What's new

Why are people making just a big deal about the eclipse?

Well at least the world didn't end.
Screenshot_20240408-121025_Google.jpg

Meh, it got a little dark out here but not as dark as some areas I’m sure. We’re 98% here I believe

No one turned into red pile of dust I see… dammit.

IMG_3779.jpeg

Got "dark" enough here I took my sunglasses off for a minute.:flipoff2:

Was like a dark cloud came over head. Was supposed to be cloudy today I thought but it wasn't really.

Meh. I give it a :flipoff2: out of :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

message boards along highway says to expect delays on 4/8, and of course the news. Time will tell on which it will be, overblown panicky nothing burger or indeed a hot mess as they thinks it will be.
Update.

Literally no traffic to speak of. Actually I think there was LESS traffic. Zero delay.

Although we had clouds and never could see the sun the whole time. Disappointing but the sudden nighttime dark was surreal.

Update.

Literally no traffic to speak of. Actually I think there was LESS traffic. Zero delay.

Although we had clouds and never could see the sun the whole time. Disappointing but the sudden nighttime dark was surreal.

Our PD and fire chiefs predicted we'd see 2 to 4 times our population.

We have a little festival here over 4th of July weekend. I was going to compare traffic and attendance to the last night of the festival when the fireworks show occurs.

Crowd was comparable to a typical summer day. Nowhere near the fireworks show traffic. Beach parking lot was full, decent crowd actually on the beach. No traffic at all. I headed toward downtown Cleveland around 530, so against rush hour, and there were no backups anywhere.

My friend drives a bus for the local transit agency and had been from here to downtown CLE twice and didn't get stuck in any traffic.

Nice show in the sky. The predicted shit show on the ground? Meh.

The average stupidity has grown even stupider.

I mean ok, people want to believe in magic... But this is just incredible. SO many sad people after when nothing happened...

1000009980.jpg

Space nerds did not disappoint. Half a dozen telescopes and a screen in the garage showing this and capturing time lapse.

360 degree dawn was weird.

Also I saw an airliner cross the sun about half way to totality.
Which is a super random and improbable thing.

All the way up until 1 hour before the eclipse I really felt like this was a lot of hooplah.... but once it started and during the totality time I was completely amazed at the sight of it! I must admit, I can understand now why people would travel to see it. I feel very blessed that I was able to view it from my home town and not have to travel. Even my young kids understood that this is something truly "once in a life time".

I'm about as far away from liberal as you can get. I also respect people who share my views and don't waste their time with inane bullshit that is pointless :shaking:
Then why did you respond the way you did, then?:confused:

Your post in question and this one sure resonates like you were triggered.🤷‍♂️

Then why did you respond the way you did, then?:confused:

Your post in question and this one sure resonates like you were triggered.🤷‍♂️

In a thread about the eclipse, here comes landshit shitting up a thread about awesome natural phenomenon with some stupid ass political bullshit.

It's dumb, and doesn't add to the discussion. :mad3:

I'm about as far away from liberal as you can get. I also respect people who share my views and don't waste their time with inane bullshit that is pointless :shaking:
It’s fawking irate 4x4 form not get irate form :shaking: how long have you been here and at the old place? You should know by now you don’t own or control how threads go here or what gets posted up, go pout somewhere else.

Never even went outside for this one. What eclipse?
The one a few years ago was really cool. Birds got quiet, and got really cool. Amazing thing the sun is.

Top Back Refresh