What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Screenshot_20240829_204239.jpg

You bet Ag-460. They don't have a ton of travel so they don't articulate super good and they sway a ton the short loggers that pull wagons don't like them because they lean really bad. Although not as bad as the original kw 8 bag that shit was horrible with a gravel box on the truck sway enough to make a guy seasick.
They bounce your teeth out and bruise your kidneys empty, but it’s hard to beat an old Hendrickson for doing work.

They bounce your teeth out and bruise your kidneys empty, but it’s hard to beat an old Hendrickson for doing work.
My dad had a grain truck that had the Hendrickson rubber block and I took it down a highway that was concrete pavement, over about 45/50mph the poor drives were air born over the expansion joints couldn't go faster if I wanted.

I have never thought to spin a coil spring inside of another coil spring, those crazy Russians did. :laughing:
I've been doing that for storage of machpherson strut style springs with straight ends for about a decade. :laughing:

Never thought to do it on the car though. I might actually try it because why not. Maybe I'll throw a little retainer around the top and bottom spring seats so it can't fuck off sideways even if it wants to.

Way easier than making new seats for TTB springs like I was planning on.

I've been doing that for storage of machpherson strut style springs with straight ends for about a decade. :laughing:

Never thought to do it on the car though. I might actually try it because why not. Maybe I'll throw a little retainer around the top and bottom spring seats so it can't fuck off sideways even if it wants to.

Way easier than making new seats for TTB springs like I was planning on.

I guess that would get you a verible spring rate.

It's sad, something like that used to be a really fringe hippy thing, or on drugs a choice to stay out of the system, now the system is so fucked people do it out of desperation or on drugs

I can't poke fun of shit like that, especially while Illegals are getting put up in hotels and getting 30k grants to buy houses
FIFY

They really fucked the pooch replacing the V8 with the TT V6.
They’re literally incapable of getting passable fuel economy out of a big NA V8. After 20yr of failure on that front the EPA noose got a little too tight and they finally threw in the towel.

Top Back Refresh