What's new

Carnivore diet?

Oddly enough after telling my high school friend about my very bad carnivore experience he knows of two people who had heart attacks on it.

One was a biker riding 100 miles or more a week on his early 50’s. The other was a mid 40’s friend of his who was in shape but boom.

Who knows if it was related to diet change but he seemed to associate both with carnivore.

Without knowing more, it's just a second hand story.

People on the carnivore (and keto) diet have their markers go down, not up.

But people are also strange too. Worked with a lady who swore she was hard-core keto, but she also partook in the donuts that people brought into work and always posted pics of the sweets she made on her social media and always complained she wasn't hitting her weight loss goals.

But people are also strange too. Worked with a lady who swore she was hard-core keto, but she also partook in the donuts that people brought into work and always posted pics of the sweets she made on her social media and always complained she wasn't hitting her weight loss goals.
I see so many people who barely even half ass a commitment to a healthy diet and instantly complain. Like getting a salad with their chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with a dessert.

Long story short, people are retarded and lazy.

Life's a risk. Either of those two get the covaids jab?

Is it true that people not on the carnivore diet have had heart attacks too?

Exactly the responses I was hoping for.

There is no reliable good mass data or studies on Carnivore. There are anecdotal stories, posts, you tubers and experiences.

The RA is coming from one main guy who will tell you ‘it’s working for me and my daughter but we are experimenting with our bodies, we do not recommend it’

Much like the heart attack story.

My buddy loves it, it might have permanently damaged me, my other buddy thinks it killed 2 guys. Bring on the scientific studies.

Exactly the responses I was hoping for.

There is no reliable good mass data or studies on Carnivore. There are anecdotal stories, posts, you tubers and experiences.

The RA is coming from one main guy who will tell you ‘it’s working for me and my daughter but we are experimenting with our bodies, we do not recommend it’

Much like the heart attack story.

My buddy loves it, it might have permanently damaged me, my other buddy thinks it killed 2 guys. Bring on the scientific studies.
As we proven time and time again, either the nutritionist can't do a proper scientific study to conclusion or every study in that field is corrupt. They can't even maintain a consensus for more than a couple years on most things.

Personally I think they keep missing a person's genetics and diet. People evolved for centuries around the diets of availability in their region. Now in the past 100 years we start moving all over and with shipping getting a wider variety of foods than ever before. Someone who's genetics were from a colder area might respond well to a carnivore diet - their ancestors probably ate lots of meat, tubers and certain veggies. Someone who's genetics are from a tropical place are going to be better suited for fish and fruits.

But there is so little we understand about ourselves that we don't know why people die early of a heart attack, get stokes or other issues. Crap, after pouring millions of dollars, hours and research into cancer we are still sticking with very medieval treatments - cut it out or poison it. The only upgrades have been smaller knives and more targeted poison.

When I hear a nutritionist or doctor tell me what I should be eating I just think back to all the crap they taught us in schools. Food pyramid, salt is evil, you need milk to live. All BS

If people can have severe food allergies it seems completely reasonable that there can also be very minor food allergies, which subject to constant exposure could have significant cronic health effects.

Last edited:
Had lab work last week, orders from my rheumatologist. Even though I'm off meds and feel great, I wanted to see the labs. Bad. Severe reduction in kidney function since last labs 3 months ago. Going again next week.
I don't see how the kidneys could be effected by going off the meds besides positive.
I was taking daily protein powder, which I've now stopped. I read it can be hard on kidneys.
Oh well, find out more next week.

I’m in the camp that nobody knows your body better than yourself, I wouldn’t stop eating what makes you feel good until you know for sure it’s harming you. If everyone was on a carnivore diet and thriving the food industry would plummet, doctors are in on it theyll never oppose a non western diet

Little update.
I went from all inflammation gone, to it coming back in flare-ups :mad3:. I was eating a little dairy and butter, and all meats. In order to figure out which item is setting my body off, I'm now down to strict beef, bacon, salt, and water. I'm feeling much better, no flare-ups this week so it must have been one of those, or possibly chicken or pork.
Thankfully my weight is holding steady at 195. Doing calisthenics every other day, trying to put on some muscle weight.
Special diets are for the birds, can't wait to bring stuff that doesn't inflame me back into my diet.

