What's new

Big Dumb Loads

the ironic thing is
that old Ford will still be on the road then the 5th wheel turns to mush and is scrapped
Yep
The model Ts will last forever

I’m amazed by how many Model A’s are still operable 95 years later

And they don’t rust out too bad either.

Saw this T last week
IMG_1582.jpeg
IMG_1581.jpeg

Florida will chase down u hauls and every rental box truck if they don’t pull into the scale .

And I’ve never seen the Florida scales closed , ever . The Georgia scale three miles back up the interstate is closed half the time but the Florida scale is never closed and they always got some Ryder or Penske box truck pulled over for not stopping in

I’ve gone through the woods, uh , I mean swamp , a couple times to dodge the Florida scale when I had a 3/4 ton pickup pulling a 28 foot box trailer with a gvwr of 9,999 but weighed 13k with no title or tag for the trailer .
i had my 36' trailer with 2 hummers on it and never slowed down in florida.

So what did it bring?

I need an old grain truck that smells of mouse piss. Need to get my offers right.
scrap is only $120 a ton here right now. old girl brought $672

it was a shame to scrap it. I am sure the bed would be worth that much to someone. but I didn't have a place to store it and part it out

Florida will chase down u hauls and every rental box truck if they don’t pull into the scale .

And I’ve never seen the Florida scales closed , ever . The Georgia scale three miles back up the interstate is closed half the time but the Florida scale is never closed and they always got some Ryder or Penske box truck pulled over for not stopping in

I’ve gone through the woods, uh , I mean swamp , a couple times to dodge the Florida scale when I had a 3/4 ton pickup pulling a 28 foot box trailer with a gvwr of 9,999 but weighed 13k with no title or tag for the trailer .

Not clear if you are just referring to box trucks. Ive rented U hauls trailers and never stopped at scales. I’ve also seen many a scale closed. More so in recent years. Someone told me the DOT has portable scales now and they run the roads, picking and choosing which trucks to harass. Maybe you are just unlucky.

Not sure if it was dumb but hauled that L700 Ford grain truck to the scrapper today. Truck weighed 11,200. Gross weight was 25,960. Couple thousand over my plates
FUUUUUUUU!!!!:laughing:
We need to interact on a direct basis if you come across shit like this, I have lots of acres and love buying stuff at scrap price! Paola isn't that far. :beer: Putting together another grain truck right now, that bed looked legit if it had a floor in it.

We need to interact on a direct basis if you come across shit like this, I have lots of acres and love buying stuff at scrap price! Paola isn't that far. :beer: Putting together another grain truck right now, that bed looked legit if it had a floor in it.
it did. metal floor, sides were 48" and metal and good shape. if i had known you were looking I would have hauled it to your place instead.

Call the scrap yard and see how much they want for it.

Not sure if it was dumb but hauled that L700 Ford grain truck to the scrapper today. Truck weighed 11,200. Gross weight was 25,960. Couple thousand over my plates
You're killing me. I would have loved to have that thing.

Top Back Refresh