Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Couple buddies wanted to ride today. Well they show up and theres an 11year old and a kx100 with them.

That damn kid never hardley bobbled going through sections that have hung up a lot of guys. I was impressed:smokin:

Finally got to climb some real hills with the 150. 2nd an 3rd wide out, :laughing:

I need one more good ride, before I decide if the 300 gets sold or not.

Been looking at pipes an what not for the 150. Think I found a deal:lmao:

Screenshot_20230919-233627_Chrome.jpg

Me either...hell the last new pipe I bought was about $200:laughing:

We used to have a local guy that could fix most of them for about $75. That was pretty handy.

Last edited:
So last weekend I’m washing my bike and both front turn signals broke off. The left side as I was washing and the right side as I was drying. So basically I was due for new turn signals the stock replacements are $50 each and I’ve never really liked them anyhow the fronts had that 20 year old sag going on the rears are still ok so maybe post on eBay for a crackhead price.

Anyhow I went with some bikemaster part # 266016 replacements under $50 for both sets shipped from revzilla. They are smaller in size but take a standard replacement type bulb.

I’m liking how the front turned out the rear not so much I’m going to reposition the rear and install a fill piece I’ll cut out of a black plastic spool from some fuel line. I mounted them forward because they fit that hole kinda dumb in my part I’ve been trying not to cut up the rear of this bike like I did in my 750 dark. I can see the fender delete kit coming if I don’t like how this goes mounting them centered .

Either way I had a good ride today so last nights work payed off anyhow time to get back at it here’s some pics of my hackery
IMG_8727.jpeg
IMG_8776.jpeg
IMG_8774.jpeg
IMG_8773.jpeg

Got this fancy fucker working

20231002_175351.jpg

Then broke some shit

20231002_201236.jpg

buttoned up as far as I can without having that T fitting. Hopefully the logger shop has some brass stuff in stock tomorrow

20231002_224814.jpg

Not so much today but this past week wheels, fenders , fork gaters , and bars installed

I’ve been working on making a mount today and yesterday to add a oil filter it’s going to be tight but don’t see anywhere else to put it and I believe that’s where everyone else hides them.

IMG_8820.jpeg
IMG_8821.jpeg

Actually rode yesterday. Everybody I know was hunting, but had a phone number of a customer that wanted to ride. So I hit him up.

People start showing up and this guy thats every bit of 70ish rolls in with a raptor 700. Wasn't expecting that:laughing:

Was a good ride for testing out a bike... And that old fart flat out rode that quad, I was pretty surprised where he took it. He did stay a lil close for my tastes though

Well it took longer than expected so pretty much the norm for me. I had to trim the cap screw on the left side a little to clear the engine mount plate. It needed to be offset slightly as to have a decent bend radius for tge oil lines at least in my mind first time I’ve installed one of these.

I also installed the center stand and there’s plenty of room I wasn’t to sure on that until I fitted it. Here’s a few pics of my hackery at least I’ll have a real oil filter I’m calling it a win.
IMG_8825.jpeg

IMG_8841.jpeg
IMG_8847.jpeg
IMG_8849.jpeg
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8851.jpeg

The last time I rode the YZ250 I was having a ton of problems with pinging and a few other annoyances with tune-up. I guess fixing crank seal leaks causes tune-up changes. Who would've guessed? :homer:

-Lowered the float to get it to quit seaping fuel out of the overflows while on a kickstand
-Went from 40 pilot to 45
-Swapped the power jet motor to one that didn't have a torn rubber seal on the end of the needle
-Changed the leak jet from 50 to a 40. Bunch of nerds on the innernet say that's supposed to be a pretty magical fix for a YZ, guess I'll have to see for myself.
-Same main jet at 175 and same needle and clip position. Hopefully less pingy at 4500'. Gonna go find out this weekend when I go sweep/officiate at a race in my old college town.
-put in a fresh air filter

that bike doesnt fine tune itself while you are riding it?:flipoff2:
I'm not participating in this race, just sweeping and helping with course markers.

Everyone that sees me on a 2stroke will immediately know that I'm just dicking around, because if I wasn't I'd be on a real bike :flipoff2:

Doooo it. That makes way more sense instead of trying to turn yamha into a ktm

Doooo it. That makes way more sense instead of trying to turn yamha into a ktm
It's pretty much just a money thing. The YZ is truly a great platform, and I have a lot of fun riding it. But yeah, a new bike it is not, and for all the money I put into this thing building it I probably could have paid off a 300 by now :lmao:

Oh I understand that. But you shop around a bit and hit the right dealer and prices arent $13k

In the group I ride with, theres 3 '23 300's. 2 of the guys spent $11k-$12k. The other guy drove up the road 2 hours and spent $8k:laughing:

For suuuure man. I know a lot of dudes in the local area that make the drive up to Grand Junction or farther for new bikes. I have a hookup at the local KTM spot though so maybe I'll just have to tug that string when I'm ready and see if I can get some stuff knocked down closer to MSRP. Just stuff I'll get around to doing after knocking out the next round of house and truck projects :homer:

Very highly considering a billetron or smartcarb for it just for this reason.

There is also a pretty large part of me wanting the $13000 lectron known as a 2024 KTM300xc:flipoff2:
The Billetron on my quad is like fuckin magic. If my 200 didn't already have a worked over PWK I'd put one on there too.

I've made damn sure not to swing a leg over one of those new bikes so I don't buy one. I can keep being happy with my KDX and tell folks that fuel injection and electric start are for cowards that way.

The Billetron on my quad is like fuckin magic. If my 200 didn't already have a worked over PWK I'd put one on there too.
My only concern about them is that in all the cases of messing with them in the past that I've been party to, they don't tend to fix pre-existing mechanical problems that were the actual underlying cause of tuning problems. I'd hate to spend $700 on a carb only to find I still have an air leak somewhere and just need to fix my shit

Top Back Refresh