What's new

Calif Fires

Just checking the map on the creek fire. Wasn't it... 2016 when the (north)east side of Bass Lake got hit with a major blaze? Or 2015 I forget now.

I recall whisky falls etc being in the path. There's a cabin up there that eluded a wildfire then, and I sure as shit don't want to hear it's going out of control (north)west this time either. I'm gonna get hurt if it does...

Here is a pic from mammoth pools last night

0CE9E4E4-7008-4241-B34E-8458F9F181DE.jpeg

+1 on yer an idiot!
If the prk falls into the Pacific, someone is gunna get flooded (both rising h2o AND fleeing snowflakes!)

this one truly went to 11 on the dial
was listed at 36K acres yesterday
when I do an area calc for the map below it come to about 134K:eek:

Click image for larger version Name:	creek 3_001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	451.1 KB ID:	124419

Last edited:
this one truly went to 11 on the dial
was listed at 36K acres yesterday
when I do an area calc for the map below it come to about 134K:eek:

Is that Little Shuteye in the upper left corner? If it burns west from there, I'm fucked. There goes the cabin.

Oh fuck. Beasore is under siege. Pristine sugar pine / cedar / sequoia forest is pure hot fuel and the cabins throughout the shadow of Little Shuteye, will be done. :frown:

Sierra fire peeps rescued.

Not socially distancing or masked.

ee1yHrz_d.webp

yes it is
here is a closer image of that area

As of 5:30 today it appears to not be that far west. Big Shuteye and Little Shuteye are still in the clear. The cabin is in betwixt the two, a little west northwest. Maybe it's just hot spot flare ups?

20200906_211148.png

As of 5:30 today it appears to not be that far west. Big Shuteye and Little Shuteye are still in the clear. The cabin is in betwixt the two, a little west northwest. Maybe it's just hot spot flare ups?

That map is not accurate as to what is burning. The heat maps as posted above are much more accurate.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/californ...=DM141800_09072020&s=acs&dkt_nbr=0101023v6yrq

California Fire Triggered by 'Gender-Reveal Fireworks'

A firework at a gender-reveal party triggered a wildfire in southern California that has destroyed 7,000 acres (2,800 hectares) and forced many residents to flee their homes, the fire department said Sunday.

More than 500 firefighters and four helicopters were battling the El Dorado blaze east of San Bernardino, which started Saturday morning, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) said.

Residents of several communities in the area have been ordered to evacuate.

"CAL FIRE Law Enforcement has determined the El Dorado Fire, burning near Oak Glen in San Bernardino County, was caused by a smoke generating pyrotechnic device, used during a gender reveal party," Cal Fire said on Twitter.

"Those responsible for starting fires due to negligence or illegal activity can be held financially and criminally responsible," it warned.

Gender-reveal parties are held during pregnancy to unveil the sex of the expected child, sometimes announced by pink or blue smoke fireworks.

With hot and dry conditions, California has suffered a particularly busy fire season this year, with more than 1.6 million acres destroyed so far, including in three of the biggest blazes in the state's history.

In northern California, more than 200 people had to be airlifted to safety over the weekend after a fast-moving wildfire trapped them near the Mammoth Pool Reservoir northeast of Fresno.

The Creek Fire, which started on Friday in steep and rugged terrain, has so far spread to 45,500 acres, according to the US Forest Service, making it one of the largest blazes.

A rapidly-spreading fire near San Diego, Valley Fire, has so far spread to 10,000 acres and destroyed 11 structures, Cal Fire said.

Record temperatures over the three-day Labor Day weekend have aggravated already dangerous fire conditions and further stressed exhausted California firefighters.

Temperatures reaching more than 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 Celsius) were forecast for the Los Angeles area on Monday.

Keep in mind as was mentioned by Jelf during other fires.
the heat signatures from the satellites can be off in multiple directions.
the heat source will generally fall in the larger red circle which is 1Km for terra and auqa and 375m for viirs
also the heat source does not need to be on the ground, in very hot and large fires it can be picking up heat from the smoke plum itself.

Smoke is making it clear up to Washington!!!!
Why can’t these fires ever burn Hollywood to the ground????
Imagine Cali’s carbon footprint!!!!!

Smoke is making it clear up to Washington!!!!
Why can’t these fires ever burn Hollywood to the ground????
Imagine Cali’s carbon footprint!!!!!

Worry about your own area for the next several days. Single digit humidity and 15-30 MPH winds make a tinderbox. Fingers crossed the holiday campers don't start a fire so their crotch goblins can have a smore.

Top Back Refresh