"Homemade Barbecue Sauce" Headed out today

IMG_20201211_102226119~2.jpg

Last edited:
photo36757.jpg
photo36758.jpg
photo36759.jpg
photo36760.jpg
photo36761.jpg
Need to stop drinking my collection.... hopefully get mine out by the end of the week... been out of town!!!

sooooo .... I just got rejected by UPS because they wanted to look inside by box ... how do you ship BBQ sauce to Canada?

sooooo .... I just got rejected by UPS because they wanted to look inside by box ... how do you ship BBQ sauce to Canada?

USPS? I sent some stuff to my buddy in japan. They just had me fill out a customs form.

EDIT: We also used to get "care packages" on deployment. My buddy would stuff beers in pringles cans and ship them to us.

Last edited:

I used FedEx last year. Told them it was food items valued <$50. Had zero problems other than it took about 10 days to get there.

Every time i have sent it down south i just use Canada Post (USPS once across) send it as tin/glass collectibles. no questions, and i believe to date no breakage to speak of.......fuck i probably just jinxed myself....

oh and just an FYI to the guys sending it up north, if you put a value on it we get COD charges for brokerage, duty and taxes. i think i was $80 last year, pissed me off but after i opened a few i forgot til just now.........

Last edited:
oh and just an FYI to the guys sending it up north, if you put a value on it we get COD charges for brokerage, duty and taxes. i think i was $80 last year, pissed me off but after i opened a few i forgot til just now.........

WTF??? You have to pay the tax to receive the package????
Please explain!!!!!

Received my beverage package Sunday. Thanks Jeeptj19992001 :smokin:

20201215_130430_resized.jpg

WTF??? You have to pay the tax to receive the package????
Please explain!!!!!

ill do this quick and simple and not muddle up the exchange thread too much. i just bought some stuff from goat built a month or 2 ago. they put the value on the goods at $200us,

when stuff crosses the border by a "shipping company" they take the total value, convert it to cdn $$ and we pay 13% on that total. then they charge us a brokerage fee because they had to do math to figure out how much tax to charge us, and we then pay tax on that fee. so my $200us value of goods from goat built was valued at $265.79cdn, i was charged 13% tax on that value which came to $34.55cdn a brokerage fee of $60.30 plus tax $7.84. so i owed UPS $102.69 to have my goods valued at $200us delivered to me. that is all above and beyond what i was originally charged for shipping.

UPS is probably the best company when it comes to on time and in good condition but they have the worst brokerage fees and extra costs. USPS rarely charges any brokerage fees or taxes and duty unless its a suspiciously large or expansive looking package but they can take quite some time and tracking is usually not available once it leaves the country.

Basically shipping company's know there are very few things made in Canada and have figure out a way to profit even more.

Basically Canada doesn’t want you buying shit from out of country!!!!! Damn man!!!!
ok..... back to beer....
Collected a few more today and have to stop tomorrow to finish up.... hopefully ship Thursday..... optimal time to be shipping!!!!

I tried to get it there quickly, but the USPS is full of shit this year.

December 15, 2020
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

December 11, 2020, 3:44 pm
Departed Post Office
AUSTIN, MN 55912

December 11, 2020, 12:52 pm
USPS in possession of item
AUSTIN, MN 55912

They also have this gem at the top of their screen:

ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU.

They are full of shit. USPS didn't lay off a soul for the coronas, and every other service out there is getting my stuff here on time, if not early. The status of this package of bbq sauce has remained unchanged since the 12th, only changing the date of the status. Its "moving through the system" but they don't know where in the system it is.

I'll give it a few more days, then exercise my insurance option to re-purchase some of the stuff and send a new box... likely via FedEx.

I tried to get it there quickly, but the USPS is full of shit this year.

They also have this gem at the top of their screen:

They are full of shit. USPS didn't lay off a soul for the coronas, and every other service out there is getting my stuff here on time, if not early. The status of this package of bbq sauce has remained unchanged since the 12th, only changing the date of the status. Its "moving through the system" but they don't know where in the system it is.

