What's new

Calif Fires

Mrs cousin is in Vacaville east of Hwy 80, the fire just jumped 80. They’re bugging out 😕

per Caltrans

I 80

[IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA - SOLANO CO]
IS CLOSED FROM MANUEL CAMPOS PARKWAY /IN FAIRFIELD/ TO MASON ST /IN VACAVILLE/ (SOLANO CO) - DUE TO A WILDFIRE - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

if anyone needs anything (other than pictures of smoke :laughing:) please reach out and let us know
I am a couple hours away but will do what we can

Been raining ash here (-15 miles from ground zero) early monday at sunrise(as near as I could see) looks LIKE it did during the soda fire(first northbay fire storm few years back) then the coffee and the rest of the state followed.
man to think we pay for the privilege of this shit

if anyone needs anything (other than pictures of smoke :laughing:) please reach out and let us know
One of the many reasons I love this crazy dysfunctional family ☝🏻

Mrs cousins hubby is a Sonoma county Deputy. His family will get out, then he’ll head back into the chaos to help others

Part of an alert I just got on my phone

Screenshot_20200819-202533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Same here. We're in north Sacramento/natomas. Let us know where to go and help. Woke up with ash on the cars....and another layer at lunch time. I build hospitals, so I'll do anything I can to keep people out of them.

Air quality is better at my house in prunedale then anywhere else in the bay right now. If anyone needs a place to stay or park a trailer/motorhome hit me up.

Really sorry Shane. Hopefully you'll be able to be reimbursed somehow and if you need a buddy to stand around, drink beer, and offer up bad ideas while you start on a new one, I'm your guy.

If it turns out it's gone it means my friends house, buisness, property Is gone also and I have no intentions of ever bringing up my truck being lost to him. If he does that's fine but it wont happen on my end.

And no insurance on it, oh well

The CZU complex ( Santa Cruz fires) is only listed at 10k acres which is a fraction of what it really is

LNU complex is 124k acres

Last edited:
Holy shit. And August won't be cooling down either. September is looking to be a hot one also. Damnit.

this morning i helped save a 70yr olds house at the end of jerusalem grade now im gonna be up all night watching the fire and saving my place, fire is about 1000yrds away everyone is evacuated all around, thankfully its coming slowly now unlike this morning. wish me luck :laughing:

i had to drive through flames this morning, it was pretty intense :eek:

Another big fire just started in the santa cruz mountains off of zyante. They only few neighborhoods not evacuated in the san lorenzo valley are now being evacuated, my parents house included.

What makes it worse is there are already reports of looting from people driving back to try to grab a few more things.

this morning i helped save a 70yr olds house at the end of jerusalem grade now im gonna be up all night watching the fire and saving my place, fire is about 1000yrds away everyone is evacuated all around, thankfully its coming slowly now unlike this morning. wish me luck :laughing:

i had to drive through flames this morning, it was pretty intense :eek:

Stay safe man

Pack up whatever you can now, because you might have to go at some point. I know a guy who stayed fighting spot fires during the camp fire (he was just outside where it ripped through town) he spent almost 24 hours there, the wind shifted and he barely got out. He said I had all the time to load his guns, tools and motorcycles up, but didn't.

And at some point, stuff is just stuff.

Another big fire just started in the santa cruz mountains off of zyante. They only few neighborhoods not evacuated in the san lorenzo valley are now being evacuated, my parents house included.

What makes it worse is there are already reports of looting from people driving back to try to grab a few more things.

I think you can put looters just below rapists. Especially when it's during something like this.

On a side note, the one near me is being mopped up. If anyone needs a place to stay let me know, I don't have a ton of (flat) room, but can make something work.

Stay safe man

Pack up whatever you can now, because you might have to go at some point. I know a guy who stayed fighting spot fires during the camp fire (he was just outside where it ripped through town) he spent almost 24 hours there, the wind shifted and he barely got out. He said I had all the time to load his guns, tools and motorcycles up, but didn't.

And at some point, stuff is just stuff.

i appreciate your well wishes :beer:
thankfully my place is very defensible no brush around just a few oaks not next to the house, everything is cleaned up all the grass cut etc ive got a generator with lots of fuel and an endless supply of water with 5k of storage and a couple hundred feet of hose. if i was in a thick forrest no way id be staying, i should be ok but i can get out if i need to thanks to my sweet truck:laughing::homer:

also thankfully it cooled down a lot and the fire right near me died down and slowed down a bunch and isnt progressing much towards me

Thursday 8/20
Hennessey Fire is 190,078 acres per infrared flight yesterday + analysis by fire staff. The other LNU Lightning Complex fires (Gamble, Green, & Markley) have merged into Hennessey.

