What's new

“Brophy Jeep” Street Legal Ultra4 4500 class CJ6

Thank you for explaining it. I want to ad that throttle response and rapid corrections for load are amazing. My cars throttle response is so crisp and instant.
I’ve seen cables break too. But the difference is with a cable you can use some paracord or shoe laces to get off the trail. I totally agree. But for me so far so good and I’m gonna run the DBW. I have spare throttle bodies and will have the spare pedal. They are light and small.
Another great application for DBW is rear engines. Fuck 15ft long throttle cables.

Linkage adjustment and muscle control do the same thing. One takes talent, the other masks the lack of..... :flipoff2:
Not with a big ass blown engine, I promise you that.
Idle tuning on something with more than 7 liters and a big blower is impossible with DBC.

It’s funny how functional things and techniques and then over exaggerate them because it’s cool. Watching trophy trucks with 3,000-3,400 stall converters chopping the throttle to keep the converter somewhat stalled up turned into every dickhead over doing it. Is that what you are referring to?
Exactly. Except TC is surgical with it and most idiots just blip the throttle to sound cool.

Ordered these cheap stainless headers from eBay. They were $130 shipped! lol. I will see how they fit and go from there. I may use a stock cast corvette manifold or higher flow hooker cast manifold. Eventually I want to build headers but I think that’s a later down the line thing.
IMG_0176.png

Ordered these cheap stainless headers from eBay. They were $130 shipped! lol. I will see how they fit and go from there. I may use a stock cast corvette manifold or higher flow hooker cast manifold. Eventually I want to build headers but I think that’s a later down the line thing.
I think I have some LS1 corvette manifolds i have no use for.

After some intense (obsessive) research I have a direction for the drive shafts. After researching local shops and talking to some other racers I got some mixed reviews on carrier bearing style and shops.

I’m going to give J.E. Reel a call and have them help spec my drive shaft package. While they are not local to me they are pretty close to the shop the jeep is at in so cal. The rear shaft is super straightforward so the energy is going to be focused on the front. I think with the angles I’m working with I will need to run a double yoke carrier bearing and focus getting the angle from carrier to axle dialed and then see where carrier to tcase end up. I already have an open 1350 CV yoke on the TCase and that will I think be the better set up.

Most of the 2 piece stuff I’ve done was slow speed trail and rock crawler stuff. So keeping this alive for faster speeds at longer distances is the goal.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.png
    IMG_0191.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
those are lame, build some custom ones
I agree 100% but Budget is still a factor and it takes time to build proper headers. These are pretty simple compared to others so it might be more reasonable but I still have a lot of labor left to pay for on this and I wanted to build them myself originally anyways. These are one of those items where just good enough is fin and I can easily replace once the car is running and driving.

I can however put out the donation plate for the header funds. lol.

I am what you call a functioning retard and have been doing 2 projects at once. One doing the work myself the other paying the guys to do it. I just have to pick and choose where my money goes right now. I still have a few thousand in electronics I need for the jeep too.

That's why 1sinner and Pentetrode have pairs kicking around. Nobody wants that junk on their ride. :laughing:
I could not agree more honestly. The original intent was I wanted to build the headers myself. I still want to build them. Just would like to use the money towards other more important labor.
These are temporary until I can make time to do them. It’s easier to bring the jeep to a buddies shop
For a week to build headers than all the stuff they are doing now. Plus. I eventually and to see if I can connect them in a Y or X pipe don’t doesn’t sound like a damn boat. I love the sound of the exhaust on the Nissan.

Neither is building your own custom headers. Especially if you use 321ss.

Unless you go zoomies.....zoomies are cheap.:flipoff2:

Neither is building your own custom headers. Especially if you use 321ss.

Unless you go zoomies.....zoomies are cheap.:flipoff2:
Just materials to do my Nissan exhaust in aluminas steel was $1250 to my door
2-mufflers 3” oval custom sized
1- 3.5” x 22” glasspack oval
1- dual 3” to single 3.5” oval Y pipe
2-30* 3.5” oval bends
2- 3” round to 3” oval transitions
1- 3.5” oval flat turn down
I ended up not using the glass pack but everything else worked perfectly

That’s not including the headers or the flex pipes.
IMG_7831.jpeg

Top Back Refresh