What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Strange looking "mutha fuggin ford rangers" :flipoff2:the tires don't look bad for weight...

Last edited:
That is actually impressive the frames/axles on those trucks even hold up. Those bales must not be very heavy or baled very tightly.

I know it’s a good load on a truck pulling 10-15 round bales and the majority of that load is sitting on a trailer and not on the truck itself.
We put on "14" 8x4x4 bales that average 1800# ea.

IMG_9894.jpeg

We put on "14" 8x4x4 bales that average 1800# ea.

IMG_9894.jpeg
That is an impressive load but again, that load is on a tri-axle goose neck trailer. And those trucks are hauling what looks to be atleast half of that “by volume” on some sketchy racks. I can only imagine they are loosely packed and not actually tightly baled.

I don't want some new app. So it weighed 180,000 pounds?

I don't want some new app. So it weighed 180,000 pounds?
An oversized load on a commercial truck was nabbed in Fairfield County for allegedly being more than 100,000 overweight.

The truck was stopped in Danbury by Connecticut State Police conducting commercial vehicle enforcement on I-84 around 7 a.m., Wednesday, July 10.

According to State Police, the truck was stopped after it was seen bypassing the Danbury scale along I-84 eastbound by traveling the secondary roads in the area.

An investigation revealed that the truck had numerous oversized load permit violations. Further investigation revealed that the carrier out of New York did not have a state Department of Transportation oversize permit, police said.

Police said the vehicle's gross weight was 183,300 pounds, which is 103,300 pounds over the allowed weight without a permit when it was weighed using portable scales.

In addition, six out of the eight axles were not in compliance with the maximum allowed statute weight of 18,000 pounds per axle. Size violations were also found, including over height, over length, and over width without a permit, police added.

The carrier was fined $39,101, and the truck was taken out of service.

An oversized load on a commercial truck was nabbed in Fairfield County for allegedly being more than 100,000 overweight.

The comment section is hilarious, full of ignorant folks.
  • Bridges will fall down because of this guy
  • Equipment haulers cause all the accidents
  • ETC

All because he didn't have paperwork. Really he was about 1/2 pound light.

183k, no permit and skipped the scales

Nice! :eek:

The truck was stopped in Danbury by Connecticut State Police conducting commercial vehicle enforcement on I-84 around 7 a.m., Wednesday, July 10.

According to State Police, the truck was stopped after it was seen bypassing the Danbury scale along I-84 eastbound by traveling the secondary roads in the area.

An investigation revealed that the truck had numerous oversized load permit violations. Further investigation revealed that the carrier out of New York did not have a state Department of Transportation oversize permit, police said.

Police said the vehicle's gross weight was 183,300 pounds, which is 103,300 pounds over the allowed weight without a permit when it was weighed using portable scales.

In addition, six out of the eight axles were not in compliance with the maximum allowed statute weight of 18,000 pounds per axle. Size violations were also found, including over height, over length, and over width without a permit, police added.

Thanks!

Screenshot-29.png

thought it was a repost of the scrap hauler a few years ago they crucified for a similar weight
nope, just a totally normal and sensible load minus zee reichs papers
I know the one you’re talking about I think and I believe he was 160k on 5 axles. The one where they only caught him bc his tires blew and the service call took too long? I remember this because I had just hauled a similar load without issue. 160k gross of cast scrap to a wood stove place in a tub trailer. I won’t name places but was in first gear up a major highway on a mountain pass in first gear doing single digit mph lol. I hate those tub trailers. Anything over 130k sucks because they are so high COG and shit like bailed tin and crushed cars love to stick in the nose while dumping.

With that excavator being lower COG and the 7 axles we see in the picture I wouldn’t think twice. 7 axles we can see so 25000ish per axle not really over too much on a 23k axle. Front I’ll assume is a 20k. He may even be 8 axles if there’s a drop axle so 22500. It’s only unsafe if you didn’t pay their piracy, that load was just as heavy if not heavier when the wrecker towed it away on the same roads.

Top Back Refresh