I follow this dude on Instagram - Paul Saladino MD. He’s got some pretty convincing stuff, all animal based. Ultimately he’s trying to sell his supplements…

I think folks tend to get sucked into a rabbit hole of what is or isn’t gonna kill you, and the fact of the matter is. Moderation is key. Unless you’re completely off the grid and hunt/forage/grow your own food, something will get ya!

The main thing for me is avoiding processed crap as much as possible. Drinking plenty of water. Staying away from seed oils and refined sugar. But I’ll still fuck up some chic fila. 😎

I also really like snacking (lately) on full fat plain yogurt with a handful of raw almonds and some raw honey. Delicious.

Still trying to get to the bottom of my inflammation.
First few weeks of carnivore, my RA went to zero, I'm guessing due to the drastic diet change.
I was still eating eggs, cheese, chicken, and pork. But my inflammation has slowly come back. No bad enough to go back on meds, but my hands hurt and have swollen joints again.
So no one step further, and the last step. Only ruminant animal meat, as fatty as possible and organ meat, salt, water with electrolytes.
It's rough, but the RA symptoms have decreased.

Had lab work last week, orders from my rheumatologist. Even though I'm off meds and feel great, I wanted to see the labs. Bad. Severe reduction in kidney function since last labs 3 months ago. Going again next week.
I don't see how the kidneys could be effected by going off the meds besides positive.
I was taking daily protein powder, which I've now stopped. I read it can be hard on kidneys.
Oh well, find out more next week.

Dibs on your stuff! :smokin:

Still trying to get to the bottom of my inflammation.
First few weeks of carnivore, my RA went to zero, I'm guessing due to the drastic diet change.
I was still eating eggs, cheese, chicken, and pork. But my inflammation has slowly come back. No bad enough to go back on meds, but my hands hurt and have swollen joints again.
So no one step further, and the last step. Only ruminant animal meat, as fatty as possible and organ meat, salt, water with electrolytes.
It's rough, but the RA symptoms have decreased.
Ever tried a cold plunge?

90 days today.
Lost about 1.5" on all measurements. Started at 207lb, dropped to 183lb, back up to 193lb now. Feeling pretty damn good, and still off of all RA meds.
PXL_20230315_020236882~2.jpg
PXL_20230613_021813560.MP~2.jpg

I’ve tried all the fad diets. They work but aren’t sustainable with my lifestyle. I eat lunch with clients 3 days/week. I typically let them pick the place, my only requirement is no fast food.

I’m down 18lbs since May 1. Zero exercise. Dropped soda completely, only drank it a couple times/wk. I do my own version of fasting. If I have a big lunch, then it’s little to no supper. No lunch, big supper. Still drink beer, just a little less. No fast food. 3-4liters of water/day. Took me 43yrs to get this big. I figure a year to loose 40-50lbs isn’t going to hurt.

For me, it’s portion control. Simply too much intake.

I do love the carnivore idea though…

I’ve tried all the fad diets. They work but aren’t sustainable with my lifestyle. I eat lunch with clients 3 days/week. I typically let them pick the place, my only requirement is no fast food.

I’m down 18lbs since May 1. Zero exercise. Dropped soda completely, only drank it a couple times/wk. I do my own version of fasting. If I have a big lunch, then it’s little to no supper. No lunch, big supper. Still drink beer, just a little less. No fast food. 3-4liters of water/day. Took me 43yrs to get this big. I figure a year to loose 40-50lbs isn’t going to hurt.

I do love the carnivore idea though…
you will get sick of it.

thats the biggest thing i had to reprogram in my brain. be diligent on controlling the meals you can and do your best to mitigate the damage when you cant.

Top Back Refresh