What's new

Carnage share thread

put in another request to lease a large helicopter. They might will take the bait, because retarded amount of $$$ and down few employees for months as y'all get sent out (and get paid) for helicopter pilot training and the company get to 'have' a big helicopter. All approved because it's costly.

1703081324872.png
Plus with this method/training, you could use the helicopter to lift Robby Gordon's broken Speed UTV out of the canyons during the EMC race...

Understood. Not surprised.

I've got stories on how we spent millions doing something dumb but can't afford paper for the copy machine.
Another problem we’ve got and on this, I agree with Houston. The mouth breathers we’ve got running some stuff would screw it up for everybody. We’ve got some real low common denominators on staff because they have a valid driver license, and show up to work on time every day. Can’t operate a crescent wrench but have a pulse and breathe air.

Another problem we’ve got and on this, I agree with Houston. The mouth breathers we’ve got running some stuff would screw it up for everybody. We’ve got some real low common denominators on staff because they have a valid driver license, and show up to work on time every day. Can’t operate a crescent wrench but have a pulse and breathe air.
training / firing not an option ?

training / firing not an option ?
Nobody better knocking on the door to replace them with. We lose good hands on the regular to Texas because they get tired of winters up here. We’ve got open spots right now and no good candidates who want a shitty job with lots of overtime.

JR4X

Given all the stories you tell us, I'm always surprised y'all don't have stuff like this :

1703079201683.png

Seems like this would make life a lot easier with less breakdown / stuck events.

The company I work for now is way to short sighted to do something like that. In January of this year they had to pay a roustabout daily wages and rent on a 4x4 back hoe to drag trucks around. I put in a request to let us build one truck for just such an occasion. My idea would have cost less than one month of backhoe tow truck and it would have been something they owned instead of a sunk cost but request denied.

Back when I first started Wild West, we were doing a bunch of mods and repairs on trucks for a local utility company. They had one powerline they were putting through a gnarly section of terrain and they were spending half their days just unsticking trucks and equipment. I offered to build them some big trucks like what Bebop posted and the manager in charge of equipment was all for it, but the bean counters never took the bait and they just kept wasting their time pulling rig out of the mud for the next six months.

We’ve got open spots right now and no good candidates who want a shitty job with lots of overtime.

As long as it's a shitty job with lots of overtime and GOOD PAY.

Back when I first started Wild West, we were doing a bunch of mods and repairs on trucks for a local utility company. They had one powerline they were putting through a gnarly section of terrain and they were spending half their days just unsticking trucks and equipment. I offered to build them some big trucks like what Bebop posted and the manager in charge of equipment was all for it, but the bean counters never took the bait and they just kept wasting their time pulling rig out of the mud for the next six months.

2 different budgets
Operations vs Invest.

How do I know ?

I was part of a retrofit that cost the company 15+ mil to put shitty robots in the shop. Good robot option was 22 mil. Finance said no.
Cost us 1 mil in repairs each year. Life cycle of 20 years. Easy to do the math. Finance guy said : I'm Invest and that's operations budget. Not my problem, go with the shitty option.
Operations finance guy is not part of the invest review process.

Now we fight the shitty option daily.

I've got stories on how we spent millions doing something dumb but can't afford paper for the copy machine.
Man that was so accurate. Couldn't afford plastic spoons, Styrofoam coffee cups, or raises over 2%, yet we were spending $250k on a belt loaders and buying them in lots of 20 when a $60k one basically did the same thing when we were sourcing equipment at a previous role I was in.

Man that was so accurate. Couldn't afford plastic spoons, Styrofoam coffee cups, or raises over 2%, yet we were spending $250k on a belt loaders and buying them in lots of 20 when a $60k one basically did the same thing when we were sourcing equipment at a previous role I was in.

It makes sense if you don't think about it...:lmao:

Nobody better knocking on the door to replace them with. We lose good hands on the regular to Texas because they get tired of winters up here. We’ve got open spots right now and no good candidates who want a shitty job with lots of overtime.
Are you tasked with writing the job descriptions?? :lmao:

low max 205 , yes cracked case and messed up gears.
bruddys rig. Dave. broke output at smorr 3 years ago, we fixed it there and kept on wheeling. a needle bearing he thinks fell into the case at some point and was missed. well 3 years later it finally said please look at me..... it was making noise that last trip out so he stopped wheeling.

1704463157219.png

1704463383377.png

1704463406362.png

4.7s?

Someone really needs to make a 3.5-3.8 gear . The 4.7s are just dumb when you have them in duals, and are obviously weak.
stock ones in the rear case behind a 2.28 box. Behind a powerhouse 3.0. 🤣

What oil? Knowing Toyota guys, he's probably running the cheapest possible oil.

I wonder if some better shit would help.
Different won't do much for low speed "gears and shafts are breaking" crawling type of failures. Maybe you'll get an extra .01% out of it or something inconsequential like that.

If he were burning them up on the highway or cooking the oil and then having failures then it might be worth a try.

Reactions: Clb
What oil? Knowing Toyota guys, he's probably running the cheapest possible oil.

I wonder if some better shit would help.
Valvoline and changes it often.
He was on a ledge and it hopped once, boom clunk clunk clunk. Literally 50ft off the pavement at the start of the day. :laughing:. sticky mickey pro x 40's. 60/14b, 3 link front, 63's rear. Lots of poo pipe. before I swapped in the tons he was blowing R&P at least once a year.
He put the wrong clutch in it. Overall its terrible, its like a on/off switch. Makes for great carnage though.

Attachments

• IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 45
Top Back Refresh