What's new

Who has actually been fired for not getting the Vax?

Attachments

• papers_please_2222222222222_10.jpg
    papers_please_2222222222222_10.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21
This a private school in Connecticut?
Sounds like a familiar problem doesn't it? It's a company that rents rooms in public schools in IL for communication disorders classrooms.

Sounds like a familiar problem doesn't it? It's a company that rents rooms in public schools in IL for communication disorders classrooms.
That sounds like the exact problem that my sister is having at the special needs school she is head master at.

About 300 WSP Troopers and 300 WSDOT employees were fired. More than that quit or got other jobs and also retired before they could be fired. They're not reporting the ones that quit or retired, but if you look at the vacancies about 30% of both agencies are suddenly gone and WSDOT is flat out telling people service will be reduced over the winter.

They're recommending to not travel with a chance of snow because they are going to be able to keep the passes open and you might get stuck in your car in a snowstorm. :laughing:

Wrong as usual. Every state is required to keep track of the vaccines being administered. Every Drs office, pharmacy, and shot spot are keeping records and turning them over to the state who in turn is handing them over to the feds.
:lmao:

Exactly. He will. They all will. They had their chance to stand and fight and they caved. Now they’ll fight alone, in even smaller numbers.
I make a point of discussing boosters with my family members that have gotten the shot. Some are fully on board, others claim that they are done; time will tell.

She's gotta know a nurse there that gives the shots.

I know nurses are quite often nuts.

I would have to imagine there is some nurse that will be willing to take her in the back room, fill a syringe and give her the 'shot' and the card saying so. Maybe $300 cash for the right person?
Just no. She needs to stand her ground, get fired and the fucking place needs to go under. Close their doors. Burn down.

Keep cheating and filing fake paper work and this shit will NEVER END.

Wife works at a preschool. The newest employee they have was terminated from a nearby hospital that required a shot wasn’t willing to take. She took a huge pay cut to go teach preschool from being a nurse but did what she had to do.
A WHOLE lot less drama/bullshit to deal with at a preschool than as a nurse. Work/life balance is probably easier at a preschool as well. Although, I've wondered if being a traveling nurse, thus working for a staffing agency instead of a hospital, allows nurses to be unvaccinated and work. Sister in law says Portland is paying $10,000/wk (or maybe month. I heard second hand) for traveling nurses. I would jump ship for 6 months at that kind of money. month OR week.

A WHOLE lot less drama/bullshit to deal with at a preschool than as a nurse. Work/life balance is probably easier at a preschool as well. Although, I've wondered if being a traveling nurse, thus working for a staffing agency instead of a hospital, allows nurses to be unvaccinated and work. Sister in law says Portland is paying $10,000/wk (or maybe month. I heard second hand) for traveling nurses. I would jump ship for 6 months at that kind of money. month OR week.
They were and probably still are paying that kinda money for nurses but you've gotta have the jab

Leave without pay started for some co-workers yesterday. Another 59 days is the soonest they can be fully dismissed.

The hammer drops at my wife's work 11/29/2021, if you are un-vaxxed you are to take immediate un-paid leave. It's a small dr office that was bought out 9 months ago, the old owners swore no vaccine mandates, but the new owners is a company called Well-Med that owns a chain of small offices. You will have 2 weeks to report back to work vaccinated or you are considered fired for failure to show to work. It's their way around paying un-employment. My wife has worked very very hard to get where she is and does not want to lose her position. She chose to get vaccinated. She was told yesterday that she is the only one there licensed to run the x-ray machine(other techs are quiting over vax mandate) now and will be getting a raise if she signs a stay contract.

This.. 100% this. Cheating and filing fake paperwork is not standing up to this BS.
I chuckled monday morning. I am building a 3000sqft building in the lots behind my dealership. There is a dpc doc coming in as soon as the paint dries. I heard monday that a board member from the local hospital reached out to our county freedom group for support of the hospital. yeah......right. get fucked. until that place closes its doors, hangs it itself from the noose they made, they will never learn. they will never stop.

The hammer drops at my wife's work 11/29/2021, if you are un-vaxxed you are to take immediate un-paid leave. It's a small dr office that was bought out 9 months ago, the old owners swore no vaccine mandates, but the new owners is a company called Well-Med that owns a chain of small offices. You will have 2 weeks to report back to work vaccinated or you are considered fired for failure to show to work. It's their way around paying un-employment. My wife has worked very very hard to get where she is and does not want to lose her position. She chose to get vaccinated. She was told yesterday that she is the only one there licensed to run the x-ray machine(other techs are quiting over vax mandate) now and will be getting a raise if she signs a stay contract.
That stay contract should come with a 30% raise and no boosters required. You require a booster and I’m gone.

