What's new

Blue Jeep build

It's a 4-door sir.

And I just ordered the Mopar half doors for it......with the soft windows and inner panels. Fuck me those things ain't cheap. I had to talk myself into pulling the trigger. They're going to sit in the corner until after this hunk of shit runs.

Also ordered all the hose I need to plumb this thing. XRP ProPlus for most of everything, except for the soft brake lines which is Speed-flex PTFE. Then I got silicone Fire Jacket to protect all the hoses with.

The fact'try half doors are the coolest option a fella can get sir. My buddies at the streetrod shop kept the template for my inner door panels if'n ya wanna get shed of the plastic shit. Be on your own for the back ones tho.

Please ... PLEASE ... post up a picture of somethin' Kevin. Give me a reason to keep comin' to this chit-chat forum. :shaking:

Who did you buy the panels from?
They're not in stock anywhere that I can find.
NR4x4 has them for ~$1400.

Who did you buy the panels from?
They're not in stock anywhere that I can find.
NR4x4 has them for ~$1400.

The inner door panels?

I ordered from moparpartsgiant.com .

It was about $250 for the fronts and the same for the rears.
I just got a email saying they will ship FedEx truck freight and I'll get a phone call to make an appointment for delivery. Well, I ain't home to answer the phone or be there when FedEx guy shows up. I replied to ask if they can just have FedEx leave the boxes at my house, if not I'll have to cancel my order.
My next door neighbor always brings in fedex and ups boxes that show up when I'm gone. Hell, they've had a key to my house for 20 years, and have brought in probably 90% of my Jeep parts by now.

The fact'try half doors are the coolest option a fella can get sir. My buddies at the streetrod shop kept the template for my inner door panels if'n ya wanna get shed of the plastic shit. Be on your own for the back ones tho.

Please ... PLEASE ... post up a picture of somethin' Kevin. Give me a reason to keep comin' to this chit-chat forum. :shaking:

I did order the plastic shit, but would rather have a set of alum inner like you did. Not sure what it would take to have a matching rear set made short of sending them a rear half door. Hell, I'd be willing to send them a rear door when I get home.

Hell, I'd be willing to send them a rear door when I get home.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody in Cheyenne that has the fact'ry rear half doors they could use as a template so shippin' yours might be a good gig.

Give me a heads up if'n ya decide to do it and I'll call 'em up to pave the way. Or I can PM you the contact info if'n ya prefer.

Mine are sheetmetal. Not sure if'n they could crank out a set in aluminum.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody in Cheyenne that has the fact'ry rear half doors they could use as a template so shippin' yours might be a good gig.

Give me a heads up if'n ya decide to do it and I'll call 'em up to pave the way. Or I can PM you the contact info if'n ya prefer.

Mine are sheetmetal. Not sure if'n they could crank out a set in aluminum.

I'll touch base with you when I get home. Alum....sheet metal.....both of those aren't plastic, so that's a win.:grinpimp:

The inner door panels?

I ordered from moparpartsgiant.com .

It was about $250 for the fronts and the same for the rears.
I just got a email saying they will ship FedEx truck freight and I'll get a phone call to make an appointment for delivery. Well, I ain't home to answer the phone or be there when FedEx guy shows up. I replied to ask if they can just have FedEx leave the boxes at my house, if not I'll have to cancel my order.
My next door neighbor always brings in fedex and ups boxes that show up when I'm gone. Hell, they've had a key to my house for 20 years, and have brought in probably 90% of my Jeep parts by now.

Sorry, meant the door shells. The plastic pieces-parts, I was just going to shop around later. Thanks for the tip on where to shop.

Not much of an update but, I ordered all the fuel, engine oil, trans, accusump, coolers, brake, AC, heater, hydraulic hoses and "most" of the fittings to plumb this thing. I also got their "fire jacket" to cover all the hoses in. Everything is XRP, except for the AC fittings. Those ended up being Aeroquip.

That shit adds up quick. Got me some crimping to do when I get home.:smokin:

Last edited:
I bet that was some serious coin for sure. :eek:

When you back home? Might be passin' back through middle of next month with a jeep that actually runs. :flipoff2:

Looking like middle to end of March right now. Way longer hitch than I like to do. I usually start getting retarded after 60 days. This one is going to be 120-130 days.

Also found out that the owner of the company that I'm working for....................died last night. So there's that thrown into the mix.

