What's new

Your shiddy weldz...

Thats right:lmao:

I was listening to a snail trail podcast where they were talking trail welders and they were asking if you could use gas on a karnage welder on the trail,:laughing: wtf!! :lmao:
Wait, you don’t carry a CO2 tank for your trail kegerator?

1699030985827.jpeg

Same it's all I use. My post was mocking people who say you need to be using 220 for everything in this hobby.
Amongst my buddies, I'm the noob welder. They all laughed at me when I told them my millermatic 115 -edit derp 215 worked really well on 110(I have since added 220 in my garage). Then another dude in our group bought one and had a "holy shit, he's not wrong" moment.

I dig it because there's more places I can move the welder to and plug it in when using 110 mode.

Last edited:
Amongst my buddies, I'm the noob welder. They all laughed at me when I told them my millermatic 115 worked really well on 110(I have since added 220 in my garage). Then another dude in our group bought one and had a "holy shit, he's not wrong" moment.

I dig it because there's more places I can move the welder to and plug it in when using 110 mode.
Yup. I'm rocking my Hobart 140, love it!! It was funny watching someone in our group try to use one flux core hooked up to a generator at camp last week. 220 MIG guy, couldn't lay a bead worth a damn with that setup lol

I'll upgrade someday saying all that

Amongst my buddies, I'm the noob welder. They all laughed at me when I told them my millermatic 115 -edit derp 215 worked really well on 110(I have since added 220 in my garage). Then another dude in our group bought one and had a "holy shit, he's not wrong" moment.

I keep .023 wire in my 211 and never plug it into 220 unless I need thicker wire for thick material. These inverter machines are fantastic.

I was going to say the bigger issue I was running into with 120v machines was the constant tripping but I’m not sure what a friends garage circuit was running and I was using the welder on a power bar a lot of the time LOL.

240v definitely feels a lot better. After almost 20 years of flux… I will say gas is nice and I think flux in general regardless of voltage is just different/difficult.

I previously posted my winch plate welded with .030 fluxcore and nobody scoffed. Cant remember if I posted this… my first pass with gas and solid wire.

Huge difference! But prep is everything and multiple passes aren’t the enemy with a smaller unit.

I think a lot of the influencers who rock trail welders don’t know that if there’s slag ya drag!

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
Need that meme with the young actor squinting "You guys dont have a trail kegerator?"

1699069481942.jpeg

I could have a lot of shitty welds applied for free with 2.5 gallons of draft beer in the shitbox when I rip my trackbar bracket off. Probably the second most useful thing in my Jeep if I had a trail welder.

You better roll into camp three hours early to let that keg settle or everybody is getting 90% foam:lmao:

We have had eggs scramble in the shell on wheeling trips. :lmao:

You better roll into camp three hours early to let that keg settle or everybody is getting 90% foam:lmao:

We have had eggs scramble in the shell on wheeling trips. :lmao:

Just being flat beer and carbonate it in camp as if you’ve done this once or twice before.

Some fabricobbling on Friday night. It felt good to have the bumper installed semi-permanent (I haven’t welded the bottoms or sides other than tacks)

Attachments

• IMG_4516.jpeg
    IMG_4516.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4512.jpeg
    IMG_4512.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4511.jpeg
    IMG_4511.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
Don't judge me harshly.
Flux core .030 on terrible painted metal in an old ass door frame.
Had to move the hinges cause you can't get a new standard door with that hinge spacing anymore apparently. Didn't want to cut out the frame because it's mortared and pinned to the wall.
IMG_20231111_183323190.jpg

It's ugly, but there's a door that works in the hole now and I did a pull up from the corner of the new door and it didn't sag.

Fixed is fixed?

Yes that's a jack post plate. Good eye.

Other plate is a salvaged tread from a spiral staircase.

PC043377.JPG
PC043380.JPG
You bumped that with your fist (where the flux is scrubbed off in the last photo) and said that’ll hold… didncha?

Is this on your F150?

Working on my aluminum tig welding. I have a little tremoring with my hands. Fine for the torch side, but if I don't have a guide to drag my arm across my filler side can get a bit wobbly. .090 sheet...inside and outside corners. Much respect for the people that make it look like $$$$$$$
PXL_20231128_220859734.jpg
PXL_20231128_220909222.jpg
PXL_20231128_220822418.jpg
PXL_20231128_220800664.jpg
PXL_20231128_220806533.jpg

Top Back Refresh