That stay contract should come with a 30% raise and no boosters required. You require a booster and I’m gone.
I actually told my wife last night that there better be a big fat incentive in there for her to sign. I am betting there is though, the went from 4 on staff x-ray technicians to only one whom is licensed. She isn't even an x-ray tech, she is just licensed, she is the phlebotomists lab coordinator.

Even if the mandate hadn't been overturned my company wouldn't be large enough to fall under it. As much as the owner likes to spit out GOP talking points and everything else, I have zero doubt he'd force that shit us on the second it looked like it might cost him a dime not to. He'd probably end up losing the company with the number of us he'd have to fire though. Even before people were quitting jobs en masse we had a really hard time hiring anyone because the pay and benefits are so shitty.

Buddy of mine lost his railroad job because they're implementing this bullshit anyway. Took him like 2 days to find another job that is more consistent and pays better though.

Good buddy of mine was placed on ‘indefinite unpaid leave’ They hope he will cave but that ain’t happening.
I am facing the axe myself come first of the year however it looks like the company will only act if the lawsuits fail. It's hard enough getting help much less good help much less help with 30+ year's experience.

The company I work for has just under the number required by OSHA to make it a requirement. I also happen to be the guy that will be the one to enforce this mandate if it ever hits us. We fluctuate seasonally so we will have more employees at some point. My understanding is we are allowed to accept religious exemptions and I will be accepting them and any card or word of a card that is given to me. I have no duty to ensure they are real cards just as I have no duty to ensure identification is legitimate when completing I9s.

I believe that factored into her decision as well. She’s 25 and openly shared when getting hired that she hopes/believes that in a couple years this mandatory stuff will go away and she’ll look at rejoining the medical industry if it does go away.

I believe that factored into her decision as well. She’s 25 and openly shared when getting hired that she hopes/believes that in a couple years this mandatory stuff will go away and she’ll look at rejoining the medical industry if it does go away.
I dont think this particular mandate for the medical field will go away. Most people in the medical field already have to have vaccines for Hep, flu, and some others... I think the covid just jumped right in line.

That is what I told my wife when she found out she had to get vax or find another job. I told her that she would have to pick an entirely different career if she quit, because 95% of all med employment is going to require vax.

That is what I told my wife when she found out she had to get vax or find another job. I told her that she would have to pick an entirely different career if she quit, because 95% of all med employment is going to require vax.

ignoring the entirety of the for-or-against discussion, this is the discussion that intrigues me way more. Many of these professions are specialized, decent paying jobs. Where do those holding out plan to work if most of the industry requires the same thing? I work for a large turbine manufacturer, in the shop, and our deadline is coming soon. MUCH of the work in this area is .gov related and going to have the same reqs as here, but lots of people both hourly & salary are saying they are going to let it ride and go find another job. But where is an hourly mechanic going to go find another job making $100k????

sure, I could find something else if I wanted to take a 50% pay cut. I have nothing against anyone that choose to, or doesn't choose to get the vaccine. I'm just baffled by some of the people who barely have a high school education banking on finding a different job that pays even remotely close to the same as they make here. Few of them are retirement age, many have so many toys or ex wives they live paycheck to paycheck. Guess they'll figure something out:confused:

sure, I could find something else if I wanted to take a 50% pay cut. I have nothing against anyone that choose to, or doesn't choose to get the vaccine. I'm just baffled by some of the people who barely have a high school education banking on finding a different job that pays even remotely close to the same as they make here. Few of them are retirement age, many have so many toys or ex wives they live paycheck to paycheck. Guess they'll figure something out:confused:
It doesn't really matter, this isn't just some moral stand. The vaccine is injuring and killing people. keeping your 50% doesn't mean much when you have a fatal heart attack at 32.

They’ll next push it through the ACA and insurance providers.

If you've a nurse and want to do the travel thing I can get you an intro to a good company. :flipoff2:
I’ve got an acquaintance that is a travel nurse. Says he only does two, 3 day 12 hour a day shifts a month. Is that really a thing?

I’ve got an acquaintance that is a travel nurse. Says he only does two, 3 day 12 hour a day shifts a month. Is that really a thing?
yeah but you have to like to travel. I don't think this requirement will stick around. There is no more requirement for H1N1. Zikia has also gone away.

The vaccine is injuring and killing people. keeping your 50% doesn't mean much when you have a fatal heart attack at 32.

I support people not wanting to get the shot but that's just wrong information. Our clinic has done around ~8,000 vaccines to a population that is on the very low end of good health. There have been less then 10 that had reactions to the shot and they were minor and recovered in short order. That's not some crap I read on FB or from MSNBC or some other source, that's clinical data.

There is alot of numbers that go the other direction as well that we have not seen as well. It hasn't been the smallpox that was feared either. Sure would be nice if both sides would quit spouting off crap that is not true. Lots of group think.

Top Back Refresh