What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Screenshot_20240823_073444.jpg

I’m not surprised but… looks like the boat is connected to the sxs hitch. The sxs is tied down to the trailer with one strap through the floor boards? A lot less wiggle than I figured there would be. The boat is probably heavier than the sxs/trailer so it’s only a matter of time before the tail wags the dog there

Well I can say this weighs in at 7500 lbs plus trailer weight. Nothing too crazy but could fall under dumb with no trailer brakes (that I know of). That is 1000 t post and whatever else is sitting on the trailer.
IMG_6358.jpeg

Pulls decent for something rated at 3500lbs huh. Just dont climd under there and watch the cross member flex when you take the weight off the tounge cranking the jack.

Pulls decent for something rated at 3500lbs huh. Just dont climd under there and watch the cross member flex when you take the weight off the tounge cranking the jack.
Love the standard transmission but that is also what I wanted. My only downside is without crawl, 1st gear wasn’t happy about taking off with that heavy load. I would slip the clutch a bit if taking off uphill. It likes to rev when power is needed. Super slow until boost builds (maybe all eco boost fords are like that?).

But yes, was and have been very impressed. It a fun little rig to drive and way more reliable for my wife to drive than the jeep I traded in on it. She looked at me and said “you’re going to break it the first day I get it aren’t you.” I told her if it can’t haul anything I need around, then we don’t need it. I would put the same load on my little Nissan but it would hate it worse.

Saw a newer dually and gooseneck with an s-85 genie boom lift on it.

I had hauled an s-65, which I knew was ~24k lbs. Google said around 38k lbs :eek:

Sorry for no pic:homer:
Saw a 550 hauling a Hitachi 200 on tri axle gooseneck yesterday. ~23 tons plus trailer.

Plus no oversize banner or pilot. Might of had skinny or cut track pads though., common to keep it under 10.5ft.

110,000lbs or so yarder with a 50 foot tower, towered up so I could get pushed up a shitty road. KW 8 bag suspension doesn't like off highway weights the bags were at 120 psi and that's all they could lift.
IMG_20170306_111032.jpg IMG_20170306_110816.jpg
Ag-460 I’m assuming? They articulate well off-road, but Neway holds weight better, my 52k Neway is great until you’re empty trying to climb up off-road, hell bobtail I have to fully lock the rears to get into some parking lots lol.

Ag-460 I’m assuming? They articulate well off-road, but Neway holds weight better, my 52k Neway is great until you’re empty trying to climb up off-road, hell bobtail I have to fully lock the rears to get into some parking lots lol.
You bet Ag-460. They don't have a ton of travel so they don't articulate super good and they sway a ton the short loggers that pull wagons don't like them because they lean really bad. Although not as bad as the original kw 8 bag that shit was horrible with a gravel box on the truck sway enough to make a guy seasick.

Top Back Refresh