What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Screenshot_20240817_195729.jpg

Yes, but as a driver, you take responsibility as soon as you go on the road, especially cdl shit. If you work somewhere that is constantly asking you to do illegal shit, you need to find a new job.

You can't get a permit for a reducable load like concrete or gravel.

I've never hear the argument about the road not handling extra wieght, just that the truck isn't rated for it.
If you look on the ny dot website they do have a term overweight permit available for concrete, gravel, garbage trucks not sure what they are allowed but I am guessing he may have been over permitted weight and that voids the permit.

I've heard both. I think most people "in the business" will know what you mean if you say 2 axle or single axle, but I'm guessing most that aren't will picture a single screw when you say 2 axle?
Bob tail (single rear axle), 10 wheelers, super 10 (tag in front of rear duals), or super tag (tag in rear of duals) is the “industry” terms in California

The ticket he got instead stopped his truck from damaging the road.
Well he was lower in weight. You see they took a few 100 bills out of his wallet and he was good on the scales after that
Bob tail (single rear axle), 10 wheelers, super 10 (tag in front of rear duals), or super tag (tag in rear of duals) is the “industry” terms in California
Speaking of California, that 55mph thing for trailers kills me.

If you look on the ny dot website they do have a term overweight permit available for concrete, gravel, garbage trucks not sure what they are allowed but I am guessing he may have been over permitted weight and that voids the permit.

Sorry if this comes out as Kamala Harris nonsense but: 66,000 on the manufacturers door card for 3 axles. After permit 72,000 isn’t uncommon in NY. To get to 80,000 they want a steerable drop axle. It helps to have 315s on rears instead of 11R22.5s. Sometimes 425s on front instead of 315. Needs 9” rim 16-22.5 ton is what you’d ballpark haul. Front axles almost always sitting at 19,500-20,000 regardless of loaded or empty.

5 axle walking floors go to 102k with permit

FE177823-39E0-430B-ADDE-0122098D8EDC.jpeg

bobtail is a tractor of any config without a trailer, anywhere...

the blanket overweights here in NY are pretty mind boggling, gotta have roots in the NYC refuse scene. Lots of folks here upstate earn a lot of income from those city haulers running trash up here. Saw one of those trucks this week at a shop where I was picking up waste oil [for shop heat] that had 94,000 gvw on the door. NY tags.

the blanket overweights here in NY are pretty mind boggling, gotta have roots in the NYC refuse scene. Lots of folks here upstate earn a lot of income from those city haulers running trash up here. Saw one of those trucks this week at a shop where I was picking up waste oil [for shop heat] that had 94,000 gvw on the door. NY tags.
Lots of interesting wheelbase/specs on those nyc trucks. Some macks are good for 52-56k on just the tandem rears

I can show you at least two around here that don't. they're also known for shorting loads so you have to pay for a second truck.
here you get a ticket with your load
net, tare or something like that (I'm not a trucker) but it has the weight
now, is the scale accurate? that is a different question

It was explained to me that with or without permit that you could not go over the weight that the tires were good for. Exceed tire weight , get put out of service , overweight but under tire weight , then pay fine and get permit then carry on . When a concrete truck is spilling out the back, more than likely it’s overloaded ,” but if we just add a yard or so to this load then we won’t have to send another truck” is what we normally see here in fl

20ft trailer?

Wheelbase on camper?
Yes, 20' trailer. Not sure on the WB... looks like ~12'? Not sure on the weight either... it's full of bullshit though. Had to snatch block the winch cable once the back started digging into the earth and the rear tires started climbing the ramps.

Ever seen Michigan permitted weights?

94K is child's play.

Top Back Refresh