I'll give it a few more days, then exercise my insurance option to re-purchase some of the stuff and send a new box... likely via FedEx.

USPS has been TERRIBLE up here recently. I don't think ive gotten a single package on time. Also shipped 2 cell phones back to Verizon when we bought new ones that haven't changed status since 12-4. It was Verizon's label, not mine. Better be insurance on that

Shows its in Sacramento now, if history tells anything I'd expect it will be to my front door by tomorrow evening. At least its cold enough up here I won't need to refrigerate before opening :flipoff2:

USPS has been TERRIBLE up here recently. I don't think ive gotten a single package on time. Also shipped 2 cell phones back to Verizon when we bought new ones that haven't changed status since 12-4. It was Verizon's label, not mine. Better be insurance on that

Shows its in Sacramento now, if history tells anything I'd expect it will be to my front door by tomorrow evening. At least its cold enough up here I won't need to refrigerate before opening :flipoff2:

I saw that just now when I came in to check the status. Yours says it will be here today by 9, but I think FedEx dropped the ball, too... it passed through Nebraska at 1:39 this afternoon. No way its getting to the distribution center, then down to Stewartville and out on a truck to my house by 9. Heck, its a 6 hour drive from there to here directly.

I am leaving town tomorrow, so I need to talk to my neighbor about rescuing it off my porch and saving it. It will explode if left out there with lows in the low teens.

I saw that just now when I came in to check the status. Yours says it will be here today by 9, but I think FedEx dropped the ball, too... it passed through Nebraska at 1:39 this afternoon. No way its getting to the distribution center, then down to Stewartville and out on a truck to my house by 9. Heck, its a 6 hour drive from there to here directly.

I am leaving town tomorrow, so I need to talk to my neighbor about rescuing it off my porch and saving it. It will explode if left out there with lows in the low teens.

Most of yours are HIGH abv cans that should be ok. Added a few bottles of my home brew in there... that shit may turn into a bottle rocket

Picked up beers today. Vetteboy and I decided on 12 packs. What a great excuse to buy 4/6/12 packs so I can keep the rest!!!
PXL_20201217_021633293.jpg
​​​​​​

Most of yours are HIGH abv cans that should be ok. Added a few bottles of my home brew in there... that shit may turn into a bottle rocket

Feeling a bit better... they agreed to check tomorrow evening and toss it in my heated garage when it comes in.

Now my computer that was supposed to arrive today... fucking UPS. Says it was delivered at 4:53 pm, left by door... but by whose door did they leave it? Not mine!

Feeling a bit better... they agreed to check tomorrow evening and toss it in my heated garage when it comes in.

Now my computer that was supposed to arrive today... fucking UPS. Says it was delivered at 4:53 pm, left by door... but by whose door did they leave it? Not mine!

Yours showed up safe, and are even cold enough to drink! Will crack one open after work this evening. Thanks again

:

They are definitely worse than normal. Have a package that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday that just says in transit. :mad3:

A_G, your beer is packaged. Going to try to get it out today, but it might be Monday. Will send tracking info. when it ships.

Click image for larger version Name:	CD8CF1B2-DDBE-4DDD-A975-6508DAA743DB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	294.4 KB ID:	238102

Last edited:

Looks like yours got dropped off. The Homebrew cider, don't leave it in the heat too long. I didn't kill all the yeast before back sweetening so it will start fermenting again if it sits at high temp for a too long (week or so, a few days won't be a problem). :flipoff2:

Looks like yours got dropped off. The Homebrew cider, don't leave it in the heat too long. I didn't kill all the yeast before back sweetening so it will start fermenting again if it sits at high temp for a too long (week or so, a few days won't be a problem). :flipoff2:

I'm out of town, but the neighbors daughter is going to keep her eyes out and slide it in my heated garage when she sees it (likely in her way home from work this evening). The garage maintains 45-55⁰, so it's about perfect.

Today's high is supposed to be 38⁰ and the temp this morning was 31⁰, so it should be just fine when I get home Sunday afternoon.

Try any of my selections yet?

Top Back Refresh