What's new

Big Dumb Loads

I saw a tiktok o that fkr pullin off with the dozer And the bumper. Cribbing in the bed.
FB_IMG_1628009622753.jpg

Hahaha i deleted stacked wood & went with cribbing. Didn’t wanna sound like a dipshit. “Dont let the overalls & the accent fool you, i got a fuckin clue” 🍺

Maybe hero needs to start advertising their tcases for tow rigs too. They have a few options between 1:1 and 2:1 in the 3 speeds iirc.

B58A01BE-A278-4EB0-9698-DB652721D929.png

Uhaul goes way out of their way to stop this. Some of them are out there but usually it’s because uhaul doesn’t know about it.

uhaul is a super tight lipped family company that has seen huge success, it’s actually really interesting to read about
What’s surprising is that they are still in business.
Most of their trucks are total worn out junk and Ryder and every other company is cheaper and has brand new trucks .
And they have zero inventory management

when you call to rent or reserve a trailer , they can’t tell you which location has what .

Most of their trucks are total worn out junk and Ryder and every other company is cheaper and has brand new trucks .

when you call to rent or reserve a trailer , they can’t tell you which location has what .

No they can't, but they'll happily take your money to reserve a unit that might be available when you want it.

No they can't, but they'll happily take your money to reserve a unit that might be available when you want it.
I've never had any of these problems. Sucks to suck. :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

The milage rate is better for other rental companies and other companies offer discounts if you're gonna rent for a longer period of time but for just BDLing a hundred miles or so on a Saturday or if you need the flexibility of a 1-way Uhaul is pretty good.

I've never had any of these problems. Sucks to suck. :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

The milage rate is better for other rental companies and other companies offer discounts if you're gonna rent for a longer period of time but for just BDLing a hundred miles or so on a Saturday or if you need the flexibility of a 1-way Uhaul is pretty good.
Last time we renteda
Truck , the Uhaul was a total
Junker with over 150k on it and the Penske was brand new, and the Penske was a lower price too.

call
And ask for a car hauler trailer or a 12
Foot cargo trailer , they won’t be able to tell you if they have one or not, and if you’re in a big city with a uhaul dealer every eight miles , they won’t be able to tell
You which dealers have what inventory. They will call
You back an hour or two later and tell
You a dealer 38 miles away has what you wanted, meanwhile I’ve already driven to the nearest place and am nearly done hitching it up .

call the nationwide motel chain number and they can tell you instantly how many rooms are available at every one of their hundreds of hotels every night for the next year.
But this is waaay beyond the capabilities of uhaul.

Class 5 receiver ftw
+ 1 On survivability...

Another "tow rating" special!

Last edited:
That's an expensive tow rig (porsche). To my surprise, they're rated to tow 7700#. Wonder what that trailer weighs.

I have a 28' TT thats 8000 gross. That looks to be about in that area length wise. The problem is, many people that have them do not pay any attention to dry weight, gross weight, or storage capacity. We used to see them all the time with bent axles or de-arched springs and they would weigh several thousand more than gross, just plain overloaded.

People have no idea how much all the crap they pack into their camper weighs.. All the clothes, food, kids toys, water in the tanks.. That shit adds up fast..

My toyhauler is tandem axle bumper pull, 6 lugs axles. Tag says 7500# dry. I weighed truck and trailer with my RZR in it and normal load for camping for a long weekend. very little fresh water in the tanks since I don't like to carry the extra weight unless absolutely necessary. I figured I was grossing 18k pulling it with my '15 CCSB 4wd Cummins. I was shocked when the scales showed me at 10k on the trailer axles and 10k on the truck. My guessimate is around 10-1200# of tongue weight. :eek: My camper has a 125g fresh tank too which would add another 1k pounds to the total

fb_img_1629123181817-jpg.jpg

I am impressed with how both of those vehicles retained their original shapes after rolling and sliding. Especially the camper. Sometimes those things just about turn to dust.

Judging from the area and the lack of damage, I am gonna say that was a low speed high wind blow over. Have seen numerous blow overs going back and forth to my brother's out in western Montana.

Based on the contents of the trailer odds are pretty good there's enough weight in the box truck that nothing ~8k of trailer can do will prevent the box truck from going where it's pointed. :laughing:
Brought my '87 K5 on 35's and 1 ton running gear home on a Uhaul trailer behind the biggest box truck they had, loaded down. Trailer was full of sheet steel and aluminum under the blazer. Went from the western burbs of Chicago to North Texas. That stupid thing had the 6.9 diesel in it and I'd get a big running start on hills, doing 90 or so, but top the hill at 25 mph. Fun times.

fb_img_1629123181817-jpg.jpg

Judging from the area and the lack of damage, I am gonna say that was a low speed high wind blow over. Have seen numerous blow overs going back and forth to my brother's out in western Montana.

I think it was sway. That’s why it is facing the wrong way in its lane. It swayed until it spun and flippped.

Same. The big skid marks on the road tell the story, and the hill on the left side tells me there wouldn't be crazy winds.

It is impressive that the camper stayed together though. I would think itd turn to dust, like when they have campers in a demo derby lol

Reactions: DMG
I think it was sway. That’s why it is facing the wrong way in its lane. It swayed until it spun and flippped.

For sure. Gotta be ready to grab that brake controller. A little squeeze is all it takes!

Reactions: DMG
Top Back Refresh