What's new

Big Dumb Loads

Sold a stick of DOM today.
20210801_111950.jpg
slide it under the truck
hauled a many 20'ers with a nissan hardbody that way when I really shouldn't have in my younger years :laughing:

Pretty sure when they move trucks like that the wheels get taken off. And when they go to,work they die there. Could be wrong....

Pretty sure when they move trucks like that the wheels get taken off. And when they go to,work they die there. Could be wrong....
Might also be a move from one side of a large mine to the other, or taking it back to the shop because something broke that's easier to fix at the shop.

Aaron Z

slide it under the truck
hauled a many 20'ers with a nissan hardbody that way when I really shouldn't have in my younger years :laughing:
I guess the fuel tank hangs down enough on a superduty that it might keep it off the rear axle
that trick works great for FWD shitboxes because (most of them) don't got a rear axle that droops out and tears your strap holding the back of the pipe/rebar/lumber

Sold a stick of DOM today.
20210801_111950.jpg
My boss used to transport trim that way all the time. Whole contractor packs at a time. Refused to buy a ladder rack that he sorely needed to have. I'm surprised he never ripped the mirrors off the truck.

is that a joke? i never thought about 4 low for towing in the mountains. i assumed it would tear up the t case. :homer:

but if thats legit there are a few places i go, i'll be doing it in 4 low now.

Manual hubs. No fancy vacuum hubs on my junk. :flipoff2:

I'd just leave the hubs out, rwd, never ran it for too long. Usually it was 25-50 miles around and in Yellowstone where I wasn't going over 35mph anyways.

Manual hubs. No fancy vacuum hubs on my junk. :flipoff2:

I'd just leave the hubs out, rwd, never ran it for too long. Usually it was 25-50 miles around and in Yellowstone where I wasn't going over 35mph anyways.
While we're on the subject anyone know how well an NP203 range box likes high speed operation? I know that historically some mud truck guys have run it to get reduction for big tires but they tend to only run high speed wide open for a few minutes at a time and they tend to err toward gearing in the axles where possible.

While we're on the subject anyone know how well an NP203 range box likes high speed operation? I know that historically some mud truck guys have run it to get reduction for big tires but they tend to only run high speed wide open for a few minutes at a time and they tend to err toward gearing in the axles where possible.

they put them in military stuff so I am sure they got beat in 4 lo at higher speeds…

our hundred series can be in full time 4wd low range without locking the center diff. Awesome for moving trailers around in our mountains.

they've been used as overdrives in land speed cars
read it somewhere long ago so no source other than "trust me, bro"
iirc looking at the insides you'd need to swap the pocket bearing out for something that'd handle thrust load if you were gonna use it as an overdrive

They are loose rollerbearing idler shaft like d18/20, the pilots of all iron np cases.

If a 205 will do it a 203 will also.

That's basically what I figured since it's basically built like a half assed transmission. I just wanted to check before I accidentally welded a bunch of old and hard to find parts together. :laughing:

Fwiw. The next step for my crewcab is to nv4500/203/205.

A lot of the summer driving for me is 2wd low. Dont need 4wd but the low smooths out the trails a bit

Idk. Only found the pic as is.
Supposed theres a pic of it driving too.

I would think if whistledickfucktard did it he wouldnt put anything in the bed to hold it up

I have a friend that loaded the hell out of his truck with brick, it didn't really squat much so he kept loading. When he pulled off the ledge it did fuck his bumper, even blew out one of his tires:lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh