What's new

Big Dumb Loads

yup
it might be "at or over" so the 10k plated truck on its own has to
I've seen car-plated SUVs with 20' enclosed trailers pulled over for driving by without stopping
That's crazy as hell.

There would be a line here 5 miles long to get across the scales if every 3/4 & 1 ton truck had to cross.

Wut???
Explain please.

I forsee....

:lmao: what a awesome idea screwsome evidently had

That's crazy as hell.

There would be a line here 5 miles long to get across the scales if every 3/4 & 1 ton truck had to cross.
They have lights to direct you past the scale house if you are clearly noncommercial or whatever subjective and arbitrary thing, so there's usually only a line of like 8 trucks waiting at a time.
It's also only been open three or four times in the couple thousand times I've driven past so far

always remember, they're paid to inconvenience you, not to help in any manner shape or form

Jeep got jerky momently before the tire coming loose. I can’t see why?

EDIT: I went on YouTube app to read transcript. Says Jeep was swerving to try avoid flying lug nuts from the trailer.

yup
it might be "at or over" so the 10k plated truck on its own has to
I've seen car-plated SUVs with 20' enclosed trailers pulled over for driving by without stopping
Not around here. I've driving from northern Ohio to Florida (interstate 75) and not 1 weigh station open. Actually its been quite some time since I've actually seen one open. :laughing:

Not around here. I've driving from northern Ohio to Florida (interstate 75) and not 1 weigh station open. Actually its been quite some time since I've actually seen one open. :laughing:
I've seen a fair amount open in florida.
they're almost never open here anymore.
Pretty sure the RFID pre pass thingy for trucks did that. Now there's just big RFID readers over the road where the weigh stations are.

not always. It depend on how it was built. Most are noodly, though.
Anything longer than 16~18 feet, I bet you’d be surprised how much they twist and flex, no matter what brand no matter what weight rating. And that’s not a knock against them. It’s not only expected, it’s planned for if it has been designed at all. Semi trailers, it is definitely designed around. They build pre loaded bow into 48 foot deck overs because of the known anticipated weight. So that when loaded it’s mostly flat and not concave, but when empty it’s convex. It doesn’t concern me at all to look in the mirror and see my trailers conforming to whatever situation I’m forcing it through.
i piece of 6" pipe right down the center will take the noodle action right out.
That’s how wedges are made, one long torque tube from tip to tail.

Anything longer than 16~18 feet, I bet you’d be surprised how much they twist and flex, no matter what brand no matter what weight rating. And that’s not a knock against them. It’s not only expected, it’s planned for if it has been designed at all. Semi trailers, it is definitely designed around. They build pre loaded bow into 48 foot deck overs because of the known anticipated weight. So that when loaded it’s mostly flat and not concave, but when empty it’s convex. It doesn’t concern me at all to look in the mirror and see my trailers conforming to whatever situation I’m forcing it through.

That’s how wedges are made, one long torque tube from tip to tail.
my 36' will twist like crazy.

My 26’ enclosed flexes pretty significantly. Freedom trailers don’t seem to be the best built ones out there, fyi.

My 28ft equip trailer doesn't flex. 10" I-beam, pierced frame, torque tube.

The other trailers are noodles built just enough to get the job done.
Quoting this for when you're bitching about popped stitch welds :flipoff2:

my 40' goose waves all over the place. I can see the twist going down the road. I assume it's 'engineered' that way. :laughing:

Screenshot_20230819_113327.jpg

Top Back Refresh