sucks sweating at work, but I like to do sets of 5 slowly. Not quite enough to break a sweat.

I’m out of my return period so I tried it again tonight- 1/3 packet of citrus salt in probably 24 oz of water and stirred well before adding ice. It was tolerable but not enjoyable, so I guess it’s just not for me.
It’s just hard for me to believe that it’s actually supposed to taste like that and that people pay as much for it as they cost.
I don't think they taste good either but I think the point of them is to help rehydrate. You can try other brands too. I usually drink liquid IV it's the most tolerable I've found. I would prioritize drinking water over anything else though.

I like the OMAD diet too. I started the 18/6 fasting and worked my way up to OMAD. A trip to Vegas and a couple business trips since got me off the rails a bit but back to the 18/6 now and working my way back. Crazy how quietly the body will revert back to being hungry all the time when you break the cycle

Top Back Refresh