What's new

Why are people making just a big deal about the eclipse?

Facebook is down right now. Could I be lucky enough for Red Dawn to Kick off tomorrow morning?
1i3xRaq.gif

March 1979; I just turned 14y.o.!:eek:
Welp. Now i know what my parents were doing snd why my birthday is whst it is.

Kneel to your apocoliptic doom bringer lord, sethnegorhogh, wearer of the overalls and breaker of the diffs.

Conceived under the astrological alignment, unleashed upon the world at the full moon of hallows eve.

Last edited:
I'm very much regretting not taking today off and driving 6 hours one way with my kids to see this.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. It's fucking cool and I'm not going to get to see it.

Just recently realized the difference between 99.9% and 100%.

If you open these two links below, set the "glare" to on to see what I mean.

In Aug 2044 we will have a totality event centered over top of Alberta. It will travel North to South covering Edmonton, Red Deer and us in Calgary. We would be best to travel North to see that event, as it happens late in the evening when the sun is really low on the horizon. In Calgary it'll reach totality at around 7:40pm and sunset is at 8:20pm.

I'm in Houston for training this week and it is super foggy cloudy here with a high chance of thunderstorms. Even though we will get like 90% totality here, its unlikely I'll be able to see it. Seems like going to Eastern Canada would be your best bet today.

Saturday, cloudy and windy, low turnout it town for the "total block party"

Sunday, sunny, light wind, half as many vendors as Saturday and a thirds of the people

Today, cloudy. We will see if it burns off for a bit about noon.

I'm very much regretting not taking today off and driving 6 hours one way with my kids to see this.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. It's fucking cool and I'm not going to get to see it.
I took the day off and we pulled the kids from school to drive ~4 hours north into Wyoming to see the '17 one. It was pretty cool, there were thousands of people piled into the state park we were at, pretty well the air of a relatively chill football pregame tailgate party from my childhood, everybody there for the same thing. Took us probably 8 hours to get home (two-plus just to leave the park) but it was fun.

We're to get around 65% obscurity at home today, work sent out safety reminders about looking at it (main location will see ~95% obscurity), glad to not be travelling today/tomorrow.

I have to go East this morning :barf:

I hope its cloudy as fuck now :flipoff2:
Last one, I tried to look through my auto darkening helmet and it wouldn’t work. Sun spotted the shit out of my eyeballs trying to get it to go dark, not even on the most sensitive settings. Grabbed the fixed lens helmet and got to see it through sun spots in my vision.

Last one, I tried to look through my auto darkening helmet and it wouldn’t work. Sun spotted the shit out of my eyeballs trying to get it to go dark, not even on the most sensitive settings. Grabbed the fixed lens helmet and got to see it through sun spots in my vision.
LOL
I got the dork glasses on board

I tried a couple auto hoods and couldn't get them to stay dark, so the old fixed shade got some love again.

All morning through til now traffic heading south to get 100% view while it’s 98% here. :homer:

IMG_3772.jpeg
IMG_3773.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg

Top Back Refresh