Also found out that the owner of the company that I'm working for....................died last night. So there's that thrown into the mix.

Hopefully the company has protocols / tools / ppl in place to deal.

Hopefully the company has protocols / tools / ppl in place to deal.

I'd hope you're right. But being a company based in Jakarta that was run by an Indian.............I have my doubts. His son has been working with him, I've heard he's going to step up to the big chair.

I figure we'll hear something official in a week or so.

This job is all but over finally. Decompressing the divers for another 4 days and plane tickets to follow. I think I'm on day 106.

Lots of new parts waiting at home to install.

I read I'll have to have a negative covid test in hand when I return. Luckily, I'll get one for free as soon as I hit the beach. Have to have it before flying to jakarta.

Good I need another jeep thread to read. I'm glad you are doing well and finally coming home.

Divers finish decompressing tomorrow (8th). We're still waiting for the testing vessel to show up and pressure test the lines from the FPU (floating production unit). We're told the vessel will arrive on the 9th and should only take 12hrs to get the lines up on test pressure and stabilized. I assume they can do both lines at the same time, but my experience tells me pressuring up lines that are 34km long and starts from the surface and ends at 1500m (4921ft) will take days to get up to pressure and stabilize.

Maybe around the 15th? I really have no fucking clue.

Reckon I'll be Eastbound and passing by on the 21st with my jeep and lil' trailer.

If'n you're home by then, maybe I'll stop by and criticize your work some more. :flipoff2:

Reckon I'll be Eastbound and passing by on the 21st with my jeep and lil' trailer.

If'n you're home by then, maybe I'll stop by and criticize your work some more. :flipoff2:

Hell ya, sounds good to me. By the 21st I will have gone with plan B and just got myself ran off anyway.

Finally made it to the beach. Got the Covid PCR test done. Waiting on itenery for flights home. Every piece and part I have ordered while offshore has been delivered to the house.

I'm gonna pretend like I don't know your address. :evil:

You sell this thang? :flipoff2:

He's been working a lot, probably got fat and lazy.... :flipoff2:

Nope, haven't sold it, never going to sell it. There are many piles of shit but this one is mine. And, I was fat and lazy when I started the build, so no change there. :flipoff2:

I've been busy on it. Trying to knock out all the things that need to be done while the body is still on the frame. Not really much to take pictures of though.

Got my suspension links ordered from Bent Fab. All heat treated 4130.

Thedirtman hooked me up with his buddy who's making me a custom set of steering arms for my knuckles. I can't use straight arms, cause they hit the shocks and I want some Ackermann in the steering.

This is what I was dealing with. You can see the chunk I had to cut out of the straight arm to clear the shock (bypass). Under the arm is the drawing I made of how the new arms needed to kick out.

DSC01378.JPG

With the new shape I'll get a good amount of Ackermann for my wheelbase, it will clear the shock and I'll still have 45* steering on the inside tire. The outside tire will be a little less due to the Ackermann.

DSC01375.JPG

Changed my plan of using the little bellows for axle vents. Started thinking that if I get a leak in one of the air lockers, the bellows will get to a point where I'd start blowing oil pasted the seals. Figured that wasn't a great idea. So I got a couple little breathers and a pair of rollover valves to use.

DSC01379.JPG

Mounted the rear breather up at the top of the shock tower. The picture makes it look like it's right next to the shock, it's actually behind it a ways. If water gets that high........I've sunk the Jeep. Found a good spot on the firewall for the front one, but I can't mount it until strip everything down for painting.

DSC01380.JPG

Got the valve and hardline installed for the accusump. From the bulkhead fitting to the engine will be -10an hose. There's a small bracket welded to the floor that the valve bolts to.

DSC01381.JPG

Got a bunch of other dumb stuff done but not worth taking pictures of.

Got the passenger side of the lower firewall cut back so the tire wouldn't rub. Was getting a half inch or so of contact, now I have a couple inches of clearance. There's really nothing left to cut out now, pretty much straight up from the body mount.

DSC01399.JPG

DSC01398.JPG

No rubbing at full lock and full stuff.

DSC01413.JPG

DSC01414.JPG

DSC01415.JPG

DSC01418.JPG

DSC01419.JPG

You can also see in the pic above that I had some construction paper inner fenders mocked up to check clearance. That's up next.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh