Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Threw a chain on the KLX and slapped the pegs back on it and got a proper test ride in. The 4 speed and new gearing give it all the zip it needs to get hurt on. Kids gonna have to step it up if he wants to be king of the back yard.

IMG_20240523_193903_071.jpg

SV rolled 30k miles the other day (I'm the original owner). Time for a coolant swap and new air filter while I was in there. Don't be jelly of my tank prop rod.:idea:

53744384114_72a125d54d_o.jpg

I managed to break off one of the fairing eyelets last time I was under here swapping plugs. I decided to get crafty and attempt a reattachment via some 'glass cloth soaked in CA, didn't have any resin handy. The factory clip would fit if I bothered to sand the few errant fibers that I got a little sloppy with. For now, the SV earned its first zip tie. :emb:

53743133357_3e8d012b73_o.jpg

Corrected graphics came in. Only complaint about them is the numbers could have been centered on the plates better. Oh well. This is what you get when you use a cheap company that doesn't send proofs.

I have some air bubbles to work out yet but not the worst job I've done putting these things on :laughing:

PXL_20240526_014812152.jpg

Rode it :laughing:

Been hitting an area that we havnt rode in about 8 years or so. Trying to remember where shit is at. Where the truck is at and all that fun stuff. Barkbusters were used a lot today. Was reminded why I cut down the bars on my 300

Also got to learn that the BLM was nice enough to turn a bunch of the main trials into hiking/non motorized trails:flipoff:

Cleaned up my trail the past 2 weekends and my knee feels fine so ripped around on the YZ for the first time today. She is spunky. Chassis feels good. Suspension seems a touch stiff but I'll put some more hours on it before I get in to that beyond clicker changes.

She doesn't turn as tight as the Beta did. My home trail is cut in pretty tight with quite a lot of full lock turns so need to either get better at them or adjust the trail :laughing:

Made a few preference tweaks.

Rear brake lever was way too high. Like my foot was under the thing high.

Shifter was too high, moved it down 1 notch.

Stock seat felt low. Swapped on the GYTR tall seat I had snagged. Better.

Bars felt really tall. Swapping the taller seat helped but still high. I had a set of Pro-Taper 'steering damper low' bars which have the exact same sweep but are about 20mm lower that I swapped on and it feels spot on now.

So nice to just ride from the shop. Trail is about 1.25 miles when all linked together. Having the short loops/cut outs is great for making changes and testing it. Really my only gripe is my property is pretty flat, so no real elevation changes to play on.

PXL_20240602_185746810.jpg

Last edited:
Rode today. I need a saw rack for the sherco. I'm lazy and would like to buy one this time. Not much interest in running a top handle saw.

What out there is worth a shit?

As for what I did, I fired up Big Whitney for tye first time in a year and a half or so. First kick, purred like a fur seal. Sure is weird riding that thing after getting used to my 300:laughing:.

Then we stripped the '17 sx50 of all its plastics, and gave it a toothbrush level scrubbing. All plastics got washed and dried, got a ton of built up gunk off the frame and engine, cleaned the wheels, just generally loved on it.

Started nut and bolting the new '23 sx50. Found a missing bolt on the front sprocket cover...which I cut the face off of, because it packs with mud and shit and slows them down. Installed an 11 tooth sprocket (stock), got a 38 rear (40 is stock) on it's way. Found the swing arm bolt loose, snugged that down. Put new not fucked grips on and found out it's got mini bars, that taper to 1/2". The other bike has standard 7/8" bars, and less sweep. I'll see which he likes better and make em the same.

Set the sag as best I could, he didn't have all his gear on, I got 60mm, they recommend 80mm...can't slack the spring off any further though, so it is what it is, unless I find out there are lighter springs around, but this is supposed to be an mx bike, so some extra height ain't the worst, his feet shouldn't be down anyway!:laughing: dropped the forks in the clamps too, to match the other bike. I may lift them backup and see how he likes them though...slower steering on the track would probably be better with higher speeds.

Also found out that the 1/4" of weld that held the steering stop on had given up at some point. I've welded so many steering stops back on, the ttr50 needs one too.

Didn't even wash my bike:homer:

Buddy I got the 110 from found the kick stand so I bought the bolt and spring to install it but it was too short with the aftermarket shock. Little scrap bucket handle bar for an extension and now I don't have to pick this porky little bike up onto an mx stand.

PXL_20240611_025029401.jpg

Had some rocky mountain cash to burn so picked up the P3 heat shields for the YZ.

Wish the clutch side extended back a little further. Still better than having no guard since the stock one won't work with the FMF muffler.

First race for this bike tomorrow. Did some laps on the property today to be sure my knees were up for it and to try out the new Mobius braces I picked up. They are much slimmer than the Asterisks I've been using for years. Trade off is they don't breath as well. They fit/feel good though.

PXL_20240615_222703260.jpg

PXL_20240615_222717050.MP.jpg

Today I learned the header wraps almost all the way around the cylinder on an late model 250F... I'm gonna head back to 2 stroke land where things make sense now.

Today I learned the header wraps almost all the way around the cylinder on an late model 250F... I'm gonna head back to 2 stroke land where things make sense now.

Just Yamaha on 15+ 250/450's have the reversed cylinder. Throttle body up front, exhaust out the back.

1718501853959.png

Yamaha prototype exhaust had it looping under the seat before they went with the wrap around design

1718502006858.png

Ossa did have a prototype 2 stroke with a reversed cylinder

1718501590242.png

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh