What's new

83 pickup that went full buggy,

next was the radiator brackets were finished and fan mounted to RAD

fan was mounted top and bottom with 1/8 aluminum flat bar bent to fit and bolted to the top and bottom u channel with 10/24 screws.

one possible concern is the RAD sticks up past the cage bar. and in roll over could possibly get hit. , but if i lean it forward or move forward how much room do i need in front of RAD to draw in air. ?
and if i put on side panels will that restrict the air movement. or these fans just pull air regardless.

1676297575498.png

made simple J brackets to hold RAD down.
1676297630833.png

1676297654572.png

1676298035188.png

1676298105466.png

fuel tanks mounts built
and bottom plate put in below tank also, more for heat than anything else because exhaust is right below tank

1676298246686.png

seat mounts had me scratching my head alot this weekend

sure i could just make them solid and be done but this big ass tcase makes that a bit of a challenge for sure. if i made them solid and need to remove tcase it can only go down. but what if i need to raise the tcase two inches to make some repair or something. so the seat mount count not be solid.

started off with the bar going to the dash from there everything else kinda worked out.
1.5 inch square with one inch inside made the inside seat bar removable

off the center bar i bent a bracket the bolt to the front inside seat mount.
also notched out the angle iron to fit over tcase, i know i dont need this because the seat bolts will hold but this will allow me to put a cover over tcase between seat. maybe

1676298572325.png

1676298786549.png

1676298854638.png

i think i can make the tcase shifters pretty easy with a piece of tubing and 9/16 bolt and some clever bends.

1676298943180.png

outside two will be easy, the middle one a little more challening.
i just went back in a old thread i made on ord shifter besides jb customs and saw where

SCOTTS_4X welded a slick bracket up to his shift rail. i cuss my self for not seeing this earlier because i could have done that before i assembled the tcase. but i did not so i will weld it in place,​

like this

and this
1676299249052.png

1676299217767.png

one possible concern is the RAD sticks up past the cage bar. and in roll over could possibly get hit. , but if i lean it forward or move forward how much room do i need in front of RAD to draw in air. ?

1676298035188.png

As long as you're not trying to go fast, you'll be fine.

Past 30/40mph the fuel cell will block all airflow.

I would tilt it forward for sure. For crawling it'll be more than enough.

As long as you're not trying to go fast, you'll be fine.

Past 30/40mph the fuel cell will block all airflow.

I would tilt it forward for sure. For crawling it'll be more than enough.
so tilt below cage, dont put side panels in also. more air. and worst cast i just mount it up higher later on its just cut and welding.

also forgot to mention. i scored some 1/8 stainless steel 1.5" tubing that will be my RAD lines, even heard i can put it in the bender and bend also. so that should be cool

If you take it easy, I know it will work.

ridered3 has the same on on his car and it works good.

He doesn't beat on it though.

well i will give it a try. it will package very nice. not sure if i can do this but can you put a tube heat exchanger in line also? like a pre cooler?

If you take it easy, I know it will work.

ridered3 has the same on on his car and it works good.

He doesn't beat on it though.
My cooler like that is mounted directly behind the passenger seat and even has a side panel next to it. It doesn’t get the best air flow due to the side panel there but not had a single issue with cooling fluids in 20+ trips over the last three years in the southeast.

My cooler like that is mounted directly behind the passenger seat and even has a side panel next to it. It doesn’t get the best air flow due to the side panel there but not had a single issue with cooling fluids in 20+ trips over the last three years in the southeast.
mine is going up front where the original RAD was so it will get plenty of air all the time.

this is good news for sure. ty

fair enough.

it would be interesting to see what his definition of he dont beat on it his. ahhaha :lmao::lmao:
He was saying that I don’t beat on mine. He occasionally verifies that my rev limiter works and cleans out the upper rpm range for me. That’s what friends are for after all.

His buggy is a different story at times though. :lmao:

not much progress last night, just welded some of the tacks up solid and dug out the bender and made a quick receiver hitch mount on my table so i can use it. because next its time to bend 1.5" stainless steel tubing for the radiator lines. it gonna be nice. nice long sweep of a bend will let the water flow nice.

1676557085200.png

chaplinfj60, I would tilt as needed. I've got less room than you in my buggy, 22r turbo, propane, and it never gets hot. I don't even have matching fans, or a good shroud. It will actually get worse in the spring when I re-arrange to be able to carry two forklift tanks, and I expect it to be fine then too.

tilt the rad? i am in a good spot now. i did not want to have it hanging over the fuel cell. no other reason than that i guess. i dont know its all a bunch of tubes welded on and thought about after the fact. fuck.. :lmao::lmao::beer::beer: but still may do that if i dont like this.

so i started the shifters. the magnum shifter works like a champ, and i used an old connecting rod from one of my old 22r that i hydro locked. so it looks kool. the other two for the 205 will be 3/8 breaker bars i got on the cheap from amazon but i need to address the flex i am getting from the linkage. need more beef. i am using 5/16 chrome molly rods i got off amazon again. may need thicker ones. the 205 does not shift as easy as the magnum. it may just take getting use to lining up gears for the shift. maybe making mountains out of mole hills also.

1677166485017.png

1677166511178.png

Top Back Refresh