What's new

1982 Pro Street ElCamino Conquista refresh

You're now rebuilding the whole car.

Just slam a sniper on that B.

They work well enough
not interested in TB EFI setup
Not interested in buying boost capable gen 1 block

I'm gonna enjoy as is until I gather enough shit to swap.

Bro needs a tall deck BBC past 500 inches with a giant 8.3L Whipple & tall aftercooler, topped with 3 stages of juice. An El Camino is a perfect platform for hole in hood/engine over the roof.

M198646457.jpg

I always wanted to a roots blower, but being poor that's a serious commitment and generally on the street they don't seem to run as good, all show no go...

The ideal (at the moment) setup is rear mount (right behind the seats/firewall under the bed twin or single turbo(s)

I always wanted to a roots blower, but being poor that's a serious commitment and generally on the street they don't seem to run as good, all show no go...
You need an extra set of injectors mounted pre blower and that will solve your problems on the street.

I also am wondering about why you'd want a root blower on an LS ? Doesn't make much sense to me. Stay old school cool all the way, or get a TVS blower on an LS.

PS : Don't get me confused, no matter what I'd go with a modern EFI.

The ideal (at the moment) setup is rear mount (right behind the seats/firewall under the bed twin or single turbo(s)
That would look pimp.
But with an underhood compartment that's so big, why would you kill the bed space when you could have both turbos close to the engine and less lag?

You need an extra set of injectors mounted pre blower and that will solve your problems on the street.

I also am wondering about why you'd want a root blower on an LS ? Doesn't make much sense to me. Stay old school cool all the way, or get a TVS blower on an LS.

PS : Don't get me confused, no matter what I'd go with a modern EFI.

That would look pimp.
But with an underhood compartment that's so big, why would you kill the bed space when you could have both turbos close to the engine and less lag?
Probably just my lack of explanation.
Roots blown BBC, Hemi etc. injected no carbs is the #1.
That doesn't give me the warm fuzzies like it used too.

This part is pure Just cause...
rear mount turbos are under the OEM bed floor, there is a huge storage compartment there from he factory that I cut out when I 4 linked it.
I put in a rear firewall and so now that space is just air, lots of room back there.
With long tube headers I would run the return air pipe inside next to the trans tunnel and put a cowl carb pan with a big 6" K&N sitting on the cowl pan but inside that the throttle body would connect to the charge air pipe through the firewall for a faux carburated setup.
Total waste of time sure, but I like weird shit, I'm tired of pretending I don't.

The Whipple above and other modern screw/TVS style blowers do not have the old school roots drawbacks. You can get modern lobes/vanes in the old style x-71 cases. Just takes piles of money.

What about engine in the bed? Maybe that was already discussed. Boat exhaust like the RK Mazdaradi.

Bro needs a tall deck BBC past 500 inches with a giant 8.3L Whipple & tall aftercooler, topped with 3 stages of juice. An El Camino is a perfect platform for hole in hood/engine over the roof.

M198646457.jpg
It's going to need a tube chassis to get that power to the ground.

You would be amazed how much power a small tire car on a 28 x 10.5 tire can put to the ground. 1600 to 2000hp engines are what the top small tire no prep cars are running for horsepower these days. :eek:
I see g bodies do all kinds of craziness when people pour the power to them.

I can't see it needing a lot more tube work to actually handle 1500 HP.

It still has the full factory frame from the 4link forward. Some front strut bars and a little connections here and there would make a pretty complete chassis imo.

Not gonna be a dual frame rail 2100 lb chassis or anything.

I'm waaayy over all that type of racing shit anyway. I had more fun at a Christmas parade in my dad's suburban withy uncle and his buddies than I ever did at the track.

I can't see it needing a lot more tube work to actually handle 1500 HP.

It still has the full factory frame from the 4link forward. Some front strut bars and a little connections here and there would make a pretty complete chassis imo.

Not gonna be a dual frame rail 2100 lb chassis or anything.

I'm waaayy over all that type of racing shit anyway. I had more fun at a Christmas parade in my dad's suburban withy uncle and his buddies than I ever did at the track.

Big ass sway bar ouy back so the chassis doesn't torque twist, some decent double adjustable shocks F&R, front travel limiters to keep it from doing wheelies when traction is ideal and that thing will haul ass.

Do you even 90's bro:laughing:
I likely agree but mufflers is the last thing on my list of actual problems.

What do I replace them with?

Black widows sure sound good; the clip of the 406ci c20 on dual widowmakers makes some nice noises:

Dude, it was fawkin hot this weekend! I wouldn't want to drive anything in this heat that doesn't have A/C, plus cars and coffee is :rainbow:. :flipoff2:
Agreed except cars and coffee in my town is 6-10 regular muscle cars not 100s of fag mobiles, basically just park across from the coffee shop on the square, get coffee and BS for 30 minutes.

Or at least that's what it looks like when I'm in my way to the cafe for breakfast.

1000013875.jpg
1000013876.jpg

Top Back Refresh