What's new

'05+ Ford Super Duty Dana 60 Axle Tech & Info

So I’m looking to pickup a 2wd beam to source the C’s out, and I thought this thread confirmed there’s no difference between 2wd and 4wd from C’s out

This is the dismantler photo of a 2009 2wd, any idea why the knuckle appears to be split like that over the top BJ? Never seen that before on the 4wd’s I’ve worked on, so is there something I need to look out for when sourcing 2wd parts?

0945D13E-BA84-4319-A9BE-ADFC5548B9BF.jpeg

So I’m looking to pickup a 2wd beam to source the C’s out, and I thought this thread confirmed there’s no difference between 2wd and 4wd from C’s out

This is the dismantler photo of a 2009 2wd, any idea why the knuckle appears to be split like that over the top BJ? Never seen that before on the 4wd’s I’ve worked on, so is there something I need to look out for when sourcing 2wd parts?

0945D13E-BA84-4319-A9BE-ADFC5548B9BF.jpeg
That looks exactly like the beams on my 2000 2X.

250/350 have I beam suspension.
The 450/550 2wd axles are a solid axle with the same knuckles and Cs as the 4wd axle just with no center. The 450/550 Knuckles and Cs are larger then the 4wd 250/350 axle.

The 450/550 2wd axles are a solid axle with the same knuckles and Cs as the 4wd axle just with no center. The 450/550 Knuckles and Cs are larger then the 4wd 250/350 axle.
We’ll fuck, am I misreading these posts then or is there some conflicting info

5491C861-E739-4F23-8262-1342D28CD5AA.png

EA60E699-0D1A-4680-A4F8-FF1A70BC76CB.jpeg

This. The photo looks like a twin I beam because it is.

Perhaps the retard question of the day:homer: Does a regular rotation D60diff cover fit the RR super duty 60? Eyeballing it they look the same, but I’d like to be sure before I buy one. Just looking for a heavier duty thicker steel cover and Yukons website indicates it does not fit…

Perhaps the retard question of the day:homer: Does a regular rotation D60diff cover fit the RR super duty 60? Eyeballing it they look the same, but I’d like to be sure before I buy one. Just looking for a heavier duty thicker steel cover and Yukons website indicates it does not fit…
The SD ones stick out farther IIRC....and you can't run the regular 60 cover. As an example:

The SD ones stick out farther IIRC....and you can't run the regular 60 cover. As an example:

Opppsite....the old covers will fit a superduty..but stick out more. You cannot run a super duty cover on the older kingpin stuff. It's too shallow.

Opppsite....the old covers will fit a superduty..but stick out more. You cannot run a super duty cover on the older kingpin stuff. It's too shallow.
Apologies. Faulty memory. I appreciate the correction. :beer:

Motobilt lists their standard 60 diff cover as being 3-1/2” tall and the Super Duty 70 as 2-5/8” or 2-11/16” tall.

IMG_5850.jpeg

IMG_5849.jpeg

I've seen junkyard weights but has anyone ever weighed their fronts ready to go with brackets, rams, all that stuff?

Bumping this for another question I have.

I have a 4.30 geared '22 SD front 60 and want to put a Truetrac in it but the guides say they make them for 4.10 and down and 4.56 and up. I "think" I should get the 4.10 and down carrier but can anyone confirm? I "think" the 4.30 is a thick gear set and works with the 4.10 and down but haven't found anything to confirm this.

Bumping this for another question I have.

I have a 4.30 geared '22 SD front 60 and want to put a Truetrac in it but the guides say they make them for 4.10 and down and 4.56 and up. I "think" I should get the 4.10 and down carrier but can anyone confirm? I "think" the 4.30 is a thick gear set and works with the 4.10 and down but haven't found anything to confirm this.
4.56 up is the break.

Since it was asked in the 99-04 thread I’ll cross post for the poor people searching this thread too. 05+ leaf spring conversion kit from Barnes. There was some pictures on the old site where someone did this themselves. But I can’t find them now.

05+ leaf spring conversion kit from Barnes.

Oh right, that one. Thanks.

I'd hoped somebody had a different method. Looks like coils & arms for me.

Shipping sucks from brazil. but another option if someone wants to build an axle

Isn't sombody in the states a distributor for those or another brand with identical product offerings?

I like how it says in the description: "Only the highest quality nodular iron is used in a solid axle industries' housing"

Were these people supplying SOLID with axle parts or is that just a very bad translation?

Isn't sombody in the states a distributor for those or another brand with identical product offerings?

I like how it says in the description: "Only the highest quality nodular iron is used in a solid axle industries' housing"

Were these people supplying SOLID with axle parts or is that just a very bad translation?
It's the same axle as what's sold by the company DSTRAC.

Never a good thing when you see the same product being sold under a new name as you know the OG company is struggling.

That usually means someone is about to get the shaft. Pun intended.

Top Back Refresh