What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Not all, but I see planty of farmers driving brand new trucks.
Don't forget $43K side by sides

1721682526246.png

This add made me think of that ticket

112k ex
6k thumb and plumbing?
35k trailer
25k truck
??????????
Less axles.

Damn close to that 180k mark, not too far away.

1721772655590.jpeg

Vermont is really fucking cheap when it comes to roads. They have the wealth and density to pave shit the way NH or WMA does but they just do gravel and really shitty state highways :laughing:
Stay at your desk, computer boy.

The state uses X amount of money for paving state roads per year, what's not used is trickled down to towns, if they are lucky to get it, it's usually enough to pave about a mile.

The interstates are typically on a 10 year rotation of mill and fill section by section. The money is not there to box cut ~2700 miles of state roads. Let alone box cutting roads may shut off food supply/access to towns. The interstates are in pretty good shape with exception to wheel ruts on long pulling hills. State surface roads can suck. Most need a box cut, but that artificial money you parrot about doesn't exist here. Freeze thaw kicks a roads ass, especially when they were built a century ago. The proper depth of gravel below just isn't there.

I think the roads in Vermont are way better than the roads I lived around in PA. Hell, most of the dirt roads here are smoother than York’s streets.

They’re also pretty quick about things here, they stripped a few miles of Danby pawlet rd in one day and repaved it the next. Rutland though, they’ve been dragging ass on that rt 7 & 4 repave.
There's a lot of drainage there. Eats up a lot of time.

The state uses X amount of money for paving state roads per year, what's not used is trickled down to towns, if they are lucky to get it, it's usually enough to pave about a mile... blah, blah, blah, bunch of excuses

Maine has a substantially lower population density and is poorer per capita and has way better infrastructure, generally on par with North Western MA or Northern NH, even way out in BFE.

I'm inclined to blame the dysfunction that results in your dollars going less distance on the tourism economy (and it's tendency to drive out people worth a shit) which is more or less all encompassing in VT whereas Maine still has some semblance of a normal economy in parts.

Exactly as TiTRD mentioned above. My black top road is in such bad shape and the town only has enough money this year to fix 1 mile (not the worst part:mad3::mad3:) and piss patch the rest. But at least we have a brand new rec. center!:flipoff:

Maine has a substantially lower population density and is poorer per capita and has way better infrastructure, generally on par with North Western MA or Northern NH, even way out in BFE.

I'm inclined to blame the dysfunction that results in your dollars going less distance on the tourism economy (and it's tendency to drive out people worth a shit) which is more or less all encompassing in VT whereas Maine still has some semblance of a normal economy in parts.
Less population = less grant $. Also no toll roads. Tourism goes to private industry less fuel tax and sales tax.

Less population = less grant $.

Excuses excuses. And a fuckton less area and road miles, even after you write off the 1/3 or Maine that is private wood industry stuff.
Also no toll roads.
Maine has exactly one toll road.

At the end of the day the most flattering excuse you're going to Vermonters being worse at turning the money they extracted from New Yorkers into things that improve their standard of living than Mainers are at doing that with money they extracted from Massholes.

Tourism goes to private industry less fuel tax and sales tax.

You have structured your economy around being an open air museum/freak show for a bunch of assholes from NYC for 6mo of the year. This keeps your poor and stupid because it mostly drives off people who don't wanna just keep perpetuating it.

Not that Maine doesn't have tourism, it just still has some other shit to hopefully balance a little of it out.

I know Maine is a bigger state, but it seems all concentrated along the coast. I was surprised they had that much more road miles than Vermont & New Hampshire. IMG_8720.png

Excuses excuses. And a fuckton less area and road miles, even after you write off the 1/3 or Maine that is private wood industry stuff.

Maine has exactly one toll road.

At the end of the day the most flattering excuse you're going to Vermonters being worse at turning the money they extracted from New Yorkers into things that improve their standard of living than Mainers are at doing that with money they extracted from Massholes.

You have structured your economy around being an open air museum/freak show for a bunch of assholes from NYC for 6mo of the year. This keeps your poor and stupid because it mostly drives off people who don't wanna just keep perpetuating it.

Not that Maine doesn't have tourism, it just still has some other shit to hopefully balance a little of it out.
You sound quite pro government. Stay at your desk in the Communistwealth.

This pulled up besides me today as I was eating lunch. I sound all weird cause this bark dust from Chinese Camp is getting to me. Funny as hell tho, CHP looked over at me, put his arms up and mouthed WTF? I just laughed……🤣🤣
Didn't pluck the strap and say that ain't going nowhere.

Top Back Refresh