What's new

Carnage share thread

Broke the TG 4.7 gears in my toyota doubler over the summer. About 6 years on these

RZ20yefl.jpg

lq3ZCOPl.jpg

Not a "bad" break, just a pita break. The top of the leaf spring eye broke, front of leaf got jammed up above the bolt and poked into the fuel tank, draining the full tank.

VkpYC3al.jpg

Where do I sign up to ride shotgun?

If I was on the manufacturing side of the sport I’d love to partner with you and your buddies for testing purposes. You guys are taking parts that are “unbreakable” to me and my circle, and running it on the ragged edge of what it’s capable of. That’s an absolute gold mine for anyone who wants to do some failure analysis

I always look at "unbreakable" as a challenge, not a fact.

Has to be a blast riding as a passenger with you. What's the typical process after a rollover? Just let the oil settle and then restart and go?

I don't have any pictures easy to upload of the after but here was making some carnage. Never pre ran the course and realized that there was a turn right after the jump while at the top. Don't really recall much of it.

I don't have any pictures easy to upload of the after but here was making some carnage. Never pre ran the course and realized that there was a turn right after the jump while at the top. Don't really recall much of it.

Ouch man! I’ve done a couple of those and it’s never fun. Were you able to salvage the car?

Ouch man! I’ve done a couple of those and it’s never fun. Were you able to salvage the car?

We have all the chassis fixed now, replaced everything from rear firewall back. Getting ready to start rewiring and fuel system now.

That day it was the first time out after a major rebuild, we went from the dyno to the start line. It was MUCH faster than before and caught me off guard.

I like how when the buggy's roll the only real issue is getting them back on all four tires. When you roll something with a body its "dam, I just destroyed my rig."

We have all the chassis fixed now, replaced everything from rear firewall back. Getting ready to start rewiring and fuel system now.

That day it was the first time out after a major rebuild, we went from the dyno to the start line. It was MUCH faster than before and caught me off guard.

I had the same thing happen to me. Already told the story in the rollcage failure thread. I bought an older U4 car and did a bunch of stuff to it. I didn’t take the time to re-learn what it’s new capabilities were. I hucked it over a double and completely overshot the catch ramp by 20 or 30 feet and did a full lawn dart to the nose and endo’d it. It whipped me into the ground so hard it knocked the wind out of me. My chassis did not survive however.

20210125_093223.jpg

Not all that impressive but I accidentally did a Dukes of Hazzard imitation in my 2wd 5 speed blazer daily this morning. Raining and about 35 degrees, first 20 miles of my commute was fine. Came up to a corner I drive every morning, turned in and nothing happened. Tapped the brakes to scrub a little speed and nothing but ABS pump grinding my foot. Go off the edge of the road and have pretty decent control, didn't notice the driveway I was coming up on till I hit it about 30 mph and went airborne. Blazer landed about 30 feet on the other side of the driveway, I gouged my head on the dome light and bled everywhere. Back is fuckin killing me right now.

Too sore to go look but I either bent the pedals or the LF wheel hit the wheelwell sheetmetal hard enough to push it back. The LF wheel is definitely further back than it should be. The driver's door is bent out really bad at the top, or the cab itself is buckled. I can't quite tell.

Area BFE in Moab...screwing around in the play area near the entrance, a buddy of mine was stuck on a line I wanted to try, so I dropped off this ledge to go around. Figured the drop would be sketchy but looked like plenty of runout space to gas it if needed. It got sketchy and I gassed it...right into a boulder I couldn't see from the top. Made a bad line worse in a hurry and just toppled the whole rig over sideways.

My friend's girlfriend (passenger in the blue commando) was scared shitless and thought I was DOA. Meanwhile I'm laughing my ass off upside down and trying to push myself off the roof enough to get the harness unbuckled. Dent in one of the rear cage bars and some sheet metal were the only casualties.

26662362745_ca0541029a_b.jpg

how'd you break yours? this one let loose during some gentle high speed desert whoops

not mine but i built it(all 23 spline with 30 spline outputs frt and rr) and will repair it, happened climbing boulder field/step up ledges. could have been from hitting the driveline on a rock, he drives just like me and thinks hes a rock bouncer :laughing:

same guy snapped a 14b axle shaft with 36" iroks

if i had my photos in a centralized place and easily accessible i could post a page worths of broken parts in this thread :laughing:

How strong are those RCVs compared to typical Yukon chromo shit?

let’s see how bad that question throws this thread... haha

Top Back Refresh