What's new

Big Dumb Loads

CMM2wQW.jpg

That will give you about 100,000 mile lifetime. Better make it last.

__

Yes but I love a complicated repo.
Fwiw uhaul never sells those trailers, they’re destroyed once they’re no longer useable. So yes they’re most likely looking for it but don’t know what to do about it
While true at some point in time, there were other ways to wind up with one. If they got towed to an impound lot for whatever reason, U-haul would not bail them out. They got auctioned out of those yards like any other vehicle left for storage fees

While true at some point in time, there were other ways to wind up with one. If they got towed to an impound lot for whatever reason, U-haul would not bail them out. They got auctioned out of those yards like any other vehicle left for storage fees
Oh no, U-Haul does come after their stuff. We had some equipment in our yard that had been reported stolen and picked up at a border patrol checkpoint from the license plate scanner. We hauled it back to our yard, contacted U-Haul corporate, and waited.. 9 months later they sent somebody from 700 miles away to retrieve the equipment and bring it back to its original location. They paid the entire storage bill in full as well.

Reactions: DMG
I bet not. The unit number is clearly visible in several photographs floating around the internet, to include in groups frequented by U-Haul employees and area managers. They know where it is, they just haven't done anything about it yet.
I bet they are worried about liability. Towing that pile or unloading it could turn into a mess, fast.

Oh no, U-Haul does come after their stuff. We had some equipment in our yard that had been reported stolen and picked up at a border patrol checkpoint from the license plate scanner. We hauled it back to our yard, contacted U-Haul corporate, and waited.. 9 months later they sent somebody from 700 miles away to retrieve the equipment and bring it back to its original location. They paid the entire storage bill in full as well.
I bought one from a buddy who got it at an impound auction. Must have been an anomaly.

B58A01BE-A278-4EB0-9698-DB652721D929.png

Uhaul goes way out of their way to stop this. Some of them are out there but usually it’s because uhaul doesn’t know about it.

uhaul is a super tight lipped family company that has seen huge success, it’s actually really interesting to read about
If you read what it says in your picture, it says they do not sell them currently. You could find them on their website for sale right up into 2021, hell they still sell replacement parts for them.

If you read what it says in your picture, it says they do not sell them currently. You could find them on their website for sale right up into 2021, hell they still sell replacement parts for them.

I have tried to buy them. They will be listed as inventory but never sold. Unless someone has fucked up and sold one.

I had one that I would gross out at 25800 with a mini-ex behind it. I went through manifolds every 25k or less. They'd crack at the back and that would spread until chunks blew out.

4 low for the hills. Could do 55 in 5th and low. :lmao:

That truck lived above 4k rpm. Got 10mpg on a great day empty, 5-6mpg was normal towing.

It was doing the random death rattle off and on and needed another manifold job when they sold it at 180k miles. It would only do the death rattle during certain drive cycles and bear the end of the oil change. Fresh Mobil 1 and it would go away, for 3-4k miles.
is that a joke? i never thought about 4 low for towing in the mountains. i assumed it would tear up the t case. :homer:

but if thats legit there are a few places i go, i'll be doing it in 4 low now.

is that a joke? i never thought about 4 low for towing in the mountains. i assumed it would tear up the t case. :homer:

but if thats legit there are a few places i go, i'll be doing it in 4 low now.
It works great but don't expect to be going modern highway speeds with a 2.7x low range. Plan your route and time your trips accordingly.

dunno about electric shift, but you certainly can bangshift a manual shift bw1354 into high at 50

iirc I was able to get it back in low while moving through revmatching but never got very good at it

looks like i'll be trying it out. trucks has manual t case shifter

there is one particular 2lane pass i do at least once a year thats usually 40-50mph going with traffic. loaded down, if i have to slow down i cant get above 20mph, hopefully i get around to regearing before then, we will see

looks like i'll be trying it out. trucks has manual t case shifter

there is one particular 2lane pass i do at least once a year thats usually 40-50mph going with traffic. loaded down, if i have to slow down i cant get above 20mph, hopefully i get around to regearing before then, we will see
Low range would be perfect for that.

Yeah when towing up a steepish windy pass with a 35 MPH speed limit I would go in low range just for the easy button factor. I'm talking hairpin curves windy.

Could very well be real. Double lane hauls like that have taken place lots over the years but not so much now as they used to due to heavier trailers being made and regulations making you tear down the unit versus haul it like that.
If it's a chop, it's an old one. That picture has been bouncing around for many years.

Aaron Z

Could very well be real. Double lane hauls like that have taken place lots over the years but not so much now as they used to due to heavier trailers being made and regulations making you tear down the unit versus haul it like that.
What would be the advantage of moving a truck like that?
It is taller, just as wide, and with the other trucks under it, now it is heavier

Why cant you just drive it? Those things scoot right along

What would be the advantage of moving a truck like that?
It is taller, just as wide, and with the other trucks under it, now it is heavier

Why cant you just drive it? Those things scoot right along
More contact points in the road with all the axles on the trailers. Spreading the load. If my math is correct, there are 64 tires between the 2 trucks, vs 8 on the dump

Top Back Refresh