What's new

Calif Fires

For the Hennessey fire

The fire jumped Pleasants Valley Road just east of the Napa-Solano county line shortly before 2 a.m., approached English Hills by 4 a.m. and continued east into the Gibson Canyon area as of 5:45 a.m., the Vacaville Fire Protection District said in tweets.

Around 7:45 a.m., the Vacaville Police Department shared an evacuation map expanded to include hundreds of suburban homes just west of the Nut Tree Airport.

Neighborhoods north of Fruitvale Road, between Browns Valley and Gibson Canyon roads, are being evacuated, police say. Also being evacuated are: North Alamo, North Orchard and Cheyenne Estates.

woah, what?!? where was it?

I towed it to a friends on Sunday :homer:up out of boulder creek to have him install my new cross member and fab up an aluminum belly plate.

Bil is a firefighter in bonny doon where his/my sisters new house is. She evacuated just after dark and he stayed with the other firefighters and it sounds like they didn't even have a chance to save the neighborhood. Huge fire came up on 3 sides and they had to walk away from it.

I towed it to a friends on Sunday :homer:up out of boulder creek to have him install my new cross member and fab up an aluminum belly plate.

Bil is a firefighter in bonny doon where his/my sisters new house is. She evacuated just after dark and he stayed with the other firefighters and it sounds like they didn't even have a chance to save the neighborhood. Huge fire came up on 3 sides and they had to walk away from it.

Damn

here is the one near 2Big

EVACUATION ORDERS FOR SAN MATEO COUNTY:
  • Communities of Loma Mar and Dearborn Park Area (Zone SMC E018)
  • Pescadero Creek County Park Area (Zone SMC E024)
  • Butano Community Area (Zone SMC E098)
  • Butano State Park Area including Barranca Knolls Community (Zone SMC E019)
  • Butano Creek Drainage (Zone SMC E055)
  • South Skyline Blvd. Area near Highway 9 (SMC E049)
  • Russian Ridge Open Space Reserve Area (Zone SMC E027)
  • Middleton Tract Area (Zone SMC E044)
  • Portola Redwoods State Park and the Portola Heights Community Area (Zone SMC E048)

EVACUATION ORDERS FOR SANTA CRUZ COUNTY:
  • Waterman Gap Loop, Upper HWY 236, Boulder Creek Golf Course, Heartwood Hill, Lodge Road, Community of Little Basin, Lower China Grade, Upper China Grade, Community of Kings Hwy, Lower Jamison Creek, Gallion Heights, Fallen Leaf Neighborhood, Foxglove Lane (Zones CRZ10, CRZ13, BOU36, BOU20, BOU30, BOU31, BOU36, BOU37, BOU21)
  • Saratoga Toll Road, San Lorenzo Park, Riverside Grove-Community of Teilh Drive, Wildwood Road (BOU38, BOU39, BOU40, BOU41, BOU42, BOU43)
  • Everyone on Empire Grade Road, from Felton Empire north, all of Pine Flat Road, all of Ice Cream Grade, Bonny Doon Road, in between Pine Flat Road, Martin Road, and all associated side streets are under an evacuation order. (CRZ1, CRZ2, CRZ3, CRZ4, CRZ5, CRZ10, CRZ11, CRZ12, CRZ13, CRZ14, CRZ15)
  • Bonny Doon south of Ice Cream Grade, to include Pine Flat Road South is now under an evacuation order. (CRZ7, CRZ8)

EVACUATION WARNINGS FOR SANTA CRUZ COUNTY:
  • All areas adjacent to the Bonny Doon and San Lorenzo Valley should be prepared to evacuate if necessary. (CRZ7, CRZ8)

thanks for that. Just out of curiosity can you distance that from one side to the other its unbelievable how big of an area that is and the majority is cram packed with homed.

Not sure what you're talking about...Or where you're getting your information.

But I am pretty sure both are incorrect.

Unless I'm just misunderstanding.

I've been doing these GIS fire maps for about 10 years.
Here are links to NASA pages with info on 'false positive' hotspots.

https://landweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa....IP_18215&caseLocation=cases_data&action=small

https://landweb.modaps.eosdis.nasa...._2020199&caseLocation=cases_data&action=small

If you zoom in on the map I posted and look at Lake Berryessa you will see hotspots on the lake. Those are examples of 'false positive' hotspots.

