What's new

Big Dumb Loads

IMG_8253.jpeg

Arse_sidewards bought a boat in Texas for a deal he couldn't refuse and that's how he's getting it back to Massachusetts. If he manages to get back in 5 days or less he's only into the rental for $100 + insurance and the cost of fuel. I'm sure he could come up with a reasonable explanation as to how he put almost 4k miles on the truck in 5 days driving "around town" :lmao:

^^^ My uncle drives a milk truck and he said DOT won't fuck with them. They know they are overloaded and they look the other way.
Government subsidies make that industry run as we know it. Half of the farms in VT are 360 degree surrounded by 8-10 ton roads. Now what VT reallly really gets sensitive about is the covered bridges.

Government subsidies make that industry run as we know it. Half of the farms in VT are 360 degree surrounded by 8-10 ton roads. Now what VT reallly really gets sensitive about is the covered bridges.
Vermont is really fucking cheap when it comes to roads. They have the wealth and density to pave shit the way NH or WMA does but they just do gravel and really shitty state highways :laughing:

Vermont is really fucking cheap when it comes to roads. They have the wealth and density to pave shit the way NH or WMA does but they just do gravel and really shitty state highways :laughing:

What's Massachusetts excuse? They have plenty of taxpayer money and most of their roads are absolute shit.

I ain’t saying shit about anybody’s roads.
IMG_2731.jpeg

The county road my driveway is off of is just one continuous pot hole patch after another that are either to high or to low and driving down it over 10mph results in spilled beverages and or concussions. I also live way out in the country in a "city" of less than 3k and my property taxes are very reasonable so I don't complain about the county roads being shit. All the state roads/highways for the most part are pretty nice and they seem to keep up on the maintenance so I'm not complaining about driving down a few shitty roads to get to the good ones either.

The minute they widen and pave my road and make it nice I'm out of here because that means one of the farmers sold a field and I'm about to get a few hundred neighbors. Fuck that

The county road my driveway is off of is just one continuous pot hole patch after another that are either to high or to low and driving down it over 10mph results in spilled beverages and or concussions. I also live way out in the country in a "city" of less than 3k and my property taxes are very reasonable so I don't complain about the county roads being shit. All the state roads/highways for the most part are pretty nice and they seem to keep up on the maintenance so I'm not complaining about driving down a few shitty roads to get to the good ones either.

The minute they widen and pave my road and make it nice I'm out of here because that means one of the farmers sold a field and I'm about to get a few hundred neighbors. Fuck that
Great story show us your wifes tits eh?

I think the roads in Vermont are way better than the roads I lived around in PA. Hell, most of the dirt roads here are smoother than York’s streets.

They’re also pretty quick about things here, they stripped a few miles of Danby pawlet rd in one day and repaved it the next. Rutland though, they’ve been dragging ass on that rt 7 & 4 repave.

I think the roads in Vermont are way better than the roads I lived around in PA. Hell, most of the dirt roads here are smoother than York’s streets.

They’re also pretty quick about things here, they stripped a few miles of Danby pawlet rd in one day and repaved it the next. Rutland though, they’ve been dragging ass on that rt 7 & 4 repave.
PA is one giant pothole. But at least it's all paved. Can't say that about Vermont. :laughing:

PA is one giant pothole. But at least it's all paved. Can't say that about Vermont. :laughing:

Michigan has the worst roads I’ve driven on, this was ten years ago when I would go that way fairly often but the amount and size of the potholes made it look like the surface of the moon. Pa and the rest of north east and Midwest are equally terrible because of salt and freeze thaw cycles.

Once you get south of Missouri, Kentucky and North Carolina. The roads get slightly better because they don’t use salt and they don’t have freeze thaw cycles the north has.

Last edited:
Michigan has the worst roads I’ve driven on, this was ten years ago when I would go that way fairly often but the amount and size of the potholes made it look like the surface of the moon. Pa and the rest of north east and Midwest are equally terrible because of salt and freeze thaw cycles.

Once you get south of Missouri, Kentucky in North Carolina. The roads get slightly better because they don’t use salt and they don’t have freeze thaw cycles the north has.
Last I was in Michigan the interstate was returning to gravel.
Ten years ago 75 shook the speedometer cable loose in my truck.
So at least it's consistent.

older southern county & state roads I’ve driven on seem damn narrow with minimal shoulder. Smooth but better stay on them cause the ditch is but a few inches away.
We have roads around here that are 1 modern vehicle wide, but they're not smooth :homer:.

It’s not the milk truckers or log truckers fucking up the covered bridges. It’s the fucking idiots in box trucks hitting them.

The only way farmers can survive is from grants and subsidies. Farm is hardly an industry anymore, it’s a struggle. These poor bastards aren’t driving around in BMW or new one tons.

True
But the wine industry is.
And they get subsidies iirc...
And caltrans never met a shitty patch they didn't love.

PA also has the nation's highest fuel taxes.

Top Back Refresh