What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Going to suck to chip that out.

tumblr_7eb32c17c713f08293dfaf55cd06defa_9bd335b5_640.gif

They couldn't drive it away overweight but the DOT has no problem with all that extra weight behind a heavy wrecker that probably weights as much. :rasta:

Yup, that makes perfect sense in the public saftey aspect of why they stopped the truck to begin with and has nothing to do with generating revenue..... :shaking:

Don't they carry retarder or sugar to kill the batch for situations like this and mechanical breakdown?

Don't they carry retarder or sugar to kill the batch for situations like this and mechanical breakdown?

As long as the truck still runs and the drum still turns. Blow an engine or something in the trans so the PTO doesn't work anymore and all the retarder in the world won't help.

They couldn't drive it away overweight but the DOT has no problem with all that extra weight behind a heavy wrecker that probably weights as much. :rasta:

Yup, that makes perfect sense in the public saftey aspect of why they stopped the truck to begin with and has nothing to do with generating revenue..... :shaking:

It was over on pirate a member was a cement truck driver. I believe it was at a scalehouse. He was a few hundred pounds over, dumped the water tank but they still made him sit there and wait for a tow.

Somebody do the math on how much the weight increased on the rear cement truck axles when the front was lifted by the tow truck.

Last edited:

"hurr durr muh weaar and tear on the roads"

"so why send two trucks?"

It's one of those things where if they don't make the penalty harsh, every driver will go over. It's already common on shit like dump trucks where it's not always easy to know what you wiegh.

18k is fucking way over for a concrete truck that knows exactly how much he's supposed to carry.

Concrete drivers are usually the dumbest fucks out there, they're the last guys you want running around overloaded. :laughing:

It's one of those things where if they don't make the penalty harsh, every driver will go over. It's already common on shit like dump trucks where it's not always easy to know what you wiegh.

18k is fucking way over for a concrete truck that knows exactly how much he's supposed to carry.

Concrete drivers are usually the dumbest fucks out there, they're the last guys you want running around overloaded. :laughing:

The driver didn't load the truck, boss man at the batch plant did and knows exactly how much went in there. Batch guy rolled the dice and unfortunately lost so can you really blame the driver in that case?

The driver didn't load the truck, boss man at the batch plant did and knows exactly how much went in there. Batch guy rolled the dice and unfortunately lost so can you really blame the driver in that case?

Yes, as the driver you're always responsible. You drive the truck every day with 8 yards of concrete, you should fucking know what it feels like when there is 13 in it :laughing:

Not to mention most places have scales and/or tickets you grab on your way out.

I can see being a little over, but 18k is a lot in a truck that's probably only supposed to gross 60k.

Yes, as the driver you're always responsible. You drive the truck every day with 8 yards of concrete, you should fucking know what it feels like when there is 13 in it :laughing:

I can see being a little over, but 18k is a lot in a truck that's probably only supposed to gross 60k.
This
I have never seen a mix plant that didn't have a scale between the work in the pit and the road

18 K over is nothing, all he needed was a permit, then magically the roads would’ve been so much stronger. The brakes would’ve worked 18 K betterer.

I once loaded a truck to 26k gvw then added 26k more :lmao: it was FINE! :flipoff2:

Although the roads being wet may have kept the rear tires from melting, every time I stopped they dried in seconds.

Top Back Refresh