What's new

Anyone running Starlink internet yet?

Loving our Starlink, still going good. Its actually gotten better with fine tuning the dish location. My wife is in zoom/team meetings all day, while I am working and emailing large drawing files.

Every now and then it has an interruption, but that could easily be one of the dogs blocking the dish. I still have it sitting on the ground until I figure out best location/direction and get it up high on the roof.

Welp, so much for not throttling connections. This is pretty disappointing. Inevitable, but disappointing.

FgwSjNsVUAAX-7d.jpg

Mine is suppose to he delivered today :bounce:

I'll never get close to 1TB, no fucks given

I haven't really checked. Years ago when I had to I was regularly in the 600-650GB range, and I do a lot more streaming these days. If I can figure out how to get into my account I'll check it out, kinda wondering now

Anyone else on Starlink affected by the outage today?

I was down for about 20-30 minutes.
Yup. I actually started to do some stuff that I was supposed to do today, then it started working again and ruined it. :homer:

:lmao:

Yep. We were down for about 20 minutes. Thought it was local because we are having a pretty bitchin storm this evening (I’ve been on 4 downed tree and one downed power line calls tonight) but turns out it was larger than that.

i saw star link is going to be getting a price hike for the peeps in ukraine. wish i could recall where i read that. damit...

i saw star link is going to be getting a price hike for the peeps in ukraine. wish i could recall where i read that. damit...
maybe on one of the hundreds of pages reporting it... :laughing:

checked my down time when I got home. No major outtage yesterday for me.

Did not see any significant downtime for our Starlink yesterday. Colorado foothills

Did get the notice regarding the new limit of 1TB/month. Those of you over the limit, how much streaming are you doing? We run a couple TV's streaming at least 6 - 8 hrs a day, 12 - 15 hrs a day on weekends. I trade online a couple days a week from home, and we have half a dozen other devices connected 24/7. We are nowhere near the limit.

Are you guys gaming 24/7 or what?

Running a torrent service?

So you mean US taxpayers will now have to donate more $$$ to the money laundering scam? I seriously doubt the Ukrainians are paying a single cent for their Starlink, and I really doubt they will be paying anything in the future. But the money laundering, and a cut for the big guy - that is never going to stop

No issues here yesterday.

Not aware of any issues with our data being over 1tb and my wife is in online meetings/video conferences and working with data on her work servers all day long.

Did get the notice regarding the new limit of 1TB/month. Those of you over the limit, how much streaming are you doing? We run a couple TV's streaming at least 6 - 8 hrs a day, 12 - 15 hrs a day on weekends. I trade online a couple days a week from home, and we have half a dozen other devices connected 24/7. We are nowhere near the limit.

Are you guys gaming 24/7 or what?

Running a torrent service?
That's what I'm wondering too. I have the TV streaming in the background listening to them as I work and my wife has it going all night every night with the sleep aid type videos and we never get close to 1TB.

We didn't have any outages yesterday either.

1669914784063.png

I work from home as a Software Engineering Manager. About 30-40% of my normal workday is being on one Zoom meeting or another. The codebase I am working with is fairly large as well as the supporting platform stuff (docker images, db snapshots, etc...). And all of our TV/Entertainment is streamed. The longest line here is Thanksgiving where the TV was on pretty much all day in more than one room.

Apparently I got caught up in the rash of "Disconnected" issues. Internet lore says its update some bug that burns up the router and/or cable. I put a ticket in and in less than 10 min the new shit is on order. Now I get to climb the ladder some more. Been a solid 5 months though, much more than I can say about the last internet provider.

Just got mine 2 weeks ago, 30 minutes to get it out of the box and setup and running, good so far.
currently sitting in the driveway protected by an orange cone, got a HF pole and hitch mount next stop Ill use it.
get it off the ground asap. I cant count how many posts ive seen where their dish got run over by someone.

I did read most of the thread but might of missed it. We've been having interweb issues with cable. How is starlink with weather like snow and clouds. Got over a foot of snow last night.

They have a heater in them that will keep the snow and ice melted off.

I have not lost signal from weather, yet.

I have had 2 outages when there was a regional outage. They didn't last long.

I did read most of the thread but might of missed it. We've been having interweb issues with cable. How is starlink with weather like snow and clouds. Got over a foot of snow last night.
If it rains really hard, like a biblical amount, it will sometimes go out for a few minutes. Normal rain isn’t an issue. It’s more resilient that sat tv to weather.

I had one weather/snow related issue last winter where it was out for an hour or so. Nothing so far this winter, and it is snowing pretty heavily outside now as I type this.

Just fyi....when the heat is on and your dry camping...it uses like 10 amps..and Is a Lil power hungry...it can drop your batteries pretty quick :laughing::laughing:

Top Back Refresh