What's new

Big Dumb Loads

_nc_ohc=RkDYMlRu4yMAX9ehNwc&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

Armada doesn’t look that dumb? I’m confused about the fenders on the trailer more than anything

The entire trailer is junk. Looks like he cut up an RV trailer. Angle iron that small isn't going to make for a very stable platform for a car trailer. It's actually bowed up over the axles.

I'm considering printing this one and would love to know any story behind it.
It's 1913 and Ezekiel _sidewards is hauling, what he considers, a small log to the mill.
He was stopped by the DOT man for having an unsecured load.
The DOT man wrote him a ticket for no "log" book.

Get it? Log book!

You talk shit, but I bet he's havin more fun in life than us
No shit talking.

I know it’s just a picture. When he went to a stop, it was down right scary. That much of an angle on the tow vehicle takes much needed weight off the steer wheels, which also affects braking.

He was more of a hazard than he had to be. He seriously needed to position the load better as he was exceeding the tongue weight and possibly the tow capacity.

Never mind no right brake light on the trailer and the trailer isn’t exactly “tip top”.

No shit talking.

I know it’s just a picture. When he went to a stop, it was down right scary. That much of an angle on the tow vehicle takes much needed weight off the steer wheels, which also affects braking.

He was more of a hazard than he had to be. He seriously needed to position the load better as he was exceeding the tongue weight and possibly the tow capacity.
Weight dist hitch would help him out.

That model Liberty wasn't made as a diesel, at least not in the US.
Kinda wondering if the second generation, if you will, even had the CRD option. A farmer around here loved them and used to have them. They were light and could run farm fuel (not legally) so his hands didn’t tear everything up. Don’t know that they lasted very long out there though.

Wtf.

They deliver when you buy fuel in bulk. Sometimes right to the field.

:homer:
Custom cutting/harvesting crew? Working on the weekend, fuel delivery didn't show and didn't have time to wait until Monday?
Or, closer to the gas station than the tanks at the farm and the price is close enough to not matter?

Aaron Z

Nah we drag fuel tanks around to put into power units or tractors. It’s cheaper than paying extra for the fuel for them to deliver.

It would make sense if the tow vehicle was gas powered and needing fuel.

Edit: just went back to see the pumps in the tank too. Guess he is filling up with farm fuel. We always had a large tank (3 tanker loads) to store fuel at the shop.

Top Back Refresh