The map has lots of GIS overlays you can turn on/off/restack. Need help? Click "Map tips" upper left corner. There is also a ‘Legend’ link in the upper left corner.

Note! The map is still showing some ‘false positive’ satellite hotspots. That problem should fix itself mid-morning. For more information, click “Map tips” and read about the data.

Open GISsurfer map:
https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=38.448223,-122.103424&zoom=11&basemap=USA_basemap&overlay=VII RS_24_hours,MODIS_24_hours,Wildland_fire_name,ESRI _roads_and_labels&txtfile=https://mappingsupport.com/p2/special_maps/disaster/USA_wildland_fire.txt&fire=CA,LNULightningComplex

hennessey 08_20_2020_1 usa.jpg

I'd offer smoke pictures too. I'm outside of Georgetown with an empty 60'x60' flat spot if anyone needs to drop stuff off.

Oddly, my wife got ash rained on her in Georgetown proper while the house didn't get any:eek:

I have two staff evacuated right now, one from vacaville and another from outside Guerneville. At least the guy in Guerneville was able to just hook up to his house and drive away.

I'm in Fairfield, had to take yesterday off work because of evacuation orders. Never got the orders to evacuate but half the city did. Glad I wasn't trying to commute home when they shut the freeway down. Looks like the fire is moving north east now which is good(for us). That's usually the way the wind blows being on this side of the bay.

below so people know what fires are part of what complex
this is just for the fires in northern CA around the Bay Area

CZU August Lightning Complex Fire

San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties
Fires that started Sunday spread out of control Tuesday west of Skyline Boulevard in San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties. The largest of the fires is the August Fire. About 6,000 structures are threatened, according to CAL FIRE. Twenty homes have been destroyed, CAL FIRE said Wednesday night. Three firefighters have suffered non-life threatening injuries while fighting the fire in Santa Cruz County, the sheriff said.

Acres burned: 40,000
Containment: 0%

LNU Lightning Complex Fires

Napa, Sonoma, Solano, Yolo and Lake counties
The Lightning Complex is made up of the Hennessey, Gamble and other fires, which started in Napa County. They have since spread to Sonoma, Solano, Yolo and Lake Counties. The complex exploded in size from Tuesday to Wednesday to at least 131,000 acres. It is still 0% contained. So far, 70 structures have been damaged, 105 additional structures have been destroyed and 30,500 are threatened. See more on the size of the individual fires below.

Hennessey Fire
The fire in Napa County broke out near Hennessey Ridge Road and Chiles Pope Valley Road, east of St Helena, Monday morning and began to spread quickly. "Crews are dealing with rugged terrain, adverse weather, and unfavorable fire conditions," CAL Fire said in an update Monday. The area was hit by lightning Monday morning. (Note: The Hennessey Fire has merged with other nearby fires, previously referred to as Gamble, Green, Markley, Spanish and Morgan fires.)
Acres burned: 105,000

Aetna Fire:
The fire is burning in Napa County.
Acres burned: 4,500

Wallbridge Fire:
The fire is burning west of Healdsburg in Sonoma County.
Acres burned: 14,500

Meyers Fire:
The Meyers Fire is burning north of Jenner in Sonoma County.
Acres burned: 3,000

Round Fire:
The fire is in Sonoma County.
Acres burned: 4,000

Austin Fire/13-4 Fire
Several fires in western Sonoma County have forced the evacuation of 30,000 people along the Russian River, including Guerneville. The largest of them is called the Austin Fire or 13-4 Fire.

Acres burned: 1,500

SCU Lightning Complex Fires

Twenty different fires across several counties are broken into three zones: Deer Zone, Calaveras Zone and Canyon Zone. They have burned 85,000 acres combined so far. The fires are burning in steep, dry areas, making it challenging for firefighters to attack them. Lightning is the suspected cause in many of the fires.
Acres burned: 85,000
Containment: 5%

Deer Zone Fires
Contra Costa County
Includes the Marsh Fire, Palm Fire, Round Fire and Briones Fire

Calaveras Zone Fires
Santa Clara, Alameda and Stanislaus counties
Includes the Kilkare Fire, Arroyo Fire, Mill Creek Fire, Welch Fire, Ohlone Fire and Reservoir Fire

Canyon Zone Fires
San Joaquin and Stanislaus counties
Includes the Peg Leg Fire, Terraville Fire, Del Puerto Fire and Peach Fire

Woodward Fire

Marin County
A fire broke out Tuesday afternoon in Point Reyes National Seashore adjacent to the Woodward Trail. The fire was spreading west of Olema Wednesday.
Acres burned: 1,100

Last edited:
Reactions: Clb
Top Back Refresh