Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

I dunno why but if I'm standing up, I cannot get my foot on the rear brake. Its just not going to happen:homer:

Changed countershaft seal, tried to put some more effort into resealing a small leak on the stator cover, and swapped out rear tires.
Ready to ride tonight.

There much riding during the summer months?
The summers get super brutal from mid june to early august around here, 95 degree heat I can deal with just fine, but 105 is a different story. Been decently tolerable the last few weeks with monsoons moving in. ABQ got hit with a decent storm yesterday so I'm hoping there'll be some moisture in the dirt this afternoo, and if the clouds roll in it'll be a perfect temp too :smokin:

Ideal riding times are usually spring and fall just after/before time change so you have a good amount of sun after work and nice temps

B82D5127-C3E7-4D81-A9DD-AEAF008936AB.jpeg
96588D9A-D92F-4610-A48C-F08B780D5F0A.jpeg

Nice rack

Jezus, how big is that muffler?:laughing:
Gotta have room for the catalytic converter. Everyone told me I’d be shocked when I pulled the stock muffler off my CRF450L. 15 lbs is one thing in your head and a different thing in your hands. Palladium is heavy!!

Gotta have room for the catalytic converter. Everyone told me I’d be shocked when I pulled the stock muffler off my CRF450L. 15 lbs is one thing in your head and a different thing in your hands. Palladium is heavy!!

Exhaust and control swaps are supposed to be good for 20 something pounds on a crf250l!

Exhaust and control swaps are supposed to be good for 20 something pounds on a crf250l!
You mean like ECU and full desmog? I would like for this bike to be much lighter for my wife, but you do hate to go away from the super super quiet exhaust and risk messing up the perfect fueling it has.

Ok not exactly my bike but my old man’s I installed the seat off of my 66 I think it looks better and much nicer ride then the custom old school one. First pic is with the old custom seat second pic show the profile difference and last pic of the stock seat installed never stopped for any outside pics to busy riding
IMG_7862.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8602.jpeg

You mean like ECU and full desmog? I would like for this bike to be much lighter for my wife, but you do hate to go away from the super super quiet exhaust and risk messing up the perfect fueling it has.

Yeah my buddy had one a couple years back. Absolutely the most boring motorcycle I've ever ridden. Like Honda set out to build a 2 wheeled civic. He looked into how to improve it, and a lot of what he found was exhaust swaps, bars, all the steel control parts, and some other shit I think. Basically the concensus was to do anything to make it lighter and more powerful.

He sold it and bought a husaberg 250 4 stroke. Kinda like a selling your civic for a rally prepped Saab. Yeah, it's more fun, but also it sucks, but in a less dependable manner than the civic.

Yeah my buddy had one a couple years back. Absolutely the most boring motorcycle I've ever ridden. Like Honda set out to build a 2 wheeled civic. He looked into how to improve it, and a lot of what he found was exhaust swaps, bars, all the steel control parts, and some other shit I think. Basically the concensus was to do anything to make it lighter and more powerful.

He sold it and bought a husaberg 250 4 stroke. Kinda like a selling your civic for a rally prepped Saab. Yeah, it's more fun, but also it sucks, but in a less dependable manner than the civic.

Ha!! Pretty accurate, really. Which also means it’s perfect for my wife. I do wish it was lighter, so I’ll do some of the bigger weight savings things. There has to be a little bit of weight in other smog stuff that’s surely on there, but I haven’t dug around on it all that much. Of course step 1 is to start adding weight in protection items. The exhaust is the big weight savings, like you said, just that big savings comes at a noise cost.

Friend from that ride we did a few weeks back is getting around to posting all his footage. We chinese fire drilled for awhile so he spent this whole video on my bike. Got to try out a 24 KTM 350XCf too. That bike is a dream. :smokin:

Looks like a good time. There's a spot like that a few hours from here. Need to get back over there one of these days, an ride it again.

Skipped out of work early, Went up and rode this shit plus some sorta single track. My god they have ran alot of bikes through it. Its just sand, rocks, an whoops:barf: only place thats open to ride though

Screenshot_20230822-194419_onX Offroad.jpg

Got spoiled riding the good stuff. I hit the whoops and I start bitching. Then omg a rut, fuck that too:lmao:

Did get to hit a couple hills with that 150. Nothing huge, but for a motor that is rather unimpressive, it squirts right up stuff. :smokin: It lugs a bit more than I thought it could. Its an interesting bike

Front tire is still fucking scary on a gravel road. Need to get that changed out before something bad happens:homer:

Went to fire up the '70 AT1 tonight and go cruise around the neighborhood for a little but it wouldn't light off, this is historically the most loyal bike I own. It would pop a couple times then die like it wasn't getting fuel. Running clear fuel line makes it easy to confirm that it in fact was not flowing fuel into the bowl, at least not at a normal pace.

Crack the drain and it would flow just fine. Pulled the bowl off and the vent is plugged solid, couldn't get it to blow out with air so I pulled the little brass tit out and found some dickwad at some point in the past apparently "fixed" a leaky needle and seat by jamming a fucking toothpick in the vent. Somehow this hasn't been a problem in all the years I've had this bike. Explains all the times it acted flooded but never dumped gas on the ground though!

PXL_20230826_023859578.jpg

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh