What's new

An old man’s LJ build

I don’t remember off the top of my head it has been over two years ago that I ordered all that stuff my 6L 90 E it was a Chevrolet performance center reman so I’m not sure what it came out of but it was four-wheel-drive and I got the adapter from advance
I should be around the shop today I will try to come up with that
Say hello to Blaze for me when you see him and that grumpy ass Beefie.....

Gaining ground it’s starting to look like something

Attachments

• 193533A5-4E73-4EE1-840A-50CF91DF4950.jpeg
    193533A5-4E73-4EE1-840A-50CF91DF4950.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • 56395076-3B98-4D56-858A-C7398839A022.jpeg
    56395076-3B98-4D56-858A-C7398839A022.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
  • CC702404-1563-4974-9866-8DF5BADD8AA2.jpeg
    CC702404-1563-4974-9866-8DF5BADD8AA2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 161
Sorry that I’ve disappeared for a while but I make my living spring summer and fall and about the only free time that I have is winter or when we have severe weather for a while
I intended to have this thing wrapped up by this time but life happens and my energy level isn’t what it used to be
And just so you know your post made me go out there and hit the ignition switch that had not been touched for three months and she lit right up!!!!! And I have to admit that’s an awesome sound!
So at least just got me thinking again
Thank you and have a great day
Tom

Subbed... love it. Just picked up an 04 LJ myself. Tons, 40s, atlas on the way. Sticking 4.0 for now but planning LS in next year or two.

Are you happy, or at least content with frenching the rear shock towers rather than redoing frame rails or something like motobilts back half frame kit? I'm on the fence with which to do.

Sorry for the late response. I just now seen this I have not had time to work on the jeep but I am going to get some done this winter. I spent the last two weeks updating some issues with my toter home so I could take a small trip this winter.
My Jeep frame and body was in such good shape I decided to go this route
If the frame would’ve been rusted I probably would have done a different back half.
I also don’t like the look of the comp cut personally
I wanted to keep it as close to jeep contour as possible.
Two weeks would finish this rig if I could just find them
It’s hell to get old and don’t let anybody fool you into thinking the golden yours are ahead of you, enjoy life as you go.

Last edited:
I did buy the bumpers so I cheated there but I built my own rock sliders and skid plate with a little help from a couple of friends with the right equipment they turned out really nice
More pictures in a few minutes

Both the front and rear bumpers are Motobilt But the rock sliders and skid plate or my own

Me and my fat fingered posting sorry about the duplicates

So to one of my best friends and my wife I lost out on the color of my cage I wanted to go with black but instead I am quite sure they can see it from the space station……
10D3FAB9-9C0A-4D82-967A-3D84E81FBCA5.jpeg

Did a carrier for a friend last month. He wanted it silver to match his cage. Everything else black. Looked good.

Attachments

• IMG_20220218_215410.jpg
    IMG_20220218_215410.jpg
    644.8 KB · Views: 3
So to one of my best friends and my wife I lost out on the color of my cage I wanted to go with black but instead I am quite sure they can see it from the space station……
10D3FAB9-9C0A-4D82-967A-3D84E81FBCA5.jpeg

The first time you grab the cage after it's been sitting in the sun, you'll be happy it's not black.

I do think black LOOKS better though.

Everyone gonna think you're a raiders fan with all that black and silver!

Lookin good tho. You sticking with those wheels or are they mock ups?

“Everyone gonna think you're a raiders fan with all that black and silver!”

What is a raider?

And for what those damn double beadlocks cost yes I’m going to run them😳

Due to the massive brake caliper and rotor size on those super 60s I had to run 20 inch rims
But since I started this project a couple guys have came up with some new knuckles that would allow 17 inch rims.
too late for that now…..
But I’m betting I don’t have any trouble stopping…..

Top Back Refresh