What's new

Carnivore diet?

I don't think they taste good either but I think the point of them is to help rehydrate. You can try other brands too. I usually drink liquid IV it's the most tolerable I've found. I would prioritize drinking water over anything else though.
yeah, I drink a pack a day of ultima supplement ( also half a packet at a time), its half the price per packet and doesn't have an offensive taste. And i also try to keep water and coffee cups cycling throughout the day.

Well, we know who funded that study, just like a majority of them since the 1950's.
Including lucky charms and it’s placement is the jumping of the shark dead giveaway it was General Mills footing the bill/ greasing the palms, in case there was any question after the more subtle Cheerios ranking.

Last edited:
If any of ya'll are protein powder consumers, I highly recommend Noble Origins. Good company, good ingredients.

1000003783.jpg

After 5 months on carnivore, I tried to eat a potato chip. Did not like. Would not recommend.

I have eaten a ketovore diet for years (80% meat) and sugars/carbs are still absolutely delicious to me. I just choose to avoid them.

Do you have any idea that you clearly don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

But please, explain away. What does that do to our bodies. Cite your sources.

100-150g of protein is Great, putting more than that in your body will fuck your body up. Meat is great for being lean, building muscle, strength, but it doesnt have vitamins minerals a ton of shit your body needs, and its hell on your digestive system. Youll be ripped, with a ton of health issues.

80% meat is the dumbest fucking thing ever to do LONG TERM, unless youre on some type of cut on nothing but a can of tuna and an apple a day.

Sources, shit, almost 20 years in this.

You want to be healthy? 60% fruits and vegetables.

Im not trying to sell a book here you dumbass (well, maybe one day :flipoff2:) but genuinely give caring advice.

Ive seen this thread and decided to click on it, damn, I hope people arent doing this for longer than a couple months.

I love meat, eat chicken breasts any chance I can, but straight meat is hard on the body. Sucks out water from you, calcium, lot of shit to digest and process it. Hell on your intestinal walls.

Anyway bros. I love you.

Somewhat related. A critique of "Supersize Me" and his own fast food diet experiment. The guy ate a high fat low-ish carb diet.

For being an old documentary, it is quite accurate on the accepted nutritional wisdom of the time (Carbs good, fat bad!).

Last edited:
100-150g of protein is Great, putting more than that in your body will fuck your body up. Meat is great for being lean, building muscle, strength, but it doesnt have vitamins minerals a ton of shit your body needs, and its hell on your digestive system. Youll be ripped, with a ton of health issues.
Wut?

1717152327397.png

1717152403065.png

its your bodies bros, your choice. Im not gonna get into an argument, only posted my genuine opinion.

its your bodies bros, your choice. Im not gonna get into an argument, only posted my genuine opinion.
And we should learn and evolve as we go through life.
Your dietary mindset is set in the early 80's, time to do some research and see what's changed since then, and really in the last 10yrs.

I don't know that carnivore is the best diet but I honestly can't see how a carnivore diet is any worse for you than a diet based primarily on processed grains, sugar, and highly processed foods in general. Most of the shit in the standard American diet is not what we've evolved to eat.

We haven't evolved to be able to handle the carby shit that we have been eating since agriculture took over. Add the industrial chemicals and oxidized fat (i.e. veg oils including olive) on top and here we are. By calories i'm 99% carnivore and have been for a few weeks, but meat-centric keto for the 2 years prior. Meat is the best thing for you, and that doesn't mean eating 200g of lean stuff. Eating 200g of protein a day doesn't get you ripped, where did you come up with that? I wish it did. I eat 2-3lbs of meat a day, shit about once every 3 days. Nice, good, perfect shits, too.

I don't know that carnivore is the best diet but I honestly can't see how a carnivore diet is any worse for you than a diet based primarily on processed grains, sugar, and highly processed foods in general. Most of the shit in the standard American diet is not what we've evolved to eat.
Exactly. I've made a point to never tell anyone that living a carnivore lifestyle is for everyone, or is best. It works for me, that's all I can say.

It definitely isn't for everyone as we are all different. I've wonder if it ties into your genetics and such.
Agreed.
From the research I've done, there is a correlation between blood type, and the meat you crave. But it doesn't match for me. I'm B blood, supposedly more omnivore, but I crave red meat.

It definitely isn't for everyone as we are all different. I've wonder if it ties into your genetics and such.
Yeah, it actually is for everyone. And that's based on "genetics". If we didn't have such an abundance of stuff to eat you would seek out the animal products first. If you go dig up a tuber and eat it that means you're starving. Nothing has changed, we are not adapted to that.

Yeah, it actually is for everyone. And that's based on "genetics". If we didn't have such an abundance of stuff to eat you would seek out the animal products first. If you go dig up a tuber and eat it that means you're starving. Nothing has changed, we are not adapted to that.
Maybe. There are some people with gout who can't do it and others who have allergies to meat. I also wonder if it ties into our ancestors and what they ate which has definitely affected our genetics

Also, I do "cheat" from time to time and vegetables make my stomach hurt now. Fruit not as much depending on what it is. Cutting out sugar has helped a lot in joint pain.

My DNA says I am 99% English. My ancestors ate meat and fish, and some cold weather vegetables that they could gather from the local forests. They were suspicious of gardens. As grains developed, they also ate potage. I imagine a lot of the food was boiled or cooked to a soft state because of the notoriously poor dental hygiene of both the English in general and the times in specific.

So... works for me

I suspect that a moderate carb diet is probably OK for most people. Which is a huge reduction in carbs for most people.
This. I can't imagine we evolved to eat a carb heavy diet, especially simple carbs. I don't think a lot of people realize that most of the grains we eat today are result of millennia of selective breeding and then in recent decades of direct genetic modifications. These are not the grains eaten by our ancestors. The simple carbs to fiber ratio is way skewed versus what our ancestors ate. Then we refine them even further to basically remove all the fiber. It's like burning wet firewood vs. burning straight gasoline. The bread we eat is basically processed by our bodies the same as a piece of cake would be. Just straight simple carbs. Pure energy.

4ccb873ec6e30c2723295ef8459bb397.jpg

Revival-Einkorn-chart.jpg

Sources, shit, almost 20 years in this.
Are you a nutritionist? 20 years in what?

I get my blood checked every year. Have colonoscopies. My body does better on protein heavy foods. I don’t just eat meat but 80% might be fair. I consume a lot of red meat, beef and elk. Chicken and lots of eggs. Little bit of cheese. Fair bit of legumes specifically black beans because they are the higher protein. My only snacks are peanut butter or cheese.

I don’t touch sugar or flour except once or twice a year for a birthday. And my knees always hurt for at least a week afterwards.

When I get my bloodwork done I’m always in good shape. Triglycerides are a couple points higher than they like but by a couple I’m talking actually 2. My cholesterols are good. If it wasn’t for my beer intake I’d be in pretty decent shape

A friend of mine was hospitalized with leukemia and they told him he was diabetic (very obese, with horrible eating habits). I was there when the diabetes team came to educate him on nutrition. They gave him a menu with points for glucemic content and they would give him insulin afterwards. In the menu there were things like fries, sweet potatoes and even cans of soda.

Top Back Refresh