Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Could you make a hook tool out of a thin plastic card that mimics the seal mate tool I doubt you’ll find one at a shop but as Steve mentioned it might be worth a shoot to try and clean it out

My dental insurance card is probably the perfect size dig in you wallet 😁
It's also clunking. Not sure cleaning the seal will do any good. The oil has all ready exited so even if I did clean it out things wouldn't change. As fast as it leaked out I'm thinking it's more than a little dirt in the seal.

But shouldn’t they be 180* of each other?

This is how at least the ktm 2 strokes are.

20230716_134935.jpg

I pulled my KZ bobber/brat thing out of the corner of the shop this morning and stared at it for a while, put a kick start lever on since most of mine was missing. Figured out the parts bike/frame I got is way newer and the frame is different in most of the bits I need, tube size looks the same though so I can fix where the prevous owner ground through trying to remove brackets.

Didn't take a picture of my massive accomplishment, it looks pretty much the same as it did 6 months ago, just imagine it's got a kicker

PXL_20220926_002506985.jpg

Those are all outta a '13 300xcw. Piston in that 150 is the same.
Here’s what I’m use to seeing the first one is from a CR500 a wiseco the second is a Suzuki 900 triple. I do remember my friends race sled a 600 sno pro only runs one ring so I’m guessing the pins being that close is really not a big issue I kinda forgot about the single ring pistons until today early Alzheimer’s I guess.
IMG_8232.jpeg
IMG_8231.jpeg

Here’s what I’m use to seeing the first one is from a CR500 a wiseco the second is a Suzuki 900 triple. I do remember my friends race sled a 600 sno pro only runs one ring so I’m guessing the pins being that close is really not a big issue I kinda forgot about the single ring pistons until today early Alzheimer’s I guess.

Yea those are a bit different.

This is off the 540sx. Theres not a pin anywhere on it. Maybe 4 strokes are different?

20230719_182305.jpg

Yea those are a bit different.

This is off the 540sx. Theres not a pin anywhere on it. Maybe 4 strokes are different?

20230719_182305.jpg
Yeah 4 strokes are just normal piston ring packs like a car.

2 strokes have the pins to guarantee that the ring end gaps dont swing over into the transfer ports and cause a bungle in the jungle.

Rode yesterday. Been trying to ride like you would if you were in riding shape, except that i'm not :laughing: So today sucks.

I'm about done with the riding area that is still open during summer. Might park the bikes until fire season is over

Welded my chain guide back onto the 450, flushed rear brake fluid, new pads, new braided rear brake line, new grips, and new front sprocket.
20230717_191659.jpg
20230726_173410.jpg
20230726_173416.jpg
20230726_195532.jpg
20230726_195537.jpg

Now to finish up with an oil and filter and air filter swap, then it should be rideable for another week or so :laughing:

Hell just do it all. rebuild the master and the caliper new fluid etc. It's a 30 minute job, get after it nerd :flipoff2:
Firstly, I deserve that

Secondly, that's just like, your opinion man :flipoff2:

Thirdly, fluid flush and bleed and it's a lot better. Also lubed the clutch cable and perch while I was at it cause why not. :smokin:
20230729_101325.jpg

Last edited:
I did not realize there were bikes out there that still used clutch cables.:flipoff2:
I've ridden older pumpkins with harder clutch pulls than new yamaha cables :flipoff2:

That said though iirc yamaha has a hydro clutch at least as an option for 23. Maybe they'll move all the way over for 24. I'd definitely take that upgrade.

Eh, cable has worked fine forever.

That said, I have a magura hydro conversion on my little Husky and honestly it has an easier pull than the factory juice clutch in my Beta.

AIr filter day.

Who ever designed the new ktm filters needs punched in the dick. I cant see them lasting to long before they start to tear.

Also, the subframe on my 300 is bent enough that you have to zip tie the airbox cover on. Mighta forgot about it:laughing:

20230729_121252.jpg

I mounted up a 100/90r16 skinko 525 cheater front, on the rear of my wife's klx140...cause she deserves traction too.
Then I figured "hey, I'll do the rear pads while I'm here!" But the caliper didn't slide. So I hosed it with juice and tried to remove it and stripped the screw, so now I've ordered a whole new caliper and she's home on Saturday, wants to ride on Sunday...and her bike is down. Not looking forward to telling her that. Really hoping the part shows up in time.

Adding some simple bolt-ons to my wife’s new CRF300LS.

It got an AXP skid plate, Flatland rad guard, and a rear tugger strap.

I forgot to snap pics, but I also pulled the shock out to add more preload to that spring. It has almost no adjustment, but I got maybe 3/4” of preload on there before running out of threads. :shaking: It did help stiffen it up, though.

IMG_7026.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

IMG_7028.jpeg

Then came some brilliant “custom” work. First, the front brake line is constantly in the way of the dash. So, somebody figured out some time ago that if you put a big offset spacer under the brake line guide loop, it shifts that out of the way. So, I printed that part up out of PETG, and happened to have a 6mmX40mm bolt to mount that.

IMG_7029.jpeg

Onto the truly high end work. This bike is constantly spitting out heat on your right leg. There’s a single right-side radiator, and obviously the exhaust is there. But the radiator air routing is the annoying thing. So, people have been making a filler panel to fill a hole in the upper bodywork, which apparently re-routes the air downward. I’m not too sure on this one, but people claim the fan doesn’t run any more often with it installed. Anyway, I had some plastic available (old Rzr fender extension) so I picked a flat spot that didn’t have holes in it, and made my panel.

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_7027.jpeg

It’s currently just artisanally duct-taped in there. It legitimately takes the heat off your knee, and I think kinda shoots it under your leg. Some retard working in my shop unfortunately had the cardboard template upside down when he traced the line and cut it out, so I ended up having the pebbled side of the plastic on the outside rather than the smoother side. We’ll see if that gets annoying, but I bet we don’t really care.

It’s a great bike. Truly. Just as approachable as her XT250, but better in every aspect.

Sure alot of sittin down happening in those pics :flipoff2:
I can ride faster sitting down than you can standing up, neener neener!:flipoff2:

Admittedly this real tight twisty style of riding is a bit out of my wheelhouse. I find it very difficult to stand back up between 180* corners between trees when I'm just going to sit down again 2 seconds later. It's wrong and makes my ass sore but I'm also not as good at just staying stood up when things get that tight so I guess I just need more practice.

Top Back Refresh