Welp, looks like my crawler may be gone. Feel kinda petty being bummed over that when so many people are loosing homes, but fuck. That's what I get for not finishing it over 10 years. Off to email got propane and have them postpone my order till further notice.

Just because someone lost more, doesn't change your loss. Many people lost their lives in the fire here, but that doesn't change what we lost.

I still feel like the 4runner was the biggest loss for me. Not so much the money for the parts, but the time to assemble them all in the exact way that I wanted them.

Sucks, I guess there is actually no one to come relieve the crews that have been working the last 24hrs because the efforts are spread so thin.

Just because someone lost more, doesn't change your loss. Many people lost their lives in the fire here, but that doesn't change what we lost.

I still feel like the 4runner was the biggest loss for me. Not so much the money for the parts, but the time to assemble them all in the exact way that I wanted them.

Ugh, yeah. I'd almost rather lose my house than my jeep because someone else built my house, but I've got blood, sweat, and tears into the jeep.

Really sorry Shane. Hopefully you'll be able to be reimbursed somehow and if you need a buddy to stand around, drink beer, and offer up bad ideas while you start on a new one, I'm your guy.

On CD, Cassette or 8 track ?

https://youtu.be/SFEewD4EVwU

Ugh, yeah. I'd almost rather lose my house than my jeep because someone else built my house, but I've got blood, sweat, and tears into the jeep.

Really sorry Shane. Hopefully you'll be able to be reimbursed somehow and if you need a buddy to stand around, drink beer, and offer up bad ideas while you start on a new one, I'm your guy.

Sucks, I guess there is actually no one to come relieve the crews that have been working the last 24hrs because the efforts are spread so thin.

Ya, they are spread very thin. I have a feeling why the info is also been less accurate than usual.

The worst part is not knowing, there is always that sliver of hope that it survived. Unless your buddy literally saw his house go up.

Sorry to hear, hopefully you had insurance of some type.

It does make you appreciate things, but also not give a fuck about things at the same time.

I feel for those down wind of the "lets evac. The world" mentality, as they are doing on The Gamble fire surroundings...
Godspeed All.

The bonny doon fire is depressing. That's a huge beautiful area unlike anywhere else in the state.

lots of tankers on the fires around Berryessa
912 is the DC10
just dropped right around hiway 80 in Vacaville
taker 912_001.jpg

20200819_102427.jpg
Here is a picture taken at 10:30am in Dos Palos facing West. We've been getting ash fallout all day.
For those of you who live near the fires stay safe.

Yep. Fresno looks like China now with the air. Shit is strong enough to actually burn your throat a bit after a while outside. It looks like one of those gloomy winter days except its 100+ out as well.

Mrs cousin is in Vacaville east of Hwy 80, the fire just jumped 80. They’re bugging out 😕

Thanks for the links

*PAE that link you posted is amazing 🍺

Last edited:
Mrs cousin is in Vacaville east of Hwy 80, the fire just jumped 80. They’re bugging out 😕

Thanks for the links

Yup. One of my guys just called me to let me know he is being evacuated and wasn't sure if he's going to make it in tomorrow, such a considerate dummy.

We were also just contacted to use one of our facilities as an evac center.

We had ash on our cars this morning, woke up with a scratchy throat because we sleep with all the windows open when it's this hot because no AC. If this is just the beginning we are FUCKED:eek:

Why does everyone feel the need to share there "look how smoky it is here" pics? :rolleyes:

I've just never seen it like this here before and thought I'd share it with y'all. I can only imagine what it's like in the location of the actual fire.

Why does everyone feel the need to share there "look how smoky it is here" pics? :rolleyes:

We usually get smoke from these things every year, some years worse than others

We had ash on everything this morning, and we’re not close to any of the current fires 😕

same reason you posted a picture with just a little smoke in it
https://irate4x4.com/chit-chat/105334-calif-fires?p=106322#post106322

it is not how things normally should looks and can be concerning to others

You mean the Pic looking tight at the fire, that's only a few miles from my house? Then proceed to give information about the fire? :rolleyes:​​​​​​

Sorry if it get old to me, I know most people don't mean anything by it. But I think it would benefit people who are looking for information more if we didn't have these posts.

The whole state is probably smokey.

The pictures looks like something sent back from Mars. How eerie.

Top Back Refresh