What's new

1982 Pro Street ElCamino Conquista refresh

I'd switch to a serp belt just because they are so much better. I can't imagine a scenario where you would be pulling anything close to 160 amps all at once so I doubt you will encounter belt slip problems with either setup.

I'd switch to a serp belt just because they are so much better. I can't imagine a scenario where you would be pulling anything close to 160 amps all at once so I doubt you will encounter belt slip problems with either setup.
It would be easy to do as long as they make serp belts that short, 36"ish length

I might have the wrong thickness of belt on it now, going to get a thicker section width to try, its possible it's running low in the groove.

Make sure the wiring is good.
Wiring is good but the fan cable is piggy backed off the alternator + post.
The ibb said not ideal and I suppose it's possible it fubared the voltage regulator.

I can run that fan cable back to the firewall junction block but my spidy sense says it's fine...

SlowPoke set me up with a super sketchy tire peddler so I have some new rubbers!
Shorter and wider than I wanted but at half price they are gonna have to work.

1723667451394.jpeg

Threw a $12 voltage regulator in the old alternator, the stator is a little crispy...

Might have wasted $12 :lmao:
Still going to order that 140 or 160 amp CS130D hybrid from quick start I just wanted to see if could fix this before putting it on the shelf dead.

1000014574.jpg

1000014576.jpg

Got some polish for the wheels, they need polished really bad.

1000014577.jpg

Did you disconnect line-loc because it leaks? I have to rebuild/o-ring mine ever 5 years or so.
No, I just never hooked the wiring back up after redoing the brake lines.

I used the steering wheel one time for a Halloween costume and pulled the stretch cord and button off of it and I haven't put all that back together, it's on the list.

Also I suck at polishing, I thinking might need something really aggressive to get down to virgin aluminum but this will work for now.

1000014676.jpg

No, I just never hooked the wiring back up after redoing the brake lines.

I used the steering wheel one time for a Halloween costume and pulled the stretch cord and button off of it and I haven't put all that back together, it's on the list.

Also I suck at polishing, I thinking might need something really aggressive to get down to virgin aluminum but this will work for now.

1000014676.jpg

Polishing aluminum is a shit job no matter how you slice it, I dont envy you. The Mexicans I see doing it on trucks usually start out with fine grit sandpaper and work their way back from there. They also use buffers to do the polishing but that might just be because they are doing very large surfaces.

Hook the damn line lock wires up, we are all waiting!! :flipoff2:

mounted!
Had a decently hard time getting someone to do it. 2 discount tires wouldn't and a 4wheel parts wouldn't.
In the end it was the commercial tire shop we use at work, seems they have the most capability around here.

PS not sure I am a fan of the "mud grips"...

1724854372310.jpeg

The Hoosiers look close enough to Sportsman Pros to me, little less drag car sure but still very pro street.
I hope your right, I've never seen a wide tread tire on this car so it's probably always gonna look odd.

fukin ai, why can't it spell worth a fuk
I am going to make this shirt though, with proper spelling and a picture of my car.

1724865461903.png

1724865318485.png

1724865380399.png

Come on. Have you pinched and pulled the treads yet????? IIRC they are just enough to get you started towards trouble . They don't need much heat if you ever need them.

They are soft tires, probably not as soft a side wall as the ET Drag but since they are 20 years newer they are soft.

If these 18.5" wide mofos can't handle a all motor SBC I don't need more power...:stirthepot:

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh